“Good choice for Americans”

Hilton London Tower Bridge
Ranked #172 of 1,071 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a great location for some major attractions, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, The River Boats and downtown. The hotel is modern, very safe and the rooms have at least one 110 outlet, limited your need for a convertor. The breakfast is very good, with all the British and American options. Consigner made a solid dinner suggestion within walking distance. Only real complaint was having to pay for internet. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: They are very strict about check in time, so you have to stay busy until 3pm before you can get room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rasa K, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding our hotel; they are greatly valued!
I am glad you enjoyed most aspects of the hotel, and that the location and suggestions given by our concierge have proven to be beneficial. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the wifi being chargeable in the room. However, we do provide complimentary internet in the lobby area, as well as, several workstations in the Bar area and Executive Lounge.

It is wonderful to hear that you would like to return and recommend us to others. We look forward do welcoming you for your next stay in London.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Tower Bridge

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The front desk personnel warmly greeted us after our arrival early in the morning having just flown in from the states. We were directed to the Executive lounge while our room was being prepared and were pleasantly surprised by the amazing choices for breakfast. The helpful staff brought us our room key as we were finishing our meal. They clearly knew we were tired and having a place the recover from the day's travel was appreciated.

During our three night stay, each executive lounge experience was supported by the dedicated hosts who looked after our every need.

Convenient to everything London via the nearby Tube and rail station and in a newly renovated part of London we will return again and again as our travel plans allow

Stayed: May 2014
Thank tguelich .

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time you have taken to post your feedback! It is greatly appreciated!

It is wonderful to know that the Executive Lounge and its team has managed to provide you with the so needed comfort and energy refill after such a long trip, before your room was ready. We fully understand how tiring the long journeys are, and we are glad if we can ease the experience for our guests in any way.

I am thrilled to know that you would like to return to us again, and will be looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was my first visit to London and I was dazzled! I bravely traveled to the Hilton from the airport at Heathrow via the Tube. Both the underground and the train stations are very close to the Hilton making traveling the city quite easy. I purchased an Oyster card for traveling the Tube. There is a delightful restaurant (The Lauder) in the hotel. I only had one dinner at The Lauder and it was marvelous, as was the staff. I did enjoy breakfast at The Lauder each morning and savored every bite. There is a Marks and Spencers Simply Food directly across the courtyard from The Hilton and worth a visit if only to see the gastronomical delights offered! The Hilton is a few steps from the river Thames and magnificent views of the London Tower Bridge and waterfront. A perfect spot for photos. The Shard is just across from the Hilton. The front desk staff was charming and always made me feel most welcome. I read many reviews and remarks on the Hilton referring to "brilliant views" and "rooms with a view", sadly my view was rather dismal which encouraged me to spend more time out and about. Had I not been so travel-weary at check-in, I would have asked to be moved to another room. The bed was comfy and clean and the bathtub was wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear JinnieK,

It was a delight to read your review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
Indeed, I praise your courage for taking the tube all the way from Heathrow with the luggage, but, as you mentioned, it is an easier travel than one might think, considering how close it is to the Hotel.

I am so glad that you enjoyed both the meal and breakfast at our restaurant. And I will make sure to pass your feedback to the Chef and the whole team.

Hopefully, the river Thames has managed to provide you with some wonderful photos to visualise your memories in London and with us!

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you here once again! If you do choose to visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can make sure that your room would have a lovely view for the next time.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Modern hotel with all amenities right across the river from the Tower of London. Easy access to rail, tube, and river transit. Helpful and cheerful staff. If you upgrade to executive you get free breakfast, internet, and access to the lounge for teatime, evening drinks and veranda. Well worth it, especially if you are travelling with your spouse/partner.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear David P,

Thank you for your feedback! It is great to read that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciate most of the aspects of the hotel. I am happy to know that you have had the chance to experience what our Executive Lounge offers and that it has proven to be an asset to your business visit.
We would be happy to welcome you back again in the near future, be it for business or for leisure purposes.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nothing could have bettered our one night stay at Hilton Tower bridge (except several more nights.) We arrived to meet Carla who with flashing fingers on the keyboard had rearranged rooms so that my husband and I and our two adult daughters were not only in rooms close to each other but that were also ready to check into even though it was before midday. She then proceeded to upgrade us all as it was my husband's 70th birthday. When we returned from celebratory lunch we were into birthday boy's present opening with champagne in our room. When I asked the barman if it would be possible to take three champagne flutes to our room he replied that anything was possible. How charming is that? Breakfast was delicious and all the staff without exception were charming, helpful and smiley.....but it was Carla that won my heart.

Room Tip: very quiet on eighth floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear HeleneKent,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It is such a great pleasure to read that we have managed to make the special birthday stay even more special! I truly hope you and your family have enjoyed this important day to the fullest, and that it will be a memory worth keeping!

I have passed on your comments to Carla, and I can assure you she is over the moon that her efforts have made you feel so welcome and comfortable! It is a truly heart warming feeling to read of your experience.
We really hope to welcome you and your family back in the near future!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Arrived on Sunday early morning and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist. The ability to check in early was a big blessing after a long overnight flight in from the US. Overall, a great hotel with easy access to the TUBE.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Colin,

I am very sorry for the delay in our response! Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us!

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated the earlier check-in. We do our best to accommodate early arrivals as we can fully understand how exhausting long overnight flights can be.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Kindest regards,

Rasa Karlsone
PA to General Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Having stayed in the W in London a couple of weeks ago this hotel was a bit of a disappointment. The Room itself was very basic, with a limited view. Amenities were poor. The room itself was clean, and in good standing. The bed was terrible, it was hard, creaky and very uncomfortable. The air conditioning was extremely noisy. The hotel lobby was very nice, and it is in a good location. I had a free night due to my hilton card but there is no way I would pay for another night at this hotel. Especially when you consider the price is more than the much better W.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and comments. We greatly appreciate both positive and negative feedback.

I was sorry to read that we had not managed to meet your expectations during your stay with us, especially with regards to the comfort of the bed and the air conditioning noise. We would like to restore your faith in us, and thus hope we will have the chance to welcome you back as our guest in the future.