“Italy comes to London”

Vini Italiani South Kensington
Reserve with OpenTable
Vini Italiani South Kensington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,912 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: In 2010, a group of Italian entrepreneurs with a deep passion for Italian wine decided to create a space in London exclusively dedicated to the promotion, discovery, learning and purchase of Italian wine. Having found an ideal location in South Kensington, opposite the famed auction house Christie's, the idea became reality and the company was incorporated at the end of that year. Opened in November 2011, Vini Italiani (VI) is a wine bar and store loyal to the proverbial warmth of Italian hospitality. In fact, VI provides a highly professional retail experience thanks to its staff of sommeliers, who will help people experience Italy to the fullest. Wine can be tasted by the glass and enjoyed by the bottle and can be savoured with Italian cold cuts and cheese specialties. All this occurs within a space that is also designed for courses, meetings and events.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italy comes to London”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Upon a visit to our beloved capital I promised myself that before I set off back home to Leicester I would stop off at Vini Italiani in Sth Kensington (heard so much about it on Twitter). I got excited as soon as I saw the sign in the window, this amused me! Wine tasters! oh I also saw one of my favourite sparkles 'Zanotto Col Fondo'. The feeling was getting stronger as I went inside... we have nothing like this place in Leicester. It not only serves food which is bellisimo, the ambience encourages free flow conversation, and If you love Italian wines then you should pay a visit. The website is fantastic but the WOW sensation should not be under estimated. I am not nor do I pretend to be a wine expert by any means, I just love Italian wines and the romance of the stories that are portrayed by each and every one of them. The Staff are second to non... friendly and extremely knowledgeable. If you want to treat yourself to some everyday wines this is easy, as is buying a voluptuous red. Italy at its best in London. Fantastic wine, food & staff. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dawnellenstewart
Vini I, Manager at Vini Italiani South Kensington, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Dawn,

thank you so much for the amazing review! We are sorry you live in Leicester as we get the feeling we'd see quite a bit of you if you lived in the Big Smoke!

We hope to see you back soon!

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Little gem”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Do try this lovely little Italian gem. Really excellent place for sharing plates of meats and cheeses and sampling the wines. We went with a large group for wine tasting.....we had a ball! Would be equally lovely just for two. Friendly staff.....highly recommended

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank walpolepark11
New York City, New York
“Very good place”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Have been there three times so far. They have a good selection of wine, with a good selection by the glass at reasonable prices. Very knowledgeable staff who are attentive and helpful. They completely avoided the patronizing tone of a number of such places in expensive parts of London. Really good cheese too. 4.5/5 would be a fair grading.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank bubu3
Toronto, Canada
“great wines”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

this is a laid back wine place and as you walk in you'll notice a wide array of the worlds best wines red, rose and white. on the lower ground floor there is also a seating place with great ambience. the server nikki is super and a real wine connoisseur

Visited March 2014
2 Thank inna m
Milano, Italy
“The best Italian wine in London”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Italy is full of great grapes and wines. I visited Vini Italiani on a very recent trip to London. To cut a long story short I got back there... three nights out of five (for my Aperitif time!) to taste pleasant wines from the North, Central and South of Italy. Each Italian region is well represented by its typical grapes. It is great to know that so many different first quality Italian wines can now be found in London too - besides the usual Barolo or Chianti (which, of course, are also available). Curiosity will lead you on a perfect wine journey at Vini Italiani. Your nose and palate will be grateful to you. Alessandra, the store sommelier, is an excellent guide! Vini Italiani is for sure a "must come back" place on my next trip to London! Alla salute!

• Visited February 2014