“Very pleasant”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Amstelveen
“Very pleasant”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights in May and were very pleased with our experience. The hotel is modern and efficient. Rooms are a good size for London and bathrooms are well equipped, although they are not generous with toiletries. I found my bed a little bit hard and uneven, although my wife proclaimed her side of it extremely satisfactory. Lobby a little noisy (music playing loudly sometimes for the bar customers). Breakfast was very good and the best thing of all was the staff, who almost without exception were remarkably friendly, personable, and helpful. Location is not the most touristy part of London but was perfect for visiting Tate Modern and the Globe Theatre as we were doing. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear DB1183,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at the Hilton London Tower Bridge! I am truly glad your were pleased with your experience, and that you appreciated our rooms, bathrooms, breakfast and, most importantly, the friendly service provided by our staff.

It is wonderful to read that you would like to stay with us again, therefore, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

PA to General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swaffham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in London for just a working weekend so I didn't expect to see much of the hotel, and I didn't. But what I did see impressed me greatly. The staff were polite, enthusiastic, attentive and friendly without being unnecessarily familiar. The room was a delight, the service excellent, and the only thing that (for me) let the hotel slip down below the 5 stars was the mundane breakfast. Adequate but never 5 stars unfortunately. Great value, though, for a weekend away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear johnbennett10,

A big thank you for your wonderful comments! I am so happy to read that you were impressed with our hotel, especially with regards to our staff and service. Rest assured that your comments will be passed on to the team – there is no better motivation than the knowledge that we have made a guest’s stay special. I am however sorry that you did not find the breakfast offering quite as good as expected.

Nevertheless, I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for one night, semi business and semi leisure. We used HHonors points to enable an exec room with access to the exec lounge. All was as expected from such a well-positioned Hilton. Room was a good size, clean and nicely appointed.

Exec bar was great and both afternoon tea / drinks and canapes sessions were excellent. Very informal and relaxing. This a superbly located hotel although not cheap. Tower Bridge just minutes away and some very nice bars and restaraunts within a short walking distance off Tooley Street and also in Borough Market area.

Room Tip: Exec rooms recommended if possible and these are on the higher floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alex-Bex,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience – it is a joy to know that you as our valued HHonors guest have felt comfortable while staying with us for both business and leisure purposes! I am happy that you found our Executive Lounge to be excellent and that it has been a positive addition to your hotel experience at the Hilton London Tower Bridge.

I do hope you will consider returning in the near future – we would be very glad to welcome you again!

Kind regards,

Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My sister and I have stayed here twice for weekends. We upgraded both times to Executive which is well worth the extra ££s - you get full use of the Executive lounge which includes free nibbles and drinks (most drinks you would want are there.) There are also complimentary pastries and coffees served in the day.

It's a good base for London, we were blessed with the weather in March and walked most places, and took the tube at night to get to the theatre. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rachel,

It is always great to hear from returning guests! Thank you for taking your time to post your comments. I am so happy to know that you and your sister have enjoyed the Executive Lounge service and offering on both of your visits.

It is indeed lucky to have had such a wonderful weather for your visit, and hopefully, you will be accompanied by pleasant weather on your next visit as well!

I truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Best regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Got in a taxi from Charing Cross Station, gave the address and was taken here - not where I had expected, I thought we were going to Hilton Tower Bridge where I had stayed previously but what a happy mistake! Had been upgraded to an executive room after a mix up with payment and the room was fantastic. Even though the hotel was on Tooley Street, a busy road and opposite London Bridge station, the room was quiet. Great views of the Shard and St Paul's Cathedral but also over the City of London from the terrace of the executive lounge. Plenty of choice in the lounge, only sorry we only had chance to visit the once. Breakfast was great with a good range of choice and freshly made pancakes to order. The staff were friendly and very welcoming - even charged my daughters phone for her whilst we had a drink in the lounge before departing. Stayed for 2 nights but am already making plans to return in August!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear carrieoldtrafford,

We are so happy to hear that, what was initially a mistake, turned out to be a pleasant surprise for you! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience! I am very glad the Executive room and Executive Lounge offerings and views were to your liking. Also thank you for mentioning our staff’s friendliness – we do value our guests highly and wish to make the experience with us as warm and welcoming as possible! Therefore, it is a joy to read that it has not been left unnoticed!

I am so happy that you are already planning to return in August! And I hope that this time you might have more time to enjoy the offering of the Executive Lounge!

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

glasgow
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, location is excellent just a short walk from Tower Bridge and London Bridge Tube/Train station (direct train to and from Gatwick) PLenty of shops/cafes/restaurants on the same street so we were never stuck for food and drink. Hotel let us check in early as our flight got in first thing in the morning and also stored our bags the day we left. Was very happy with room, no noise etc at night time. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
RasaKarlsone, PA to General Manager at Hilton London Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear rachelh3826,

First of all, a big thanks for taking the time to post your feedback!

I am happy to know that you appreciated the location of the hotel. It is indeed, very close to the station with easy access to the city centre, and there are many local restaurant and bar options to choose form. It was also a pleasure to read your positive comments about the efficiency of our staff and comfort of the rooms.

We truly value your feedback, and are thrilled to know that you would definitely stay with us again!

Thank you once again!

Rasa
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here after a 3 week vacation in Egypt . I decided to stop off in London for 2 days to break up my flight time back to the states. Anyway I picked this hotel because it had good reviews on tripadvisor , and also I have always been pretty loyal to the Hilton chain .
I was greeted by the friendly staff , and I had a super quick check in. My bags were delivered to my room very swiftly .
They warned me upon check in that they were out of rooms, and put me In a wheelchair accessible room. I wasn't very happy about that. They told me I could switch rooms the next day , but I didn't even bother with that because this was the 5th hotel I had stayed at on my vacation. I was just too exhausted to try and pack everything up again.
The room was nice , but because I was in a wheelchair accessible room , I just couldn't get the hang of the shower. I just didn't feel right in there .
I ended up going down to the bar to have a drink before stepping out to explore London. I met a very friendly bartender name Zdenko, who was very helpful with any question I had about London. He was great , I actually stayed at the bar a little longer just to chat. I felt very comfortable there.
The breakfast buffet was good , and the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and chatty .
I definitely recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear LacySpikes,

Thank you for your time taken to share your experience with us! It was a joy to read such a detailed and truly interesting description. We are so happy to hear about your loyalty to the Hilton chain, and hope that your stay with us has only strengthened it.

We are delighted that you noted the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. We strive to make the hotel experience as effortless and comfortable to our guests as possible, therefore, your comments are truly appreciated.

I am, however, sorry that you were allocated an accessible room due to the high occupancy. On a different note, it is wonderful to know that Zdenko has been able to contribute to your pleasant evening in the bar. Rest assured that I will forward your comments to him and the team.

Once again a big thank you for your review and for recommending us! I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again!

Rasa