The Hoxton, Shoreditch
US$213
US$188
galahotels.com
5,002 results
All reviewsbreakfast bagpaper bagold street tube stationyogurtfresh milk in the fridgegreat hotelcool hotelbrick lanefree wifispitalfields marketgreat showerlittle touchesrooms are smallcomfy bedhotel barquiet roomtea and coffee
Reviewed 14 May 2010

The Hoxton is still fairly new and very trendy. The rooms are ok {the corredors look half finished to me but thats just design} and the bar/reception area is great and very lively at night. You can get a good cooked breakfast {not a buffet which suits me perfectly} at a reasonable price, I have never eaten there at night.

The location is pretty good if you like nightlife though the rooms have no view at all. I prefer the rooms at the Crowne Plaza nearby which you can normally get at a cheaper rate.

The Hoxton has sales and offers but most of the time I look a room seems to be £129 even at weekends so I tend to stay elsewhere. At the right price though this is a good place.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Hoxton Hotel is a very hip and trendy hotel. The rooms are small but cosy.The hotel is only 5min walk from the tube. The restaurant is good but nothing special (sometimes it's crowdy and noisy). When you walk in you get a "good" vibe. The lobby and the reception are in the same area and I liked it! The breakfast bag is ok but after a couple of days you need something different (but you can eat breakfast at the restaurant). I will go back again!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christos T
Reviewed 10 May 2010

The Hoxton would be one of the coolest places that I have stayed. With a free rollaway bed in the room (and my wife and I) there was not much room left. The loud guests next door and the thinish walls affected one nights sleep- thats the negative stuff. On a positive note, good prices, free light breakfast (provided one for my daughter even though she stayed in the room for free), free one hour of calls back to Oz and many other countries and many extras that others charge very well for. Its located about 200m from Old St tube stop so very convenient. (there is a great and cheap soup place in the station) Tube travel is great-but not cheap by Oz standards. Buy a multiple day travel card but get one that works after 9.30 (peak) you will save some cash. There is a very good pizza/pasta place about fifty metres up on the left called Fire.
Hoxton staff are young, friendly, the bar and restaurant are good but it can get noisy and busy with the after work crowd. There is a small supermkaret directly acorss the road, a laundry further up and Jamie Olivers restaurant Fifteen is in walking distance.
The small touches, the reasonable price and the understated coolness of this place would bring me back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank TulltheTraveller_8
Reviewed 9 May 2010

The hotel is set in an excellent area for going out and about for the day or evening, including Hoxton, Shoreeditch and Brick Lane.

The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms although small, are full of all the extras you need, water, cofee, tea and for once real milk.

The 1 hours freee phonecalls and free wifi are an excellent idea, although I didn't get a chance to use them. Breakfast is just enough to keep you going.

I also reccomend the restaurant and more importantly the bar. Some amazing cocktails!

Perhaps not a hotel to stay in, if you want to spend hours in the room but definitely a winner for a lovely comfortable stay and I'll be going back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2010

Go to the Hoxton. We had a brilliant stay. The lobby is one big social gathering area and it is quite trendy. The staff are helpful and accomodating. Our room was a little on the small side, although the bathroom was pleasant and nicely appointed. We loved visiting the Shoreditch and surrounding area. It is another interesting side of London and not really touristy. In the morning you can enjoy a light breakfast and there is fresh milk for the coffee and tea. We only paid £49 which was a good price.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple