“Good if you need to stay near Ealing”
Review of Hotel 55

Hotel 55
Ranked #405 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Good if you need to stay near Ealing”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fine for a night or two and if you want to be near Ealing Broadway. North Ealing tube station is very close so convenient for going places.

The area is not the nicest but if you walk down to the Ealing Broadway area - there are nice restaurants and shops.

Beware the parking is very limited on site (room for 4 cars in total) so get there early!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed there with my son in the apartment in the back of the main hotel. It was perfect for us and very nice especially the garden view. Close to North Ealing metro station and there are shops not too far away. The best part was when we were leaving I asked if I could use the computer to look up train tickets. They said yes and then a man in the bar started helping me with tips for traveling around Europe and even got on his own laptop to look up fares for trains and hotels at the same time I was looking n their computer. He turned out later to be the hotel's owner! He was super nice! He gave us some good advice that a local would know and even said that if I ran into trouble to call the hotel. Not only was the room great, but they could not have been nicer! I will go back !

Room Tip: If you have a family, rent the apartment in back. It has a full kitchen and saves a lot if you walk...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
southampton
Reviewed 25 July 2013

i didnt know what to expect from this hotel but from the moment i arrived i have felt welcomed and looked after.
Tiberius on reception goes above and beond he is such a nice person, he remembers what you drink, what car you have in case it needs to be moved,your name very good member of staff.

the room was very comfortable i was in the back room over looking the garden, it was quiet, had a t.v, wifi, fridge and a very powerful shower and was really clean.

beautiful garden very peaceful and relaxing, really clean lovely hotel

The japenese food in the hotel was second to none !

I would highly recommend this hotel and when i return to london will be booking again.

Room Tip: back room over looking the beautiful garden
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Staffordshire, UK
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have stayed at Hotel 55 on two previous occasions and enjoyed the experience. The decor is modern, and the Nespresso machines in the rooms are a nice touch. However, during my two-night stay, I had several issues. Firstly, I could not park in the small car park this time. I'm aware that parking is 'on a first-come, first-served basis', however, I did book the room several months ago. A booking system for parking would be useful. The four parking spaces were taken and the receptionist told me to park around the corner at the station car park - but this was FULL! I ended up parking on the street (fortunately it was after 3pm - note that the street parking has a residents only restriction from 10-11am and 2-3pm). Annoyingly, when I returned to the hotel later that night, two further vehicles had been allowed to block in other cars - thus the car park held six vehicles. I hadn't been offered this option. Secondly, on my return to the hotel at 11.55pm, I walked in past the reception and straight upstairs - absolutely no security present. Therefore, anyone can walk, in at any time, guest or not. Night reception staff ignored me completely. Thirdly, on the last day, I was not offered either a cooked breakfast, or even tea or coffee. Lastly, the room had clearly been vacuumed in a rush as there was a hairband, a bracelet, and plenty of dust on the floor. Needless to say, I'll be booking alternative accommodation on my next stay in West London.

Room Tip: Cozy rooms are extremely small. I have previously staying in a much more comfortable garden room.
3 Thank citybreakconnoisseur
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The hotel is very nice, bit modern, but cosy... I really liked the staff, especially Mike who just did everything for us, thank u very much !! The hotel is bit outside, but very near to the tube station so its absolutely no problem to get in the center.. just next to the hotel is a nice Dürüm place =) With great staff as well =) - we really liked it, and we love London =) - Cheers

Room Tip: We had 107, was perfect
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

At first i was worried about the location but i actually didnt have too many options arriving to my business trip in the middle of Wimbledon finals.... the surprise was great! A great WOW affect immediately as entering followed with a great smile of the receptionist Michel. Quick check in and a personal tour to my room which was more then lovely, clean and fair enough for. Single stay. Though I was a bit a skeptical for the location, it is actually not that far. 3 minutes walking from the hotel to the tube and 20-30 minutes to the center.
Breakfast was great, just perfect fresh and decisions with plenty of options.
Wifi was excellent .
The only minus was during the night, an arrival of a happy couple in 2:00 having...hmmm... Sex all night. The walls are not that great but at least they reminded me I have a good husband back home waiting for me as well...

I am sure to be back whenever I'm in London , just loved it!

P.s an excellent Italian restaurant la Toscana right near the hotel. Don't miss it!!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Mentorit
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Clean and comfortable. Complimentary toiltries in shower. Tea and coffee making facillites. Fridge with complimentary drinks. Tv iron andd hairdryer. Staff helpful. Continental breakfast but pricey.
Location ideal for wembley staduim. Taxi approx £15 used and prebooked zonecars who collected us over show. Nearest tube station a 2 min walk only takes 24 mins to get into centre of london. Few shops near by and an italian resturaunt. Hotel has a japanese resturaunt but never used, This hotel is ideal for short stay. Free wifi and computer downstairs, also has a 24 hr bar and reception. There is a car park but only room for about 4 cars.

Room Tip: room 104 small but very quiet