“London 12 - 19 May”

Belgrave Hotel London
Ranked #153 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Mecke
There are newer reviews for Belgrave Hotel London

Reviewed 21 May 2014

we stayed here for the weekend of the London Marathon and what a mistake that was the rooms were so small all the furniture was from the 70's staff were miserable and the cleanness was disgusting my poor husband ended up sleeping in the bath the night after he'd ran the marathon because the carpets must of had so many dust mites he couldn't stop sneezing when i pulled the covers off the bed I found a live spider in it and at the end of the bed lots of black hairs from previous customers I wouldn't even recommend this place to the most poorest of people and as for 4 star hotel that person that gave them this should of gone to spec savers 4star my a….

Room Tip: don't book any rooms here
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Unfortunately a few gripes let down an otherwise enjoyable stay at a reasonable price. The room was OK, there was a good breakfast for the price and the hotel has good access to Oval tube station. Shower good strong and hot. The problems I had were that there are no power points near the bed and the wifi was poor despite lots of relay stations - just no bandwidth most of the time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StornowayKeith
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We found this on booking.com when looking for somewhere to stay for my daughter going to a gig at the O2 Brixton. I did look at the various reviews and even cancelled the booking to see if something better would turn up and, although there were cheaper places available if I'm honest it was the available parking that swung it in the end. Very small car park so booking is advisable!

We had a family room (311) which was in the roof space and was compact but more than adequate for our needs. I have to say it was scrupulously clean. The pillows were not great - but then not many hotels are and I don't sleep well away from home most times anyway. The bathroom was great with a great shower. My only comment would be a hand towel would be useful but that's very monor.

The welcome on arrival was superb and four travellers were catered for by being able to use the staff loo which again was scrupulously clean.

Breakfast was simple but more than satisfactory and try as I may I can't find fault. Not that I am really trying to be fair. I can't say that I am VERY fussy but I'm no pushover either!

We will definitely use the place again and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend it. Well done and thank you from the Ivory's!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank familyivory
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I spent an impromptu night here as we needed somewhere to stay last minute and didn't want to have to spend the night on a friend's floor! It was sold to us as a 4-star hotel and seemed a good deal, but unfortunately didn't live up to expectations. The room was small and poky, with uninspiring furnishings and a tiny bed. It was at the front of the hotel where there was a lot of traffic noise. It was clean and tidy, with an adequate en-suite shower room. Breakfast was a somewhat unappetising spread of breads and cheap spreads. In summary, I'm sure this would suffice for a businessman needing somewhere to crash, but personally I think I would have preferred a free stay on a friend's sofa and nice breakfast elsewhere!

Room Tip: Avoid a room at the front of the hotel to avoid overnight noise from busy main road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We needed a hotel in a good location for NYE, and the Belgrave fitted the bill perfectly. Only a few minutes walk from Pilimco underground station, and 5 minutes from Victoria it was ideal. The hotel had a contemporary feel to it, and although the rooms were small they were very well decorated and very clean. Only downside was there was a slightly strange smell in our room, however this disappeared from having the window open for a few minutes and then everything was fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Will H
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I suspect that in a past life this hotel was a nurses residence....1960s building sandwiched between two C19th maternity hospital sites on the Clapham Rd. There are no exteriors of this hotel for a good reason...arrival is a truly heart-sink moment! On the plus side the man at reception was approachable and helpful when asked and the rooms were clean.....if very dated in a 1970/80s style. Breakfast in the 'basement' is not an attractive proposition no matter how 'budget' you are prepared to be! My room temperature was sub-tropical with no option of control and barely opening windows so a comfortable night was not possible. A tip to the management....removing sticky labels from door edges and brabantia bins might just help improve the sense that you actually value your rooms and customers.

I was here on business attending a meeting at the Maudsley Hospital so I suppose a little hardship to save the NHS and public purse is to be expected....in reality though the money spent could buy so much better in other (probably more central) parts of London.....My suggestion go to an Ibis or travel lodge instead.

Room Tip: Pretty noisy, on a flight path, nr to trains and right on a bust London A road I was on the first fl...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business