“Disappointingly overrated!”

Cuisines: Healthy, Fast food
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was looking forward to my lunch as my colleagues were raving about Leon. I chose the Thai chicken curry, from quite an extended list. I have a wheat intolerance and there was a very good choice compared to most restaurants. However, when I opened my box, having being somewhat repelled by the image of bull fighting on the front, I was very disappointed. I played hunt the chicken for while and managed to total four meagre pieces, then I thought to myself, "weren't the proprietors of the restaurant, Henry Dimbleby and John Vincent, redesigning school food?" they must have sacrificed the chicken for a healthy portion of my one-a-day. But, no! There were some nice, crunchy bamboo shoots, which were lovely, and two rather insipid chunks, which may be over-stating the size of them, of what I took to be aubergine. So, not so healthy after all. What a shame. The thai sauce itself was zingy and fresh and there was an ample portion of rice. Overall, it wasn’t my idea of value for money. I also disliked the fact there was a lamp looming not far from my head throughout the meal, like a 1960s diner meets McCarthy witch hunt interrogation room, and I'm not particularly tall. I won't be going again.

There are newer reviews for Leon - Victoria Street

Reviewed 5 June 2014

As with all the Leon chains, it was a pleasant experience - fresh, healthy and tasty fast food, served by smiley staff. I had the meal deal, which involved a side dish and soft drink for an extra £2.75. Dinner and a drink cost around £7, which is pretty reasonable.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Visited this brunch afer long time of not having anything from leon only realizing how great they always are. Always great food and sooo yummy! Lemon ginger crunch cake is to die for!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Eaten at Leon a number of times and always enjoy it, but the new Eden chicken burger was absolutely amazing! Will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Serves the usual great Leon food. Plenty of seating, just a shame there aren't any squishy comfy sofas! Service was fast and friendly. Will visit again.