“STILL THE BEST VALUE IN LONDON”

The Hoxton, Shoreditch
Ranked #95 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stay here around 20 nights a year and love it. Great staff; great bonus of water/milk and free breakfast pack. But still worth walking to ALBION for best scrambled eggs in London etc Computers in lobby are great (we don't all lug laptops on holiday) and bar is 'banging'. Fun area beats West End any day (and we are over 50 not clubbers) and 55 bus gets you there if you need to (243 to Waterloo useful too and 135 to Canary Wharf if that suits you). The friendly, helpful staff are a credit to the management. Book on their own website.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gurneyfan
Write a ReviewReviews (4,869)

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I managed to get a room here in the £29 sale, so I would have been content with anything for that price. The hotel felt like it was in a dodgy and scruffy part of London. When I arrived in the evening on the walk from the tube station there were strange characters around nearby the hotel, one of whom made an unpleasant approach to me, so I was glad to get in the doors of the hotel. Check in was instant and friendly and the atmosphere on the ground floor was extremely lively, busy and noisy. The room itself was quiet, an average size, and with a comfortable double bed. The decor was self-conscious trendy with some bare concrete and arty displays. The best part of the room was the lovely glossy tiled bathroom. I took away my big bar of 'Pears' soap the next day! The breakfast in a bag is an interesting idea, but I thought that eating in your room could be a little anti-social if you were staying there with a group. Maybe most of their guests are staying on their own, or in a couple, so are happy to eat in their rooms. It's a bargain place to stay if you can get a sale room, and the location did not look as bad in the daylight the next morning.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Craig A
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Just what we are looking for (price, look, location)...Bravi

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Wanted to stay somewhere hip for a weekend in town. Was a perfect location and a very relaxed vibe.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I travel to London frequently for business and have been trying different hotels in search of one that I could depend on and just "speed dial" when I am coming to town. I think the Hox is one of those for me. Great room, Great staff, breakfast, wifi... Food and drink downstairs. For me, it happens to be very near most of the things I like/want to do. The underground is very near by for everything else. It is on a street that is kind of busy - which is bad, but it means you have lots of busses and taxi options. Looking forward to my next Hox stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JDBurke2k
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This hotel was a really great deal in a perfect location-close to Spitalfields Market (super fun to walk around) and also Brick Lane and a tube station. We checked out long before the breakfast was delivered but the guy at the desk ran and grabbed a bag each for my mom and I to take on our train. Really thoughtful staff and lovely room and shower, I felt as if I should pay more as we were leaving.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kimyvin
Reviewed 22 July 2011

It´s not really cheap but attractively priced by London standards for what you get if you make your fixed booking early enough (no refund)
The bed and bath as well as towels etc are just perfect for a good stay
The downstairs bar & grille seems a bit noisy but I didn`t hear it in my room and was happy to get a last drink by the open fire when returning at night
Service staff are always helpful
I will come again