The Hoxton, Shoreditch
US$126
US$93
Agoda.com
5,002 results
All reviewsbreakfast bagpaper bagold street tube stationyogurtfresh milk in the fridgegreat hotelcool hotelbrick lanefree wifispitalfields marketnorthern linegreat showerlittle touchesrooms are smallcomfy bedbars and restaurantshotel bar
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After a disappointing first stay a couple of months ago, we gave the Hoxton another try. After a busy day at Sandown race course, we arrived at the hotel late and very hungry! Check in was fast, friendly and we were soon in our room relaxing. Again rooms are small but clean and modern, nice bathroom with great shower! Although it was late on a Saturday night, the bar was buzzing but made no disturbance to us (we did have a room on the 5th floor) Room service was fast and food was really good, would recommend the burger and Mac N Cheese. We forgot to put the "go away" sign on the door and even though we had it locked, someone tried to come in 3 times, but still we had a nice relaxing night and lay in. Staff are friendly and it is a nice hotel in a busy location. Thanks to Ben for arranging our second stay, much more positive end.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hox_Team, Hox_Team at The Hoxton, Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Great to hear that you had a better stay this time round! Thank you for taking the time to share the love. Hope to have you in the house again soon for more snoozes and mac and cheese ;-)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had an extremely good experience in The Hoxton Hotel and will definitely be going back as I visit London regularly, so I'm always looking for great hotels in London. The hotel is located in Shoreditch which is a vibrant, trendy and cool area with a lot of street art, bars and restaurants. The hotel itself looks great inside out, I love the cool design choices in the lobby, the hallways and the rooms. There is a lot of space to hang out in the lobby and there is a nice restaurant and bar open till late - so you have everything you need under one roof.

The breakfast is included in the room and how it works is you have a brown paper bag waiting for you in the room. Then you just circle (on to the bag) if you want breakfast for 1 or 2 people and what time do you want it (6, 7, 8 or 9am) and they deliver it to your door! I thought that was a nice touch.

The staff is very helpful, polite and nice. My only problem with the hotel was that the internet was incredibly slow in my room - this is of course a big problem for me as I need to work, but I'm sure this is fixable and I already mentioned about it to the reception so hopefully it will be ok when I go back.

I truly recommend this hotel - my new favorite in London :)

Room Tip: Check out the hotel website for the room prizes as they often change - you can find a pretty good deal if you have the luxury to choose your dates.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great location, 5 mins from old street tube, loads of great pubs nearby around Shoreditch. Start in the hotel's bar then head along to the old blue last & go from there.
Clean, well designed rooms and fantastic bathroom & power showers.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for sharing the love! Great to hear you like the hotel and the bar - hopefully you tried the cocktails too? Hope to have you in the house again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Love his hotel. Shoreditch is a cool trendy area of London (think East village) and I would definitely stay in this area again. When you walk into the lobby you can tell at once you picked a good spot. A cool, stylish restaurant and bar filled with cool, stylish people greets you. The rooms are well designed with unique touches and really spacious, which is a treat in London. See my other reviews of hotels in London and you will know what I mean. Huge window, could be a bit loud but I always had the window wide open because I don't mind street noise. The rates vary a LOT night to night (79£ to 300£ from one night I next) so best advise is to book in advance. I've had real bad hotels in London for 400$ a night, so I really can't see myself ever staying anywhere but the Hoxton on return trips to London.

• Stayed: May 2014

Well isn't that nice? Can't see yourself staying anywhere else? Well we are privileged. Thank you for taking the time to write kind words about us. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my second stay at the Hoxton hotel. I was not disappointed. The rooms are small, like all but the most expensive hotels in London, but really well designed with nice touches like great connections from your mobile to play music. The beds are really comfortable as well. The hotel is really well designed and the standard of service great from reception. There are lots of nice but interesting little design features in the corridors and lobbies. The bar serves great cocktails and has lovely comfortable chairs and loungers.

The hotel is also within easy walking distance of Shoreditch and Brick Lane which have great places to eat and drink. Outstanding value!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review, great to hear that you liked the hotel and made the most of the bar and the killer cocktails. Hope too see you in the house again real soon.