“Afternoon tea”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I came today with my husband to have afternoon tea at the hotel. My sister bought us the deal of the experience at The Shard and then the afternoon tea at the hotel.
We walked into the hotel, from the reception area we walked through a lobby to which people were eating. We then waited to be taken to our table. The lady checked us in to which our name was already ticked off. Our table was given to someone else. We then proceeded to another table. We sat down but all the tables around us were Not cleaned, cups, saucers, cutlery and excess food were all over tables. (Filthy)
The bread of the sandwiches were dry and not much at all.
As an afternoon tea it was very poor!
Would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Following your recent stay here at The Hilton London Tower Bridge, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments.

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests. I it is with great concern that I read your comments regarding your Afternoon tea experience with us here at Hilton London Tower Bridge and firstly let me apologies that we did not fully meet your expectation. Please be assured I will pass you feedback to the Hotel Manager.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Hilton London Tower Bridge in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdour, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Nice, clean and modern hotel. Rooms are of a good size (for London) and the sound insulation is very good. Beds are also comfortable so I slept well. The view was rubbish (a back street and an office block), but for one night who cares? The staff members on reception were friendly and helpful. The restaurant was uninviting, but there are plenty of eateries in the immediate vicinity, so it wasn't necessary to eat either dinner or an overpriced breakfast (£21.95!!!) in the hotel.
A speedy checkout was offered by just signing the bill that gets posted under your door and leaving it in the posting box, however I couldn't use this option because I need a receipt. Two copies under the door, one to sign and leave, the other to take away, would have been useful. I wonder if they've ever thought of that?

Room Tip: The upper floors (executive floors) probably have nicer views, but you will pay a lot extra for thes...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel! Apologies for the slight delay in our response.

I was happy to read that you appreciated our service and rooms, and especially pointed out the sound insulation.

With regards to the express check-out option, the full VAT invoice can only be created upon check-out, which is why the express check-out offers only an information bill in case you would need to introduce some amendments before concluding the transaction. In addition, for your convenience the VAT invoice is sent out via post, if the address is indicated, and/or via email, if an email address is provided on the express check-out envelope. I hope this will give a bit more insight in the express check-out process.

Thank you once again for your comments! They are highly valued and truly useful to the readers.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Rasa
Mount Albert
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here 4 nights during the first week of May. The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. Our room was quite comfortable and clean, although the mattress was rather rumpled. Free Wi-Fi is available only in the lobby. You can get room Wi-Fi but it's quite expensive. The ice machine in the hall was inoperative.The buffet breakfast was excellent with all the typical choices you might expect. Try to get this as part of your room package as it can be expensive if purchased separately.The room fridge requires a L50 refundable deposit, charged immediately to your credit card, whether you use the contents or not. It's also remotely locked from the front desk, which was a pain. Incidentally, just two doors down from the hotel is Tesco's 'Supermarket'. You can purchase sandwiches, fruit, pastries, drinks and even hot food to go at cheap prices if you're in a hurry. Hilton London Tower Bridge does not offer hotel transfers to airports but they will arrange cabs for you on request ($100 to Gatwick / $65 to Heathrow). As an alternative you could take a train directly to Gatwick Airport from the London Bridge Station. It's just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It costs only L10 if you don't mind dragging your luggage around a bit. Hilton Tower Bridge Hotel is in a really good location for transit using bus, train, tube or river bus (KPMG Thames Clippers). We found that purchasing an Oyster Card from the train station (good for all venues) was the best value.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and thank you for sharing all your valued comments via Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read you words: "Hilton Tower Bridge Hotel is in a really good location for transit using bus, train, tube or river bus (KPMG Thames Clippers)". We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests. I was pleased to read that your stay was excellent, the room a delight and that we have made it right after check-in.

