“Excellent value for money and great service”

The Hoxton, Shoreditch
Ranked #106 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Singapore
“Excellent value for money and great service”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had booked the Hoxton Hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed. I was given a quieter room on the 5th floor as requested and the General Manager had left a hand written note wishing me a happy birthday and 2 birthday balloons which was a lovely touch. The free wi fi and calls to land lines plus the free healthy breakfast and papers are all much appreciated added extras. The service on the whole was great (the bar manager went out of his way to get me a champagne bucket for the peonies I had bought at the flower market) and the food in the Hoxton Grlll downstairs was very good. The location is fab and the rooms are small but perfectly kitted out, clean and the beds are very comfortable. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room choose a higher level
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HayleighPopplewell, HoxGang at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Great service and value for money are what we are about. We love to add in the little extras - free wifi, breakfast bag delivered to your door, an hour of free phone calls per day and lobby shop at high street prices.
See you next time!
Hayleigh@theHox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed at the Hoxton for two nights. Its well situated near to Shoreditch which has a really cool feel to it. Definitely worth a visit.
The hotel was spotless and the room was a nice size. Lots of cool touches. What was particularly noticeable however was the friendliness of all the staff. Were all genuinely helpful throughout.
The dining room, the grill at the hoxton is a bit noisy, not necessarily a bad thing as it has a good buzz maybe just not the place for a very quiet meal. That said the food was excellent.
All in all a really good experience. I dont hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013
Hi Stewart - thank you for your review and particularly for pointing out the friendliness of the staff - we are ever so lucky to have such a great team @ the Hox! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The room is nice and the bathroom is nice but there are no drawers or shelves where to put your stuff . No real breakfst just a banana and yoghurt which is really disppointing !!!
To much noise in the hall, at night it is really impossibile to speak since there are shouting people enjoying cocktails and drinks.
Hoped much better for the price you pay.

Room Tip: nothing to add
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Many thanks for leaving a review - we are pleased to hear you liked the decor of the rooms and bathrooms but sorry that we seem to have fallen below par on other aspects. We do deliver a lite breakfast to the rooms, free of charge, but all sorts of other delicious delights are available in The Hoxton Grill throughout the day or we can deliver to the rooms - check out the menu online! We are passionate about providing value for money so perhaps you could contact me at hayleigh@thehox.com
Maidstone
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I took my boyfriend to this hotel on the 17th May 2013 for his 30th Birthday. I picked it due to its location, being near to where we needed to be for dinner.
The price of the room was so good for a london hotel. The room was the perfect size and the bed was really comfertable. The best nights sleep I have had for a long time! The shower was also really nice.
We only spent a small amount of time in the hotel as we were out alot, but the time we did spend was great.
Service was brilliant and staff couldnt do enough for you.
I will defenitly be reccommending this to friends and family

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Abbey
Sounds like you had a fab trip! We must agree - the showers are great and the beds are so comfortable! We are so proud to have such friendly and helpful staff too!
Thanks for recommending us and hope to see you again!
Finland
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Spent couple of nights in Hoxton Hotel in May 2013 on a business trip to Shoreditch, London.

The hotel was clean and with nice contemporary decor. Nice long bar in the lobby, which was always busy with local, trendy business people sipping their drinks and latte's after -or during- the work day. Just a short walk to The City and to Old Street Station.

Only in-room breakfast option was included with the room, breakfast in the lobby bar was about 20 gbp...

Remommend,

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the yard, quiet!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for recommending us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My friends and I had been traveling through Europe for a week or so before we stayed at the Hoxton Hotel our last night in Europe. The hotel was wonderful, very modern, and located within walking distance of the underground (which we took to the airport). The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again on my next visit to London!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank njweee
Thanks for choosing us to end your trip around Europe and great to hear it was a happy ending!
Looking forward to your return!
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This was my fourth visit and probably last - I have always enjoyed my stays but this time I unfortunately left my hair straightners in my room.I phoned the hotel as soon I realised and asked if I could pay the postage to have them sent to me only to be told nothing had been handed in to lost property. Someone is very dishonest - so my advice to anyone staying at the Hoxton is double check your room when leaving and don't rely on anyone to be honest and hand your property in !!!

• Stayed May 2013