“Unusually quiet because of the Olympics”

The Hoxton, Shoreditch
Ranked #107 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Doncaster
“Unusually quiet because of the Olympics”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed at the Hoxton right at the end of July as I had been offered rooms at a good price. The hotel as usual was excellent but suprisingly quiet , especially on the Monday when the reception/bar/restaurant area which is normally buzzing was almost empty. I ate down there both nights and the food was excellent as usual. Rooms were immaculate, I still don't like the corridors which always remind me of a hotel where building work is on going but overall this is one of the best places I have stayed in London.

Room Tip: All the rooms I ave stayed in are good though some overlook the central open air bit of the restaura...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Mu husband and I stayed at the Hoxton Hotel on Sunday night and were so impressed with the well designed bedroom.The room was quite funky and so well thought out. Beautiful curtains that pulled across easily, funky cushions on the bed,great coffee satchets instead of the usual instant granules in a packet that one struggles to open. We loved the decor depicting London Bridge on the wall. Electric points where they were needed and my husband loved the rain forest shower in the bathroom.We shall definetly return. I must not forget the very pleasant and helpful staff on reception. All in all a great stay. Wendy Taylor

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

A great hotel for the money.

Good location under a 5 min walk to old street tube station.

The best thing about the hotel is the bar and restaurant, it has a really good atmosphere.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable and well finished. Great shower!!

Would defo stay again!

ilkley
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Arrived early but lovely receptionist checked us in. Funky hallways, nice rooms, free WiFi. Nice breakfast bag, meals good value, fridge for personal use. Really nice friendly staff, they actually came across as genuinely pleased to help you, and there is a sense of humour about the place that is very welcoming.

Hoxton is a buzzing area full of trendy places to eat, shop and hang out. The hotel's own guide to local places of interest and for shopping, eating, and drinking is great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Ulm
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Great overall hotel, lots of unique concepts that makes this place stand out such as: free small breakfast to jump start your day, free water in the minibar, free milk in minibar for your cup of tea, 1 hour of free calls per day and finally clever signs and quirky displays everywhere to make you laugh and show their genuine efforts to make the hotel a pleasant place to stay. Great lounge and restaurant, even if the nightly crowd is full of east london hipsters that us visitors could only hope to be as cool as. Nice location if you want to check out East London, so much to do and see in the vicinity. Only 10 minute walk from Liverpool Street station so great if you are coming in on the Stansted Express like us.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We started a 3-week trip off in London at the Hoxton. It was a great base and the Old Street station was a quick walk away. The first day we were so jet lagged, we just wandered around the area and tried out a few pubs. Lots of options (as expected in London, I guess!).

We ate in the bar/restaurant and had a great meal and good service. Room was small, but perfect for two and well-designed. Loved the yogurt pot and other breakfast goodies (also started a love affair with Pret a Manger and their yogurt pots after visiting the Hoxton). Also appreciated the free wi-fi, being able to call back to the US for FREE and being able to use a computer when needed.

Watching the Olympics is making me want to visit London, and the Hoxton, all over again. Next time I hope to get one of the £1 rooms!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Fantastic business stay! I admit I didn't have high expectations...but I was definitely impressed. Rooms are well laid out given the size. Wifi worked without issue. The breakfast bag was a great treat since I'm usually out the door before I can order. The lobby was perfect; large tables to spread out some and talk with colleagues, smaller nooks for me to get out of my room but still have a place to work. Overall a very urban comfy feel. I appreciated the honest reviews from the staff of interesting spots to visit. I also have to note that I was in town the week leading up to the Olympics and while an event was loading in I did not at feel inconvenienced. We are looking forward to our next stay in October.

Room Tip: I'm a New Yorker so too quiet I can't sleep...I prefer a room facing Great Eastern. The roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business