“Great location”

Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel
Ranked #199 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed here while attending an event at Excel - the hotels around Excel are either very expensive, grotty as hell or just plain full. We chose the Premier Inn as it was right next to Tower Hill tube station and Tower Gate DLR so it was a perfect location for travel. There is a Weatherspoons just opposite which is very convenient for a quick meal and a drink - for a much nicer meal try out Rosemary Lane - superb food a couple of minutes walk away.

We had a room on the ground floor and while the view wasn't up to much (basically the back of the church next door) that did mean it was a great night's sleep - maybe the quietest room I've had in a while ! If you have a room at the back then your mileage may vary - it is very close to the DLR / Tube lines.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
PremierInnTowerHill, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you found the location perfect. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

All you would expect from a Premier Inn. Stayed on third floor overlooking DLR. sound proofing is adequate though you will experience a slight rumble but not too distracting. Room, staff and food excellent and a great base for exploring London as close to underground and DLR.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for the review posted on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for sometime.

This hotel is around the corner from our daughter's apartment. We stayed there on 10 September 2012 and thought it was very good and based on this experience we booked for the three nights from 18 October 2012. We left Boston in the USA on an early morning flight and arrived at the hotel Premier Inn London City - Tower Hill at about 10.00 pm only to be told "we don't have a room for you". I said but I have this email from you dated 13 September 2012 headed "Your booking is confirmed". Initially the young man gave me some cock and bull story about power problems, which I pointed out could not possibly be true as I had more than a passing knowledge of what he was waffling on about given in my younger days I worked for an electrician. I then demanded to see the manager who confirmed they had in fact over booked but would find room for me in another one of their London hotels. I told them the reason we booked the Tower Hill was it was 400 metres from our daughter's apartment and after 15 hours of getting to and from airports and flying I did not want to move to another area and then have to waste more time the next day moving back. In the end I asked them to get me the best rate they could at the place over the road (Grange Tower Bridge Hotel). It was an excellent hotel but a lot more expensive.

I could not get a satisfactory explanation as to why they had overbooked and can only assume that because of our late check in they had assumed we were "no shows". It was just not good enough and I was extremely annoyed after a long day of travelling. I certainly did not appreciate the bovine excreta explanation.

There was no follow up by Premier Inn management. I will be sending them a copy of this review and the booking confirmation.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hasman22
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Don’t be fooled by the outward appearance of this Premier Inn, it is still very large inside. All the usual you expect from a PI – comfortable bed, decent sized room, easy check-in and 30 minutes of free Wi-Fi.

Unfortunately we were on the second floor directly looking at the trains and despite reasonable soundproofing, the rumble of trains from (let’s say, generously, around 6am) was quite obvious.

Location is decent, five minutes walk from the DLR and Tube, but I wouldn’t rush to stay here again. The Wetherspoons pub across the road is a good size and very good value for a meal at any time.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the back of building, unless you wake up early anyway, need to wake up early or...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MrHandBaggageOnly

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise during your stay with us. When booking next time, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel who will gladly allocate a room away from the tracks. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Had one night here Thursday 5/9/13. Was able to book the same day due to another guest canceling. Not generally looking for a "budget" hotel but it was last minute and the location was perfect. The hotel is on Prescott St. and less than a 5 minute walk to the Tower of London and a 3 minute walk to the Tower Hill tube stop. The location makes a perfect homebase for the London visitor. Nothing too special about the rooms or service, they are clean the bathrooms were up to date and there is a Costa in the lobby. Again the location is the key to this hotel. If you plan on wandering around London with stops back at the hotel, This is a great choice. There are 2 public parking garages within 200 yards, our cost for 24 hours was 20 pounds.

Room Tip: Our "family room" was a normal room with a trundle bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Noah B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review posted on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us at Premier Inn Tower Hill. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

A London city centre hotel is always a little hit or miss unless you pay megabucks. Well this hotel is really convenient for the city and tourist attractions like the Tower of London and Tower Bridge.

It's not in an attractive location but the rooms are quiet enough. My room was at the top of the building and had several windows which was good but also made it a little chilly when I visited. The heating was either on (hot) or off (cold) and I opted for hot. Woke up a few times overheating unfortunately.

The restaurant is a little depressing located as it is in the basement. Food was ok and service friendly enough. But the location is a little grim and likely to be populated by sad and tired business types. Use if its raining or you are lazy. There are better places nearby.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
PremierInnTowerHill, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Tower Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for the review posted on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you found the hotel conveniently located close to Tower Of London and Tower Bridge. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed here for a short family trip to London in April. Found it to be very Clean, and a nice big room with everything you need from a stop off hotel. The staff were welcoming and gave a friendly service. cant fault it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for chosing our hotel as your base during your family trip to London. I am very happy to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you found the team friendly and helpful. We hope to welcome you back soon!