“Great fun! a true Angel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bread Angels

Bread Angels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bread Angels are a network of award winning bakers who teach a range of excellent bread baking classes from their home bakeries. You can take a basic bread course or explore Italian, German, or Scandinavian bread or dive into a full day sourdough bread course. We also have seasonal bread courses - check out the Christmas or Easter courses when the time comes. You do not require any experience to do any of our classes. Classes are small (maximum 6 people) and intimate. Students have a great time, receive plenty of individual attention, and leave feeling uplifted and confident. The price includes expert tuition, recipes and notes, lunch, teas and coffees and plenty of bread to take home.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun! a true Angel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Rhiannon saved us like a true angel when a course we had booked elsewhere was cancelled and it was arranged as part of a weekend of activities for my mums birthday, Rhiannon to the rescue and we had hours of laughter and fun at her home. My mum learnt every step where she was going wrong and I learnt its not so scary after all after producing 4 different types of bread in about 4 hours!

A fab introduction to bread making, simple fun and with amazing results!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank kingfisher1979

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sourdough forever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I love making my own bread and was so excited to do a class with Juli. What a great day, Juli was brilliant and the class was so much fun, we had a small group and shared a great lunch. It was wonderful being hands on with a starter and making different loaves of bread to take home.

If you want to make bread, do this course.

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“You knead to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went along to Liz Wilsons session in Fulham with 16 year old son. We have made bread in the past and use a bread machine so was interested to learn something new and boy did we! A mine of information really interesting the chemistry, history of bread. Wide variety made ANDwhile waiting for dough to prove delicious bread and chutney. Relaxed, informative and we took a big bag of bread home, well we left with a big bag of bread we arrived home with a smaller bag!

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An introduction to bread is addictive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you have a few hours to spare then I thoroughly recommend signing up to Liz Wilson's Introduction to Bread Making.... a small intimate group of intrepid bread makers met in her cosy kitchen and left feeling inspired! She is a great teacher and clearly passionate about her subject. In just a few hours I made a standard white loaf, rolls, foccacia and an awesome soda bread and tasted some delicious rye bread that I hope to try making soon. It was a fun morning full of interesting and amusing bits of information - I wont spoil the surprise about the butter :)
And don't think it is a 'girl only thing' as I did my course with 3 men who clearly caught the bread making bug too. It would be a great thing to do as a family too. Fresh home made bread cant be beaten so give it a go.

1 Thank Rozzer28
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing & tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Firstly, the virtuous bread website is so useful for finding a conveniently located bread angel. I ended up choosing Liz in Fulham, who helpfully accommodated my very last minute booking. Liz was careful to ascertain if we had any specific queries, and the atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. In between waiting for things to rise/prove/bake etc, we browsed through the extensive range of bread recipe books, and tasted some of Liz's home baking! Such a LOVELY morning out. I highly recommend it!