“LOVED IT! Definitely returning!”

The Hoxton, Shoreditch
Ranked #94 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Having come back from a 2 week trip in Africa, and a 9 hour flight, I just wanted a comfortable night somewhere nice. Hoxton fitted it perfectly.

At a FAR cheaper price than comparable quality hotels (i.e Radisson Edwardian etc), Hoxton offers a fantastic value room. The sales make it better, if you are quick!

HUGE comfortable bed, free wifi, free Pret-A-Mange breakfast and a hot hot shower with plenty of towels. I looked for things to criticise in my stay, and the only thing I could find was that the aircon could have gone a little lower than 19C.. But that's picking threads!

The decor is spot on, quality furnishings and the on-the-go breakfast is a nice little touch.

Would, and already have, recommended this hotel to others!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This was certainly a surprise for me and my wife. We were not expecting to have a colorful hotel, with great service, nice rooms and at a price half of what we would normally pay in London. I had busiess in the City and a free weekend afterwards. This was definitely the place to stay. No gimmicks just a really good hotel for young and old.
Their restaurant was a cut above many others in the neighborhood and with fair prices.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My boyfriend and I spent 4 nights at the Hoxton and we just loved it! The room was comfortable and the free breakfast delivery (without being disturbed) was a great way to start each day. The bar/restaurant was a great place to come home to each night when a lot of London closed fairly early. The food and drinks were great and very reasonably priced! We also had super easy access to the Tube and anything else we needed. If we go back to London, we'll absolutely stay here again.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Had a great stay here after visiting London for a festival. Rooms are excellent, modern and styled nicely. Shower was particularly good and if you leave your Pret bag from the room outside they leave a nice mini breakfast to get you started for the day.

Food was nice down in the Grill and the bar is quite happening at weekend. Beers were good price but wines and spirits were a little dear though this may just be London prices.

At busy times it can take a bit to get served at the bar, mainly bacause the barmen take there time serving the drinks properly. Perhaps a little too long but waiters and staff are around to take drink orders away from the bar for a small service charge which we found was quicker and worth it. I'm sure weekday and Sunday the service is very good.

Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I must say it was a very nice hotel to stay in - staff attitude was A1 with everything. We bought smell cheese in Borough Market - we asked could we eat it there, they said of course and went to get us plates! Rooms are very hip and groovy - huge shower heads. Rooms bit small and my one criticism - nowhere really to put your luggage.

Restaurant is great - prices good for set lunch and at night the foyer becomes a very happening bar with a DJ - put not in a loud way.

And free wifi that really works

Reviewed 18 July 2011

My partner and I stayed in the Hoxton Hotel for our anniversary, and I really enjoyed our stay.
Checkin was easy and quick with no shortage of staff on the desk. After hearing that I had stayed there before, we were asked whether there was anything that we needed our memory refreshed on, and provided with suggestions for the local area.
The rooms are a reasonable size, with the most comfortable bed that I've slept in for a long time. Nice toiletries, and the Pears soap to take home was a nice touch!
The "breakfast in a bag" was fine(although only one was delivered rather than the two we had indicated on the bag) Not that it mattered too much - being a lazy Sunday we also opted for brunch in the Hoxton Grill below, which was absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
TimothyGriffin, Operations Manager at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Hi goinginsane,

Thank you for taking the time to write - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our beds comfortable. We get them from Hypnos ('the most comfortable beds in the world'), as does the Queen - so they must be good!

Hope to see you back again soon,

Timothy and the Hox Team

P.S. Glad you got to enjoy the great brunch in the Hoxton Grill - but we promise next time to give you two of the free Pret breakfast bags!

Timothy

Reviewed 18 July 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here on a recent visit to London for Lovebox music festival and some shopping! It has a brilliant location for anyone into vintage, just a short walk from brick lane and Spitalfields Market. The staff and service is second to none 1st class! We would definitely stay here again.