“lovely hotel but VERY small rooms”
Review of Hotel 55

Hotel 55
Ranked #443 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed in hotel 55 on the weekend.. we stayed there as we were going to a concert at Wembley stadium and it was easier than travelling back to brighton! The hotel cost £100 a night. when we arrived (it was easy to get too with bus stops right outside, and was about 25 mins bus ride to wembley) initial impressions were the hotel looked trendy, veryclean and tidy and smart. the man on reception was helpful and polite. the whole hotel has nice decor and very clean. It was very quiet with no one on the bar but im sure someone wouold have served if we had gone up.
The room however clean was very small. to the point you couldnt open the wardrobe door fully without it hitting the bed. you had to walk around the bed to get anywhere and it was very cramped with little storage space. the kettle and fridge are inside the wardrobe . it was basically like a bedsit size!
ok for a few nights but would be unbareable to stay for a holiday.

The bathroom was a reasonable size with large shower and they provide small bottle of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. "mini bar " is free.. which consists of (disapointingly) a can of coke, diet coke and 1 budweiser,

lovely garden and seating area, and generally a lovely hotel.

would i stay again? yes if it was cheaper. and if i was going to wembley. no because it is not really near any night life or restaurants and the room was just SO small its only £100 because its in london. excellant service and clenliness however.. we asked for more teabags and milk and the man was happy to help and helped us with direcetions and bus timetables.

Room Tip: unsure if there are rooms a larger size but we booked a double room and was tiny.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel 55

Reviewed 25 August 2013

What a great hotel to stay if you want to visit London!!
My sister and brother-in-law came to spend a few days, with my partner and I, from Spain. We decided to spent a couple of days in London and the fact of booking a couple of hotel rooms was very hard for me due to previous bad experiencies in London Hotels.
But we all agreed that Hotel 55 ticked all the boxes and every box!!!
Cleanliness is my priority and this hotel is spot on, honestly. From bedroom, bathroom, public areas and breakfast service...We were really impressed.
The location of the hotel is great. Just 20 mins. to the centre by tube. One piece of advise, please get an Oyster Card because you can save some money in travelling.
And finally, I would like to make a special mention: Tiberius at reception desk, he is a great person, extremly helpful, polite, kind and he can speak perfect Spanish!!! (which was very helpful for my sister). Thanks Tiberius for your attention to detail, you make our stay very comfortable.

Room Tip: Room with garden view are nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel recently when visiting London and I can honestly say it was a very enjoyable stay.

We booked originally because we were looking for somewhere that wasn't going to break the bank (finding a cheap hotel in London in the middle of summer is not as easy as it may sound).

The hotel is quite a way out of the main tourist area of London itself but is literally a 2 minute walk from North Ealing tube station which makes everything accessible.

We booked a double room with a garden view which was very nice. The room is decorated to a high standard and has a modern feel. I was impressed by the complimentary bottles of water in the room and also the note in the guest compendium to say that if you want any more then all you have to do is just ask.

The room had everything in it that we needed and also had a Nespresso machine (something I had never used but am subsequently going to go and buy).

The only one downside for the entire stay (this is a minor one) is that the reception area is quite dark and could possibly use some brighter lighting.

The breakfast was continental but there was the offer of a cooked breakfast should you wish to have one.

Would certainly stay again.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Staff are very accommodating, we travelled down from scotland through the night to miss the traffic and we arrived at 8:30am, we were able to get into a room by 9:30am as soon as it was cleaned after previous guest even though check in should have been 2pm! Beds are super comfy and love the fluffy pillows and extra cushions! (I always feel hotels don't give you enough or horrible flat pillows!) shower is powerful and toiletries are supplied :)
We had a meal in the Japanese Momo restaurant which was lovely! We had a lovely stay here and would defo come back if we were visiting London again! Xx

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fine for a night or two and if you want to be near Ealing Broadway. North Ealing tube station is very close so convenient for going places.

The area is not the nicest but if you walk down to the Ealing Broadway area - there are nice restaurants and shops.

Beware the parking is very limited on site (room for 4 cars in total) so get there early!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed there with my son in the apartment in the back of the main hotel. It was perfect for us and very nice especially the garden view. Close to North Ealing metro station and there are shops not too far away. The best part was when we were leaving I asked if I could use the computer to look up train tickets. They said yes and then a man in the bar started helping me with tips for traveling around Europe and even got on his own laptop to look up fares for trains and hotels at the same time I was looking n their computer. He turned out later to be the hotel's owner! He was super nice! He gave us some good advice that a local would know and even said that if I ran into trouble to call the hotel. Not only was the room great, but they could not have been nicer! I will go back !

Room Tip: If you have a family, rent the apartment in back. It has a full kitchen and saves a lot if you walk...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

i didnt know what to expect from this hotel but from the moment i arrived i have felt welcomed and looked after.
Tiberius on reception goes above and beond he is such a nice person, he remembers what you drink, what car you have in case it needs to be moved,your name very good member of staff.

the room was very comfortable i was in the back room over looking the garden, it was quiet, had a t.v, wifi, fridge and a very powerful shower and was really clean.

beautiful garden very peaceful and relaxing, really clean lovely hotel

The japenese food in the hotel was second to none !

I would highly recommend this hotel and when i return to london will be booking again.

Room Tip: back room over looking the beautiful garden
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business