“A friendly family feel hotel”
Review of White Lodge Hotel

White Lodge Hotel
Ranked #432 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We were very pleased that we chose to stay at this hotel. We had a very warm welcome from the staff, who was friendly and helpful. The hotel has a cosy family feel, almost like from home to home. The rooms are simple, but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was lovely and we also managed to find free parking near the hotel. The connection to the central London is perfect, with the train station being only a two minutes walk away. There is also a small, tidy garden with a table and chairs where we had our take-away dinner. There are many take away and grocery stores on the local high street, also good restaurants within a walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed in a single room which although small with no en suite (it had a sink) was spotlessly clean, quiet and good value. The bed was comfortable with good linen and I slept very soundly. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is well situated half way between Turnpike lane tube station and Crouch end with a good bus service passing by. There are loads of great cafes and restaurants within a few minutes walk. I enjoyed my stay there (4 nights) immensely and would certainly stay there again. The breakfast was good- toast, boiled egg, orange juice, and tea or coffee and I thought it was a nice touch that they offer hot chocolate to kids. My only (minor) grouch was that you pay for use of the wifi- normally I would expect that to be included in the room rate these days. But overall, a very nice, positive experience.

Room Tip: I stayed at the back of the hotel, overlooking the garden and it certainly was peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Clean rooms with comfortable beds, in a very quiet and relaxing neighborhood.
The staff is very friendly and helpful , expecially when I asked some advices about best places and monuments to visit.
A little far from the centre but close to bus stop, Hornsey Station and tube station (Piccadilly Line, same line to Heathrow Airport).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Two of my friends came over from Ireland to see me and were to stay at my flat but as I have a kitten and one of them is allergic to cats, I had to find them somewhere to stay. The White Lodge Hotel, Hornsey is very close to where I live so I booked them a double room with en suite bathroom. I was informed that they could check in at two o'clock in the afternoon but they could drop in and leave their bags at the hotel if they arrived any earlier. We arrived before 11 o'clock and the lady we spoke to was extremely friendly and helpful. As the room was ready she let them check in straight away. She explained fully about keys and breakfast and timings etc. What I saw of the hotel was extremely light, airy and clean as was their room. The continental breakfast which consists of fruit, cereal, boiled eggs, toast, tea, coffee and various meats and cheeses was spot on. They had absolutely no bones to pick at all and said they would highly recommend the hotel. I have lived locally for 20 years but had never known anyone to stay there so had no idea what it might be like but it gets a full 10 out of 10 for a reasonably priced, clean, local hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olive M
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The White Lodge was noisy. Not in the roaring and shouting sense but with persistent background noise, seemingly from throughout the house, that made a sound full night's sleep impossible for me on each of the four nights of my stay.
Mine was a twin room ensuite on the first floor and I had noise from multiple directions. There was seemingly endless creaking of the ceiling from footsteps upstairs. I spent one entirely sleepless night while enviously listening to someone snoring, probably in the next room. I could only assume the person was well sedated! My room was located beside one of the shared showers and toilets so I could hear all the traffic to and fro with doors slamming, ventilation fan and shower running. It was as if when one source of annoyance stopped, another took over. Voices were clearly audible from the room next door and from the corridor outside. The weather was quite warm but my room seemed to be located over the kitchen so if I opened a window in the morning I got the clattering of dishes on top of all the other interesting stuff that was going on. On the last night I tried leaving the radio on at a low level to create a "white noise" that might distract me from the other stuff. It helped a little.
I considered giving a three star rating but couldn't possibly do so given the impossibility of sound sleep and the lack of a cooked breakfast.
The room and toilet / shower were quite small. My twin room was adequate for one person but I wouldn't choose to share it.
On the positive side, the location is good with buses and rail within easy reach, staff are friendly and the place is clean. It's next door to Hornsey Police Station so I suppose that gives some sense of security too.

Room Tip: Ear-plugs might help. My room was towards the back so, perhaps if you were at the front you might al...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel clean, comfortable,and very friendly staff .My wife and myself really enjoyed our stay at White Lodge Hotel London being central for visiting central London and close to Underground stations and very convinent for people travelling by air and Heathrow Airport.I have one final comment to make buy a new lock for front door.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2014

With family in crouch end we needed a base nearby. Its 10 min walk to the clock tower in Crouch End.
Hotel has no parking but free on street parking at weekends.
Its clean, its v friendly it offers a good continental breakfast.
We had a double with shared facilities - no problems , v clean- 1 shower/toilet to 3 rooms, we've also stayed ensuite - v good and in singles - 5th visit coming up and its great value - £65-£85 a night per room.
Hotel has a comfy lounge with TV, rooms have TV , kettle, tea and coffee, hairdryers. There's a nice garden at back.
Location is the key for us , as said above , 10 mins to Crouch End and half the price of chains that are 30 mins away. 5 min walk to 91 bus that gets you to Kings X and Trafalgar square.

oh and the staff are very friendly, and nice

Totally recommend this small, cosy,homely and friendly Hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hairy_Traveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
East End / East London
Leigham Court Hotel
#510 of 1,076 in London
Clapham / Battersea
FlexiStay Aparthotel Tooting London

Been to White Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!