“Compact”

Ranked #416 of 1,063 Hotels in London
UK
“Compact”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We made our booking direct with the Hotel & having read previous reviews we requested a garden view room. There was still an average amount of road noise but for the position in which the hotel is in we found this acceptable. The hotel itself is very clean (I have stayed in 5* not as clean as this one!), the room which we had (206) was very compact but perfectly adequate, staff were helpful & the breakfast was good. My only gripe would be the lack of parking at the hotel but as there is a pay & display car park at the tube station less than 5 minutes walk away this wasn't a major issue. All in all a very good experience.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunrayuk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Last minute booking at a very reasonable price, only about £20 dearer than the travel lodge, great staff very helpful. Such a shame it was such a short visit with an early start so we didn't get time to enjoy breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nickymain88
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at hotel 55, last week in October 2013. We still remember it well! All I can say is, this hotel is very overrated for the price of the rooms. The modern design of the waiting/reception area as well as the dining area is definitely the selling point. However the actual room we got given was very claustrophobic and pretty basic. The negative aspects of our stay was down to the customer service. The receptionist seemed very abrupt and he didn't seem interested in our stay. We had to pay before being shown to our room which I felt was a bit pushy to getting our money. There was a fire alarm that went off on the day we was leaving at around 7am which woke us both as well as other people in the rooms, we rushed to get dressed and find out what had happened, a colleague of the hotel was stood in the corridor looking confused. We asked whether its a false alarm/do we have to vacate the building he said I don't know and just walked off. Then also when bringing this up to the receptionist we got no apology or a simple 'how was your stay'. All in all for £118 for one night, we felt the price didn't suit the room and quality of our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah W
Kellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking, what drew me towards this place was the free parking - disappointed that it only fitted 6 cars that were crammed in. Took me an hour to find a parking space on the street then I worried about my car security. The hotel itself is spotless, the rooms large and modern. No creamer for the coffee so I had a black one and hit Mcdonalds for breakfast.
The Japanese Resturant is excellent, a little pricey but the food was top nosh,, first time having sushi as a full meal and I can honestly say I was blown away.
For the cost if the room £100+ I would have expected breakfast to be included, the receptionist seemed proud to tell me there was free tap water - cheers for that :-)
I was assured that it was a quiet room, apart from the constant traffic noise which could be heard all night then guests checking out from 6am onwards it would have been. Still I suppose if I'd have been staying there for two nights I would have slept better out of sheer exhaustion. All in all a lovely hotel would highly recommend but next time I will make sure that....
A) there's creamer available before I strip naked.
B) I find a parking space well in advance.
C) Bring ear plugs

Brilliant facilities by the way, shower , bed, fresh and clean ... Super job and congrats. I will stay again but perhaps when there is a better deal on - ever considered NHS discount ?

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great hotel, we (young couple) stayed here in August for a birthday celebration, and were very happy with a small, reasonably priced, luxury hotel.
As sushi lovers it was a lovely surprise to see this hotel was teamed with a Japanese restaurant.
Very close proximity to a few different tube stations, one with NCP parking at a very reasonable price (there are 4 free parking spaces at the hotel but we never saw a free space in our whole stay).
Great little find and would definitely stay here again, our only quarrel was booking a garden view room, but the view was only really of a conservatory in the garden! Other than that would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hotel 55 is small but very good especially if you are in London for a few days' business. The staff are efficient, knowledgeable and very helpful. The rooms are very good with everything you need and they are clean and contemporary. Easy access to London with a tube nearby and key roads. Lots of parking available around the corner. The hotel has a Japanese restaurant at night, but there is a pub nearby and restaurants. I found it very pleasant and delightfully chilled.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This Hotel is a great find, the location is perfect for visiting London, we (couple) drove and came in from the M4 which was so easy. The Hotel has free parking (4 spaces out front) and there is an NCP just around the back (200m) which only costs £4 a day!!! I think it's £2 at weekends! The NCP car park is right next to Ealing North Tube station which can take you into London, we had to go to London Bridge and it took about 35 mins with a change. On arrival the reception (who couldn't be more helpful) upgraded us to the Garden room, which as the name suggests is at the bottom of the garden, you have to go outside again to get there but it's worth it, it was so quite and had a kitchen and living area, the bed and pillows were amazing so we slept really well. So in summary if you are looking for an Hotel with Free or cheap parking which is easy to get to, has good access to London and you can get a good nights sleep in, then i recommend you give this a go!!Thanks Hotel 55 - Adam Sims

Room Tip: The Garden room is real quiet and has great facilities.