“My wonderful and caring family”

Mandalay Picton House Hotel
Ranked #244 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Egypt
“My wonderful and caring family”
Reviewed 7 January 2011

It was not the first time for me to stay at Manadalay
Picton house hotel. I have stayed there each time I visited London either when I went alone or when I went with my mother and sister (around 11 times in 6 years-since 2005). I believe the main reason is that they made London my home. All members of mandalay family excel in delivering the hotel service to customers; making you feel at home in a friendly, caring, cozy and warm atmosphere. They do not hesitate to offer help and sincere guidance in all aspects of an exciting and enjoyable visit. They usually reserve a taxi to drive me to hotel and to the airport with a fair and punctual way. Mandalay family provide distinguished service which is really exceeding customers' expectations therefore it is a wonderful experience that yields delight. They are my family and main drive for returning back to London.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Staying Mandalay Picton House Hotel gives a whole new meaning to the word "hospitality". From the moment you walk in the door you feel very welcome and taken care of. I have travelled quite a lot, and i must say I have rearly experienced better service. At least not to the same tariff as at the Mandalay. The staff is extremely friendly and helps you with almost everything!

The rooms are quite small, but when you are in London you don't want to spend your time in a hotel room, you want to see the city!!

Thank you for a very plesant stay!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank afb1990
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We stayed in this hotel for six nights. Gary and Dwight, the owners of the House, were so nice and friendly.

Every night when we got back, we must be greeted by Gary with a great smile, asking us "how are you? Good today?" Feeling so warm and welcomed. He tried to help us in every way, taught us the transportation around London and to Heathow. He even helped us to send emails to another guesthouse we had booked and arranged flights check-in before our leave. It was not a big problem even they had no wi-fi or internet.

The room is standard, with big breakfast every day which can make you so full all day. The hotel itself is very near the Tube or Station and very easy to find.

The rate is reasonable and they don't ask for any credit card or deposit when booking. You will be assured to have an enjoyable and safe stay in Mandalay and we would not dare to recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Excellent location from Paddington Station. We arrived from Paris and made to feel at home immediately. Gary and Dwight were wonderful hosts, meeting all our needs and assisting us in any way possible. The accommodations were perfect, clean and efficient. They accommodated us especially well on our last day, allowing us to keep our luggage in the main foyer, which permitted us to tour for the rest of the day until our taxi arrived later in the evening. Gary arranged for the taxi too which took us to our hotel near the Gatwick Airport. We felt safe, welcomed, and greatly appreciated their care and concern...a special gift when travelling in a foreign country. We will tell all our Canadian friends to consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2011

When going to London with my teen age son, we have always stayed at this hotel. Every time it has been a very nice experience. The hosts do everything to make you feel at home at their B&B.

I have recommended friends to stay there, and they tell me they have the same impression as I do.

The hotel is 5 min walk to Paddington station which means it easy to travel around London from here, and if your plane arrives at Heatrow you just take a train to Paddington, and walk to Mandalay Picton hotel. The area is quite enough to get a good night sleep and nice enough to walk around in at night for something to eat, or in the day time you should look for bargains in some of the shops near by, shoes etc.

And which hotel in general will let you book a room and not require your credt card number in advance?

Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Kaja123
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Found the Hotel listed on the internet and chose it because it was near the tube and Hyde Park. We arrived early in the morning and were allowed to check in early. We had booked tickets to a show the first night and Gary whipped out a map and drew our route to the theater on it. We spent the next 4 nights there and enjoyed it all. We checked out and then the snow began to fall. We made it to the airport only to be sent back to a different hotel in London by the airline. We spent one night in the other hotel and then I decided that if I was going to be stuck in London that I wanted to be in a place more hospitable then some big sterile hotel. I called the Mandalay and they said they had a room so we made our way back. We spent 4 more nights in the Mandalay and every day was nice and warm and comfortable. They even helped us get tickets on the ferry out of England so we could make it home in time for Christmas. My daughter is already planning on returning there in the summer. oh....and the food at the restaurant is wonderful as well! Order the coconut chicken dish!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Utilised trip advisor to find this hotel in a very central yet peaceful area only 2 min from Paddington tube station and 10 - 15 min walk to Oxford Street. Cannot fault service always very warm and genuinely caring. Good breakfast, fresh towels daily. For the price the facilities are excellent, would recommend!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple