Wardonia Hotel
US$285
US$256
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$339
US$317
Travelocity
1,029 results
All reviewskings crossst pancrasrooms are smallsingle roomluggage roompancras stationbudget hotelquiet streeteuston roadensuite bathroombasement roomper nightthe ground floorexcellent locationfive minute walktea and coffeeeurostar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at the Wardonia Hotel only for one night during a short transit. The location is extremely convenient - the street is directly opposite Kings Cross underground station at the Euston Road exit and you could even see the hotel name from the end of the street. The hotel building exterior is beautifully historical. When I arrived at midday, there was no-one at the reception desk. There was no bell to ring for attention either. However in a few minutes a staff member arrived - I think they had been busy elsewhere (but it would have been nice to have seen a note or something saying they would be back). They are strict about check-in from 2pm, but I was able to leave my luggage in a large storage room. There are plenty of tourist brochures and a great London map available at reception. A password is given for free wifi upon check-in and it was fast and reliable! Fantastic!

I booked a single room, so I was prepared for a small room. It literally just fits a single bed, a small "ledge" for coffee and tea (I wouldn't call it a desk), a few hangers, and a tiny bathroom. I only had an overnight bag so it was easy to stash under the coffee "ledge" - people travelling with a standard suitcase might find it difficult to navigate around the room in terms of space. My large windows had a great view of the street and Kings Cross/St Pancras. There were also plenty of power points for charging devices - The handbasin was tiny - I'm not a big person but I could barely fit both my hands in the basin to wash without splashing everywhere. The shower was great - plenty of hot water and good stream and shower gel. The bathroom in my room was a tiny step up from my room, and I kept stubbing my toe - don't know if others have this problem too! The towels were clean but a bit thin. The bed itself was comfortable and there was a bedside "ledge" to place a clock and charge devices etc.

Overall it was a very good hotel room for the price and I would stay again, particularly for the location and free wifi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Booked only a couple of days ahead and got a small double for £78 which is not bad for London. However there was not breakfast

Room was modest but I have had smaller. Bed was a bit firm for me but room was quiet and I slept well

Bathroom had a great shower cubicle (no leaks - not a wet room). Shower was very powerful and water hot. Easy to regulate temperature. Sink was small and almost unusable for anything else than washing hands

Probably stay there again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike48
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

My colleagues stayed at the Russell Hotel at 3 times the price. They got a fawning concierge, a marble entrance hall and chandeliers. We all got a bed and a bathroom in a small room.
There's no lift, no breakfast (but great little cafes nearby) and no wardrobe at the Wardonia but what do you expect for the price? Only real downside for me was no real desk.
Free WiFi was good. Bed was comfy. Bathroom clean and shower like Niagara. Welcome was lovely. Setting is quiet and I had a lovely view of an old London street.
There's some good pubs around.
If all you need is somewhere to sleep it's as good as you'll get and at a fair price.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Umpalulu
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Friendly conversation on arrival and departure. Hotel clean and tidy. Room spotless. It had been prepared with care - bed linen perfect, comfortable bed. Bathroom looked brand new and worked perfectly. Kettle for tea/coffee. Delighted.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank York-Nigel
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in early March and for the price did not expect to get what I got! The room was compact but well equipped with TV, coffee/tea facilities, a great wet room shower that was hot and powerful and everything was spotless. There was a warm welcome for me and bright "goodbye" on my departure.

The room I had, benefited from a fully opening sash window so the room was bright and fresh. No noise from traffic overnight either.

I am booking this up again for this week and the forthcoming weeks whilst working in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business