“Great experience”

Price range: US$30 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Whilst staying here we indulged in afternoon tea and I must say I wasn't disappointed. The service was excellent, the room lovely and the harpist place was wonderful. I only have two small niggles, firstly the sandwiches were a little dry but I appreciate they produce these on mass. Secondly I found it a little rude that they turned the lights down low at 5pm to try and get people to leave. I know they had to get ready for evening service but some people did not get served until about 4.30 therefore they had to rush.

Having said that it did not spoil the experience.

1  Thank daisy06Yorkshire

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked the Waldorf for afternoon tea for my Boyfriends birthday and what a treat it was. The setting is gorgeous and the staff are very accommodating with any dietary issues you may have .

The sandwiches were very fresh and delicious, they also have a lovely section of well made cakes.

The room that the afternoon tea was held was stunning and the harp player made for a romantic setting.

They also went to the trouble of bring out a cake with a birthday message.

I can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter took me to the Waldorf for champagne afternoon tea as a gift for mother's day.The whole experience was perfect.Brilliant service,harp playing in the background,delicious sandwiches which had perfect combinations of flavours,cakes were refine and the scones to die for.Thank you to my daughter for my lovely gift and to the staff at the Waldorf for getting it so right.

1  Thank Chocci66
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Tea was served in a grand old restaurant with lovely china. Service was good when the waiter was at the table but big gaps when he wasn't around. Harpist was lovely. Sandwiches were ok but a bit wet and fillings thin. Scones and cakes good. Tea good. Champagne very expensive for two small glasses - £31. Worst aspects were tables being cleared which had not being used for afternoon tea and relaid for evening meal. This should have been done at the end of afternoon tea service.
Staff used the area as a through route as they undertook tasks like restocking the bar, carrying milk containers, crates of glasses plastic buckets of ice Paid and left - no goodbye. In our opinion this was a long way from anything resembling 5 star service .

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a really lovely relaxing afternoon tea here using an amazon voucher. The service and food served were excellent. Mixed sandwiches both plain and fruit scones and many mixed mini cake/pastries with a glass of champagne included. Also the offering of extra sandwiches and tea if desired. It was a really relaxing experience with the harpist playing in the background. Thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank soot30