I am looking forward to welcome you again at Hilton London Tower Bridge and please do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Myself and my husband stayed 2 nights for May bank holiday. We booked with lastminute.com who changed our hotel the day before we were to check in. I wanted this hotel due to area and they were changing us to the same hotel but canary wharf. I wasn't happy as they said it was because it was overbooked. I couldn't get through to last minute so called the hotel directly and spoke to someone called Anna, I think she was guest relations manager. I explained the situation and she said it was no problem they would accommodate us. We checked in and went to the room and was pleasantly surprised. It was a large room in a quiet location, perfect! We usually stay at the grange tower bridge which is a 5 star but this hotel is only a 4 star but I couldn't see any difference and enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hotel they were very accommodating and obviously can't please everyone but pleased us. The staff were very friendly and had quite a relaxed approach which is nice. The area is lively with places to eat near by and london bridge tube 5 mins up the road. It tends to get quiet in the evening as a few of the shops, pret, Nero, m&s close early evening but there are still places to have a meal rather than snacks. We got a taxi from covent garden back to the hotel which cost £16.00 as there were tube problems. Great location, clean hotel and friendly staff. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Always email ahead any requests. They aren't always guaranteed but will try to accommodate if po...
1 Thank Lindyloo65
Anna140579, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and I apologise with all confusion with regards to hotel accommodation that day. I was happy to assist you that day and I am glad that we could make it right for you.

I hope that you will choose our property again whilst staying in London and please do not hesitate to recommend us to your friends and family.

Anna Fratczak
Chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Expected better really from the Hilton. The room was nice enough and clean but the staff at reception and in the restaurant were unwelcoming. Ok it's a city centre hotel and very busy but staff seemed overworked. Disappointed also with the breakfast. The food was dry and tasteless, like it had been sitting around for a long time. The wifi speed was slow and often dropped completely. It's not cheap to stay here but it is central London location. It could be nice but not for us on this occasion.

Dear Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us! And I apologise for the delay in our response.

I was sad to read that you were disappointed with the service provided and found the staff to be unwelcoming. I can assure you that this is not reflective of our usual standards, and we normally receive quite a few comments about the staff being very friendly and genuine. I am truly sorry if it seemed not to be the case on this occasion.

Please accept my apologies also for the Wifi speed, we are consistently working with the provider to find solutions to any speed or connectivity issues.

I hope that you will not judge us purely on this particular experience, and that we might have the chance to welcome you back in the future to restore your faith in us.

Rasa
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here for two nights with my wife for her birthday. Hilton staff were exceptionally friendly without being patronising. The hotel took the fees for the room twice which caused my bank to have to block the card to stop both payments going.
However, saying that they upgraded us free to an executive room and added breakfast each day. I didn't ask for an upgrade so was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is in very good order. Close to the tube at London bridge and is a stones throw from HMS Belfast. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay on the Thames. A very nice surrounding area. The room is amazingly quiet although and could not hear a thing from other rooms or outside and the quality is to a typical hilton high standard.
My only gripe about the room was the air con and light switches. This seemed to be that you had to turn off a 'master switch' in order to turn off a light behind the bed but that would mean the air con would also turn off and therefore the room gets hot. Other then that the bed was huge and very very comfortable.

Next time I visit London for any period of time I will definitely be looking to book this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with Trip Advisor readers.

Please do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends and I am looking forward to welcome you back at out hotel.

Anna Fratczak
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for a weekend of sightseeing. Located 10 minutes walk from Tower Bridge and The Shard with great views of both. Near London Bridge and the station so good for getting about. Staff were lovely and helpful; we had a problem with our room key one night which was fixed straight away. Cocktails in the bar were lovely as was the complementary popcorn that came with them. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Loved the shower, so powerful. The only downside was there was no free wi-fi in the room but a public area. Wi-fi in the room would have been nice. Otherwise very nice and would recommend.

Room Tip: Any where in the middle away from the lifts as they are used quite a bit.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed the views of the Shard and that our amazing Cocktails accompanied of the popcorn enhanced your stay. Do not hesitate to contact me personally when you make your next booking with us so I can enhance your stay even further.