“Loved everything, best meal I have ever had!”
Review of Canvas Restaurant - CLOSED

Canvas Restaurant
Price range: US$34 - US$54
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: This elegant bar and restaurant in the heart of Chelsea knows how to turn a blank canvas into a masterpiece. Located in a charming brick building minutes away from bustling Sloane Street and Kings Road, Canvas makes wining and dining into an art. Noted for their mix-and-match European menu with paired wines or specialty cocktails, Canvas offers a vibrant palette of flavours and textures to intrigue your tastebuds. The ambience is elegant yet relaxed, with fine art lining the walls that's as alluring as the plates. For your intimate party, the bar's sleek private dining room overlooking the restaurant is a clear winner. In the main area, smart tables are available, with soft mood lighting and crisp design. This is a great venue for corporate or classy celebrations, offering quality and comfort in a gilded frame. Optional: in case of private hire, possible to ask for a DJ/Dancefloor, special food (canapés, set menus) etc. To be discuss directly with the manager. Options availab
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Loved everything! The food is art, the service is excellent and well timed. Every course and dessert I've had there has been a winner. I had the Chef tasting 4 courses menu, excellent choice! – more than enough for one person, and I can say having eaten in some amazing places around the world that this was without doubt one of the best meal I have ever had. Price is reasonable for such gourmet dish, we used bookingrid for booking so also gained some benefits. I could not ask for a restaurant in London. No doubts!

There are newer reviews for Canvas Restaurant

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

My friend invited me to Canvas when I was in London this April. The food was EXCELLENT, wines made me crazy, and service was very good.  Great and unusual concept, I’ve never been in similar places. Price, music, location, atmosphere, decor - EVERYTHING is just right at this place. Highly recomended for everyone who love new tastes  and haute cuisine.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The tasting menu was brilliant-we left it up to the chef to concoct, with matching wines. We were there to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday, and what a lunch (in fact we didn't leave until after 7pm). Staff incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The restaurant is tucked away north of Oxford Street in Marylebone Lane with Bond Street being the nearest Underground Station. The 'offer' of the restaurant is a multi-course tasting menu with accompanying wines if desired. The restaurant is small with a modern but nevertheless comfortable and welcoming decor. Service was faultless and the food and wine pretty close to it as well. Particularly appreciated was the consideration made to my wife's lactose intolerance - all selected dished were modified accordingly. We had a seven - yes seven - course tasting menu. The deal is to chose your own from a carte of fifteen dishes. Portions were suitable for a tasting menu so we left well satisfied but not overfilled. Dishes were delicate and beautifully prepared.

1  Thank LimehouseE14
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We visited Canvas in February for the first time & have been back 3 times! (we had a table of 6 when we went back with our friends)

The food is simply stunning, you can create our own tasting menu for the whole table, as someone who eats out a lot, there is always something on the restaurant tasting menu I don't like, this simple concept does away with this problem.

The food is to die for & Alis the restaurant manager brings such warmth to the restaurant and pairs some very unique wines to what is fantastic unique food. I have literally tried all 15 current dishes now, the Sea Bass and the Octopus being my personal favourites

Its a special mix of the best of a local run restaurant, but headed up with a chef who is clearly at the top of his game, you're made to feel special as if you are dining in your local favourite family eatery, but with food that would be at home in any of the top Michelin starred restaurants. That said I have no doubt that Michelin will be rewarding this place in the near future.

It works out around £10 per course per head, so its also great value in a very nice part of London. I whole heartedly recommend Canvas, say Hi to Alis for me, he will make you feel like a long lost friend.

2  Thank dannom111