“Local locale”

Ranked #102 of 555 London B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Local locale”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Chiswick may not be associated with cool, but in the last few years we have been blessed by the presence of HRH. Like the others in the group, HRH is very good, very laid back and very, very relaxing. The restaurant is intimate and yet ideal for romantic dinner, family lunch or ladies-having-lunch and the food and service impeccable; the bistro downstairs is animated, chilled, with an excellent choice of dishes: took two vegetarian friends there and they both found something they wanted, looked great and was delicious - apparently a tall order! And there is ample room outside with efficient heaters in cold weather or sunshine under the dappled shade of the trees lining the road...very civilised!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Guildford
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have stayed at Babington House a few times so thought I would try this place in the group, it didn't disappoint, the atmosphere was great in the restaurant and the private club, the service was very good, laid back, chilled approach. The room decor was very chic and the cowshed products loved by the ladies were in abundance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Shanghai
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in High Road House from 1/24 - 1/27, and we absolutely loved it. It is located right off the Turnham Green station, so easy access to the heart of London. The room was very cozy and comfortable, and they've thought of all the details. My husband was so happy that he couldn't stop complimenting it. It exceeded our expectation in every aspect, and we'd love to come back again in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, which was quite. But the elevator only goes to the 2nd floor, so we h...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The quality of the Soho House group never ceases to impress me. O.K you pay for quality but in my view, it is always worth the extra cost. I had one of the mini rooms, which was still reasonably sized. The bed did take up most of the room, but what a comfortable bed!!! Everything was spotless and the attention to detail was there in all the little hidden extras.
I enjoyed very much the guest bar, which was cosy and snug. The warm fire and dim lighting was perfect for a cold January evening - though as i was alone, it was a little tricky to read my paper...! The staff were polite, if a little formal. I was over charged for an item and there was a bit of an issue in resolving this, but the manager did agree to remove this from my bill eventually. The hotel is close to the station and there are a great selection of boutique shops and restaurants in close proximity. I would really recommend this Hotel and will certainly return at some point in the future.

Room Tip: I had an attic room at the front, which was quiet enough, but the bed was under the window, which wa...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Only had a couple of nights in London and wanted somewhere a little bit different to the average hotel and found it. Only had a tiny room available but it was far from tiny, great bed, great amenities, great cosmetics, amazing breakfast.

I can't stop recommending this place to people.

Only small issue was our room was on the top floor and that meant hauling our bags up one flight of stairs

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richardpk
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

What a fantastic place. We booked a "tiny" room which was not tiny at all because of the way they have so cleverly laid them out. The shower/body products and rain shower were fantastic. There were 5 x full sized bottles of shower gel in the shower to choose from. There were straightening irons as well as hair dryer and even an iPod dock. The little bar has so much atmosphere and although we only had breakfast there a couple of times the food was very good. The location is perfect - right in the middle of Chiswick High Road surrounded in amazing cafes/bars and lots of pubs and about 4 minutes walk from the Turnham Green tube station. We would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Choose a back room for complete quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie C
Tadworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

On arriving at the hotel after an extremely stressful commute there, the staff were very welcoming and friendly, even offering us a choice of room at the front or rear of the hotel (we opted for rear to be away from the road). Our "tiny" room was much bigger than expected, a nice surprise. Excellent provisions (I would have been happy to stay in our room rather than to schlep over to Sheperds Bush for a concert). Only comment about the room was that the airconditiong/heater seemed to smell of armpits. When we returned later, it was a fairly unpleasant smell, but one you get used to! Overall decor of the hotel is good, although the carpets on the 3rd floor landing could do with replacing.
After the gig we came back to the bar (there was a function on in the club) - lookng forward to ean evening with no one talking on mobiles or taking silly photos (it's hotel policy that they're not allowed into communal areas). Unfortunately this doens't seem to be a rule that anyone else takes any notice of, and the staff have little authority to enforce. So, we only had a couple of drinks, and then got fed up of the overly loud drunks at the bar (don't get me wrong, this could have been me on a night out with the girls) and went to our enormous, very comfy bed.
Because check out isn't until 12, we could actually enjoy a lie in. Nice homemade bicuits and a cup of coffee and then to breakfast - nice healthy portions, although prices are steep, you don't really need any extras and go away satisfied! I had booked a stay and play package, expecting to spend our money in the bar the night before, but having gone to bed early, had £55 to spend on breakfast! I didn't need to eat again until teatime, let's put it that way.
SOHO, sort out the aircon and the phone policy and you'll have an almost perfect retreat :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tinkerbellamy
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Chiswick
Bloomsbury
My Bloomsbury
My Bloomsbury
#380 of 1,063 in London

Been to High Road House? Share your experiences!