“Lovely experience”

Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Twickenham
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a really lovely relaxing afternoon tea here using an amazon voucher. The service and food served were excellent. Mixed sandwiches both plain and fruit scones and many mixed mini cake/pastries with a glass of champagne included. Also the offering of extra sandwiches and tea if desired. It was a really relaxing experience with the harpist playing in the background. Thoroughly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank soot30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Worthing, United Kingdom
“DISAPPOINTING AFTERNOON TEA DANCE”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went to the March Traditional Tea Dance with friends to celebrate my 65th birthday.
The ambience was wonderful as were the very kind and attentive staff. We danced to a traditional Hotel Lounge Band whose repertoire was average and timing a little suspect at times.
The biggest disappointment of the afternoon was the actual tea. There was a good selection of teas available but when it was served it was, in my opinion, on the weak side. The scones tasted as though they came out of a packet mix and felt a little 'pappy'.We were given one small ramekin of cream and one of jam so had to carefully ration it amongst the four of us. But, I feel the biggest let down of the Tea were the sandwiches. The fillings were a little on the thin side and the outer sides of the bread was definitely dry indicating to me that they had been made some time earlier and left lying around.
The charge for this Tea Dance was £55 per person. Had everything been good I would have classed it as value for money. However, I believe that it was over priced for what we received.
I would not recommend the event or go again. An expensive experience!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Matt S
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My daughter took me for a wonderful Champagne Afternoon Tea last week. The service in the Homage Restaurant was excellent and attentive. The choice of teas was amazing - Jasmine Pearls was my choice - just delicious. The tea itself was delicious - sandwiches on a variety of flavoured breads so unusual and the cakes and pastries were just so tempting. Together with champagne what a lovely lovely day.

1 Thank georgesnana2011
“Amazing afternoon tea!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We bought a voucher for afternoon tea for two at the Waldorf for only £35, this was amazing value for this beautiful location. Gold standard staff particularly Anais who was our waitress for the afternoon. The restaurant is lovely, with a harpist playing background music, and crystal chandeliers, this feels like a special treat. The food was delicious and so much of it!! Not one to waste food ever, but there was too many little cakes to eat, and scrumptious little sandwiches. The selection of teas was outstanding. We will definitely return here, highly recommend this gorgeous place! X

1 Thank Rachel A
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Lacklustre afternoon tea”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The round of sandwiches came as a closely packed stack of 5. However, even the inner ones were randomly dry on one side or the other, suggesting they had been left standing for some time before being stacked. When we asked for more salmon sandwiches, we were told it would be "quicker" (i.e. easier for them) to bring another standard round, from which we could pick out the salmon ones. I declined.

The service was unimpressive. We waited about 45 minutes between visits from our waiter. The cream tea and cakes, when they came, were acceptable, though in my opinion, good quality jam should not be luminous red!

Our table was jammed next to the harpist, which wasn't really fair on her or us.

I wrote to the hotel manager expressing my dissatisfaction over two weeks ago, but have had no reply. This confirms the view I expressed there of a large, complacent hotel chain, creaming money from gullible customers.