“Great location with rooms to match”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #169 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for some days while visiting our family. The location, so close to London Bridge underground station on the Northern line, was the main reason we chose this hotel.
It proved to be a good choice. The rooms (as a Hilton H Honours member, I was upgraded to an executive double) were spacious and comfortable, although the lighting for hair and makeup wasn't the best (according to my wife). I said "rooms" because the 1st room, on what I think was the East (or London Bridge) side, was a little noisy at night, and we were moved to a much quieter room on the other side of the building.
The building and fitout is modern, and everything worked well. The atmosphere was classic Hilton: a little impersonal, but efficient. The staff were terrific.
On the only occasion we tried the restaurant, it was good with a tasty variety of foods, although not inexpensive (particularly for drinks).
The location is good for both tourist and business purposes, with the tube just a few minutes' walk down the road.
The only let-down was that the executive lounge was very small, and filled up quickly.
You can pay a lot more in London without getting a better deal. I would recommend it unless you have a pressing need to be in some other particular location.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the "Tower" side of the building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Tower Bridge whilst staying in London and thank you for sharing all your valued comments via Trip Advisor.

I was happy to read that you were extremely satisfied with the location of the hotel, the level of service provided and mostly because we honour your loyalty to Hilton. I was thrilled to read your words “The staff were terrific” and will share it with the team that will be delighted 

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests and I will share your feedback concerning the Executive Lounge with the Hotel Manager.

I am looking forward to welcome you again at Hilton London Tower Bridge and please do not hesitate to recommend us to your family and friends.

Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Tower Bridge

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

A very nice hotel located right next to the London tower bridge. The hotel suggest a great executive lounge and an even better concierge services. Although the executive suite were quite small I enjoyed my weekend stay mainly because an amazing service from the hotel staff.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tal S

Dear Guest,

I was happy to read that you were extremely satisfied with the level of service we provide. London is a city with many hotels, so It’s with pleasure that read your words “enjoyed my weekend stay mainly because an amazing service from the hotel staff.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

If you are looking at a luxurious afternoon tea experience - avoid this hotel.
Afternoon tea here is a conveyor belt experience, served in a canteen style environment.
1 scone, not even one complete sandwich per person and cakes that are laughable.
You'll be better off eating at Eat's across the road.
Do not waste you time or money on this place

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carla B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanking you for taking the time to write your feedback, it is with great concern that I read your comments regarding your Afternoon tea experience with us here at Hilton London Tower Bridge and firstly let me apologies that we did not fully meet your expectation.

With regards to the quantity of the sandwiches, please let me assure you that I will personally review our offering with our Head Chef.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel at the end of a trans Atlantic cruise.Unfortunately the ship disembarked very early in the AM and we arrived at the hotel at approximately 11 am.Needless to say our rooms were not available until 3pm Each time we asked about our rooms , we were told Not yet. Once given our rooms , all went well.The hotel has a very delicious included breakfast buffet which had many choices.The location of the hotel can't be beat.It was a very good stay especially for a tour group.

Room Tip: The rooms are rather small.The bathrooms have the half glass shower door which I hate water goes eve...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Following your recent stay here at The Hilton London Tower Bridge, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments.

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our guests. Concerning the check-in time, please be aware that we always try to check-in our guests as soon as early as possible, however some days this may not be possible due to occupancy. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Hilton London Tower Bridge in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Nice location, close to down town by walk. Excellent services. Good, complete and fast breakfast. Very clean room. Good price for London. I suggest to stay in this hotel if you are traveling to London

Room Tip: Asks room in the high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests. I was pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and that you consider our hotel the choice when staying in London.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I came today with my husband to have afternoon tea at the hotel. My sister bought us the deal of the experience at The Shard and then the afternoon tea at the hotel.
We walked into the hotel, from the reception area we walked through a lobby to which people were eating. We then waited to be taken to our table. The lady checked us in to which our name was already ticked off. Our table was given to someone else. We then proceeded to another table. We sat down but all the tables around us were Not cleaned, cups, saucers, cutlery and excess food were all over tables. (Filthy)
The bread of the sandwiches were dry and not much at all.
As an afternoon tea it was very poor!
Would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

We highly value both positive and negative comments of our returning guests. I it is with great concern that I read your comments regarding your Afternoon tea experience with us here at Hilton London Tower Bridge and firstly let me apologies that we did not fully meet your expectation. Please be assured I will pass you feedback to the Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Nice, clean and modern hotel. Rooms are of a good size (for London) and the sound insulation is very good. Beds are also comfortable so I slept well. The view was rubbish (a back street and an office block), but for one night who cares? The staff members on reception were friendly and helpful. The restaurant was uninviting, but there are plenty of eateries in the immediate vicinity, so it wasn't necessary to eat either dinner or an overpriced breakfast (£21.95!!!) in the hotel.
A speedy checkout was offered by just signing the bill that gets posted under your door and leaving it in the posting box, however I couldn't use this option because I need a receipt. Two copies under the door, one to sign and leave, the other to take away, would have been useful. I wonder if they've ever thought of that?

Room Tip: The upper floors (executive floors) probably have nicer views, but you will pay a lot extra for thes...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel! Apologies for the slight delay in our response.

I was happy to read that you appreciated our service and rooms, and especially pointed out the sound insulation.

With regards to the express check-out option, the full VAT invoice can only be created upon check-out, which is why the express check-out offers only an information bill in case you would need to introduce some amendments before concluding the transaction. In addition, for your convenience the VAT invoice is sent out via post, if the address is indicated, and/or via email, if an email address is provided on the express check-out envelope. I hope this will give a bit more insight in the express check-out process.

Thank you once again for your comments! They are highly valued and truly useful to the readers.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,