The Hoxton, Shoreditch
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
4,963 results
All reviewsbreakfast bagpaper bagold street tube stationyogurtfresh milk in the fridgegreat hotelcool hotelbrick lanefree wifispitalfields marketgreat showerlittle touchesrooms are smallcomfy bedhotel barquiet roomtea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The no ton although not central is 5 mins walk from the tube which takes you to central London in 10 mins. The hotel is modern clean and well presented. The staff were very helpful and polite. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Loved the decor at the Hoxton; public areas, room, etc. The bathroom was well set out with plenty of space to put towels and toiletries (sometimes forgotten in hotel bathrooms). The location is good with bars, cafes and restaurants nearby. The Old St tube is close as well. The downside I felt was the staff (specifically reception staff) who were so cool as to be frosty. They were not friendly, welcoming or helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Our first trip - and won't be the last. Convenient location, price just about right (might have expected breakfast thrown in for £99), great staff, top restaurant attached. And most important, quiet at night, even though it was a Friday. Nice feel about the public areas during the day, with a few families, and a buzz at night with the trendies.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Opted for the Hoxton as I'd heard about it through the £1 publicity. Wasn't able to get a room during that promotion however through emailing them they offered me a room at £29, result! It's really easy to find off of Old Street Station. The reception is really trendy, and the staff were very attentive. We did have an issue checking in, as when we arrived at our room it hadn't been cleaned. However when we went to reception they were very apologetic and instantly offered us another room. The room we arrived in was spotless, the beds were comfy, the free water and soaps, just perfect!

We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs, whilst there me and my partner spotted So Solid Crew and TV presenters dining next to us, all very exciting!

Later that night (having come back from a gig, the reason being in London) my boyfriend and I were looking to grab some fast food as the restaurant was closed. Despite there being a large selection of retailers nearby we weren't sure where to go, so having checked with reception they were great in advising us on a place, even placing the order and having the food delivered to our room.

ONE TIP! If you want to sit in reception/bar area and have a drink, BUY YOUR DRINKS AT RECEPTION! A can of coke is 40p, bottles of wine are £4.99 (lovely labels) and even champagne at a tenner, whereas sitting at the bar a coke will cost you £3, and you're sitting in the exact same space in reception, so you might as well buy stuff like that at reception.

In all this is a fantastic hotel. I got a great bargain but the room is worth way more, and I'd be happy to pay that difference in the future.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shiftymilk
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I loved it and will always visit it if I'm in London.
Everything perfect, what can I say?? Best hotel ever. Thanx, Hoxton!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
TimothyGriffin, Operations Manager at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Hi paulaj,

Thanx to you for such great comments! We hope to see you and your family back at the Hoxton soon!

Kind regards,