“Hoxton-Shoreditch tickled me”

Ranked #109 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Cairo, Egypt
“Hoxton-Shoreditch tickled me”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

If you like suave-hipster-esque venues, then this is the place for you.
Lovely interiors and amusing interiors, I simply loved how at home I felt at the Hox.

It's a few minutes away from Shoreditch House, which was convenient. Rooms were super clean and comfortable and the front desk should win a congeniality award for being uber chic, friendly and helpful.

Free fresh milk and water at all times, cute little breakfast bags and the food is delicious!
Will definitely book again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hox_Team, Hox_Team at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
We can't wait until you book again ;-) Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share the love. Hope to see you real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
west midlands
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Having previously stayed here with my daughter I chose this fab hotel for a two day stay in London with a friend. I had requested the Hoxton Manor room we were not dissappointed. The room was brilliant . The bed was extremely comfortable. A lovely hot shower with toiletries. Free milk, water and coffee. The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful. We came back from eating out and enjoyed drinks in the ba and people watching. All in all a very good stay in London will definately stay again ... Thank you x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
No thank you! Thanks for sharing your review and the kind words! Great to hear you liked the room and would come back again. We will definitely have you back.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Extremely trendy, imagine the W Hotel and step it up a notch on the cool-o-meter. My room was on the small side but it welcomed me with smooth jazz as I opened the door and insert my card. Breakfast is not included, although they have a breakfast bag (a brown bag with a banana, yogurt and orange juice) that hits the spot until lunch. Free water and milk, and cool cosmetics in the bathroom. Closet is uber small. Not cheap, but cheaper than your average London hotel because it's a bit off the beating path: 20 minutes away on Tube from anywhere, but it's a short walk to the station. The bad thing is that the party in the lobby at night is very loud and since I was on the first floor, I could hear the thump thump. Regardless, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor unless you like to party in your room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Fabulous service, great staff. Checked us in 2hrs before official check in. Good food and drink (London prices!) and lovely comfortable rooms. Great location. Rooms are small, but not uncomfortably so - you could definitely swing a cat. No noise from downstairs bar or restaurant. Buzzy atmosphere. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
That's pretty excellent that you think we are excellent! Thank you for taking the time to share the love. Hope to have you in the house again real soon!
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel Sunday 4th May to Monday 5th May (Bank Holiday) with my wife. First time stay at the hotel although we had eaten their previously.

Hotel ambiance was great and staff were very welcoming. Rooms were comfortable and functional.

We were asked at reception if this was the first time we had stayed in the hotel and were given room 125......(maybe they didn't want us to stay there again)!

Our friends arrived and checked in 10minutes later and were given rooms on the 6th floor (lucky them)!

On return to the hotel at approx. 2am on Monday morning I was staggered to find that residents could not order a drink....no explanation given just "we are shut"!!!

Worse still was the fact that we were woken up at 7:30AM and every 15minutes from there on in due to the fact that our room was directly above the service and loading area.......NOBODY TOLD US THAT WHEN WE CHECKED IN!!!

From staff entering and leaving the area what seemed like every minute, lorries loading/unloading deliveries such as linen on metal trollies etc, bottle drink bins being emptied, staff shouting, from 7:30 I can list every job carried out in that service area........

to top things off, when I complained when checking out, all I got from the front desk was a wry smile?? and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, I'll make sure your complaint is passed on to the relevant team!

Not heard anything since and probably don't expect too......Hoxton customer service is very poor just like my lie in on Monday!!

Room Tip: room 125 directly above service area - ask for another room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Ben S, Director of Operations at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi James S,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hoxton, sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the noise below your room.

I would love to discuss your stay further with you, please drop me a line at benjamin@thehox.com

Thanks

Ben
Rostock, Germany
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed again at the Hoxton Hotel in Shoreditch for a couple of days. It was still a good idea. We did like the new refurbished rooms, the wooden floors brought some additional style to them. The service was still excellent, the bed approved by HM. The towels were marvelous. Over all, it was a perfect stay at the Hoxton. We are missing you...

Room Tip: Try a room in the upper floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hoxcellent? We LOVE it! Thank you for taking the time to share the love, great to hear that you digged the refurb. Hope to have you in the house again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I don't like change. There, I said it. Whenever I stay away, I always feel homesick and never really relax. This is the first place I can say that when I stepped in my room, I just felt at ease straight away. It just felt comfortable. The decor is simple but elegant and modern. The food quality was excellent, actually delivered hot and not lukewarm. There was a mini drama; a glass of wine was dropped (and smashed) landing in and on the only pair of shoes that I brought with me. The hotel were very apologetic and agreed to pay for my taxi fees so I could hot foot it to a shoe shop to buy a second pair.
I'd make some adjustments though, the room air con was so noisy it sounded like starting up a motorbike (however I have to say the soundproofing from the street outside was excellent). Also, when I reported 'shoe-gate' to the front desk, the girls on the desk were fantastic but I did then get a 'it's not our budget, it's the restaurants budget' response from the duty manager. Not ideal when you just want someone to help you in sorting it all out. All sorted in the end though and the restaurant manager was understanding.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SuburbanSafari
Hox_Team, Hox_Team at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Great to hear that you felt at home in our home! Really sorry to hear about the wine and again great to hear it was resolved and you managed to find some new shoes. We do hope to have you in the house again soon. Thank you for taking the time to review.