“Terrific Tour in a Black Cab”

Black Taxi Cab Tours Ltd
Ranked #56 of 223 Transportation in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Black Taxi Cab Tours Ltd London, specialise in providing personal guided tours of London and the UK, in the iconic London black cab with your own fully qualified Taxi Guide. We have fully qualified tour guides in all major cities, and cover all landmark sites throughout the UK. In addition to the listed tours at our website, we can supply custom and bespoke tours designed specifically around your personal preferences or subjects. All London guides hold a minimum qualification of The Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers Taxi Guide badge, and are very knowledgeable on all things London. We have fully certified City of London Guides, Westminster Guides etc etc. Our aim is to provide you with a relaxed, informative tour of London or any other UK town, city or landmark site that you wish to experience. We are without doubt the best at what we specialise in, and we aim to offer the very best guided taxi tours available in London & the UK at an affordable cost to our custromers.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Gosford, Australia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Terrific Tour in a Black Cab”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We (my Aunt & I) booked a Black Cab Tour of London yesterday. These guys need to have completed a five year course on London to be permitted to conduct the tours, called a "Blue Badge".

We were met at our concierge by Martin , a true London cabbie with an English accent and a great sense of humour.
Martin took us all around the major sites of London, explaining the attractions, the history surrounding the sites and some personal stories of his own mixed in.
We were provided with plenty of time to get out of the cab and take photos, walk amongst any sites we wished, go for coffee/ tea, toilet stops etc - nothing was a problem.
I would recommend Black Cab tours , ours was conducted in a professional and friendly manner and we got to see some amazing sites and gain an insight into how London works and what goes on.
Thanks to Martin we thoroughly enjoyed our tour.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tony H

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Smashing time in London”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Last week I took a tour of London with a couple of old school friends and my daughter who was off of school. I was AMAZED!!! - I live in Surrey, and the closest I usually get to Central London is watching pictures of it on the TV!! - Our guide was superb!! - he kept us all informed throughout the tour and we saw ALL of the main places to see, he even took us to a church in the city, where he had my daughter captivated with the story of Dick Whittington and then pointed out the stained glass window with him and his cat. (We all thought that it was just a children's story that someone had written!!)
It was raining for most of the tour but we were warm &dry. I can't thank blacktaxicabtours enough for a wonderful afternoon, please pass on my thanks to your guide (sorry, I was so busy looking at everything that his name has escaped me!)
Will deffo be booking again soon for the next episode of 'getting to know London'
MM

San Javier, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lived in London but never really EXPERIENCED London”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I lived in London until the age of 12 and then moved back again when I was 17 until I was 24. In all that time, I never really got to see the sights of London and always stuck to the Suburbs. I met my wife at 24 and moved to Manchester where everyone was asking questions about the sights of London. I felt like a bit of an idiot when I had to admit that having lived there all those years, I never took the time to see any of them.

My wife and I arranged to head down to London and considered an open topped bus tour but the weather wasn't so great so we opted for a Black Cab tour instead.

It was amazing, we had a guide called John who made us feel comfortable right away. John was very chatty and let us grab from food at a nice pub by the river. Great day out and very eyeopening.

Now I sound like a bit of an expert when people ask me about London, just a shame my wife remembered more of what John said than I did, she know jokes with people that she knows more about MY city than I do.

Might have to do it again without her!

ps don't tell her I said that :D

1 Thank James U
Kent, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day out”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Would like to give big thanks to our driver John,he gave my freinds and I a great tour of London ,he told us wonderful stories and great sights,from st.pauls the great fire and even the Thames barrier,there is so much to see and do,will be back in the summer to see more. Thanks John.

1 Thank James M
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My surprise day out. Full day taxi tour of London”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My partner surprised me for my birthday with a full day taxi tour of London . We Was picked up at 08.00am from my home by my driver/ tour guide John coughlan. Being from twickenham London I thought I knew a lot about my city, but I was wrong John has a encyclopaedia of knowledge of the city,he's presentation was first class , he was cheerful and funny all day. When we wanted to take photos or spend time in certain places of intrest to us he was very helpful and nothing was beyond him.Buildins and places I thought I knew he had knowledge that went back century's. Thank you for a fabulous day and would recommend anyone that is in London to use this brilliant site blacktaxicabtours .

2 Thank Paul D