“Perfectly placed”

Belgrave Hotel London
Ranked #161 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is literally 60 seconds walk from Oval Underground. Stayed here to see a show at Lost Theatre on Wandsworth Road. The owner was brilliant and - unprompted - gave my Mum and I a lift in his car to Theatre because my Mum couldn't walk that far and we were having problems getting taxi. He offered us a tasty cooked breakfast in morning which was a great surprise. Also available cereals, croissants, fruit, yoghurt, cheese, fresh milk, juice + pretty good coffee machine (capuccino espresso etc). Single Room 316 I stayed in small, serviceable and clean. Desk Fan, Sky TV, lots of plug sockets, great hot strong Shower, Tea/Coffee, complimentary Dove Hand Soap on tiny basin and decent Shower gel/Shampoo. Bouncy but comfy mattress. Don't look out the window - view not great. Lift to all floors available, including basement breakfast room. Feels secure - buzz door to get into reception + key card to room works lights too.

Room Tip: single 316 is at end of corridor away from others
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We chose this hotel as it is a couple of minutes walk from the Oval tube station - 3 stops to Clapham Common where we were going to the Calling Festival.
The hotel looks like a block of flats from the outside. The double room was small and basic but clean. We got back late from the concert so we weren't aware we were literally next door to a building site until the loud, incessant drilling of concrete stated at 7.50 am. It was so loud it was as if the builders were in our room. Of course no-one mentioned the location of the building site when we booked!
The cooked breakfast was luke warm, but there was a fair selection of cereals etc.
The hotel boasts on-site parking - beware there is only parking spaces for 3 cars! £15 for 24 hours.
All the staff were very helpful, but we won't be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teresaking2002
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here on business and from reading the reviews of other travellers I was somewhat apprehensive. The hotel had been booked for me by my client.

I have to say that I really couldn't fault the facilities or the service. Sure, the room was small, but this was only to be expected in a small London hotel. The bed was comfortable and the linen spotless. The staff were friendly and the cooked breakfast was more than adequate.
There are some good eating places across the road and the proximity to Oval station meant that getting into the West End was easy.

The only gripe I have is that the WiFi was pretty slow.
I'd certainly stay there again on a business trip.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank john_on_road
Reviewed 22 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Mecke
Reviewed 21 May 2014

we stayed here for the weekend of the London Marathon and what a mistake that was the rooms were so small all the furniture was from the 70's staff were miserable and the cleanness was disgusting my poor husband ended up sleeping in the bath the night after he'd ran the marathon because the carpets must of had so many dust mites he couldn't stop sneezing when i pulled the covers off the bed I found a live spider in it and at the end of the bed lots of black hairs from previous customers I wouldn't even recommend this place to the most poorest of people and as for 4 star hotel that person that gave them this should of gone to spec savers 4star my a….

Room Tip: don't book any rooms here
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Unfortunately a few gripes let down an otherwise enjoyable stay at a reasonable price. The room was OK, there was a good breakfast for the price and the hotel has good access to Oval tube station. Shower good strong and hot. The problems I had were that there are no power points near the bed and the wifi was poor despite lots of relay stations - just no bandwidth most of the time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StornowayKeith
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We found this on booking.com when looking for somewhere to stay for my daughter going to a gig at the O2 Brixton. I did look at the various reviews and even cancelled the booking to see if something better would turn up and, although there were cheaper places available if I'm honest it was the available parking that swung it in the end. Very small car park so booking is advisable!

We had a family room (311) which was in the roof space and was compact but more than adequate for our needs. I have to say it was scrupulously clean. The pillows were not great - but then not many hotels are and I don't sleep well away from home most times anyway. The bathroom was great with a great shower. My only comment would be a hand towel would be useful but that's very monor.

The welcome on arrival was superb and four travellers were catered for by being able to use the staff loo which again was scrupulously clean.

Breakfast was simple but more than satisfactory and try as I may I can't find fault. Not that I am really trying to be fair. I can't say that I am VERY fussy but I'm no pushover either!

We will definitely use the place again and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend it. Well done and thank you from the Ivory's!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family