“Relaxing activity after a long day”
Review of Curzon Soho

Ranked #105 of 359 Fun & Games in London
Manila, Manila, Philippines
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Relaxing activity after a long day”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We went here to experience watching a film in London. Additionally, since it was one of the attractions that are open late at night with a London pass. We watched an Italian film, but unfortunately, because we couldn't understand the language, I slept through some parts of the movie (but it was subtitled).

The place is cozy and and a place you can relax after a long day of activity in London. At the lounge there is a bar where you can grab a few drinks before ending the night.

Visited October 2013

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Stranger in the park”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Went to see this French film, which was brilliantly played out and left me wanting to know what happened! Although the sex scenes were explicit, it fitted the storyline. Although why anyone would want to sunbathe on a stoney beach with strong winds is beyond me! Well acted and atmospheric.
Before the cinema went for tea and cake in the foyer provided by Konditor and Cook - coffee and walnut was good.
Very buzzy and busy cinema well worth a visit for good European film.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank stewart2726
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wolf of Wall Street”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It's a great cinema but the sound quality was badly balanced - really tinny/thin sound with a piercing volume. Surprising for this place.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank sjw75
Elyria, Ohio
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Nice Movie Theatre”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We went to the movies a couple of times while in London, both times here at the Curzon Soho which was close to Chinatown and our hotel.
They have three theatres, one large and two smaller, depending on popularity of screening and if you have a London Pass, the tickets are free!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank wamrazing
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Not cheap, but good film selection and comfortable seating”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were in Screen 2 to see Wadjda (highly recommended). The cinema has a good selection of foreign/arthouse films. I think some are also available on demand, but I haven't looked into that yet. As the previous reviewer has said, it is a little cold, but it's not too bad; certainly, my local cinema is much colder. The seats are incredibly comfortable and the bar area is great. At £8 for before 5pm on a weekday, it's not cheap (I think it might be £13.50 in the evening) but, the Prince Charles Cinema, which I went to last week, is the same price and it holds itself up as some kind of bargain and has terrible seating in comparison. I'll definitely be returning for films I can't find more cheaply elsewhere.

Visited August 2013