“My 2 Night Stay Here”

Ranked #198 of 1,069 Hotels in London
great britain
“My 2 Night Stay Here”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Following some good reviews about Premier Inn's I've seen, I decided to give one a try for my first time on this trip to London.

I selected this one, for being close to the tube, and the sight seeing things at that end of the River. Such as the Tower, Hms Belfast, The London Dungeons etc.

I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. I was a lone traveller and went that extra mile to check I was ok, when passed by reception which I felt was nice.

I didn't eat breakfast so couldn't comment on that. There is a weather spoons over the from here that do I good breakfast which I had, If you haven't opted or don't want to pay for the eat all you can which the Premier Inn do have.

I had no issues with the facilities in my room. I did however have 2 poor nights sleep. I was put In a room at the front of the hotel, Prescot Street itself isn't a really busy street but isn't far from a main road so traffic noise got a bit of an issue for me. In London being a city You can expect this, but Since my stay here, I have stayed in 3 more London Premier Inns and had better nights sleep than I got here in all of them.

If getting much sleep hadn't been an issue I wouldn't have been put off returning here again. Otherwise is a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I am seldom disappointed with a premier inn and this lived up to a very good standard. Room was clean, shower powerful and bed very comfortable. Staff were excellent and attentive, whilst breakfast well cooked. Great location near the tower and some good resturants near by. Well done premier inn

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had read reviews to get an idea of what to expect, and to make a decision between a few options in the area, but the reviews for premier inn tower hill seemed to be fair and reasonable so I decided to to with this one.
I was amazingly suprised. Dont get me wrong, it's a basic hotel, simple and not much too it. I was just in a standard double room. But it was clean, very spacious (have paid a lot of money before for rooms where the bed, my bag, and myself struggle to be in the room at the same time). I was down for an exam, so required something easy, stress free, clean and comfortable. My demands were met and pleasantly exceeded. Nothing amazing happened, just friendly staff and actually receiving the value I was promised. I was very pleased. Honestly the only complaint I have is that now every shower I use will seem inadequate. The shower was so amazing, hot and loads of water good pressure. It is astonishing how hard it is to find a decent working shower in hotels nowadays and this was a very unexpected but pleasant surprise!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Suzie_Australia90
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Nice hotel : Reception staff very friendly and efficient: we had a family room for 4, which was huge, much appreciated. Breakfast was brilliant, staff were friendly but it does seem to get very busy at weekends- queue to go into dining room, and then they ran out of cutlery, mugs, plus various items off the menu! Fine during the week though. Very close to tube station and easy to find. We would stay here again. Good value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hanko, Finland
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here from the 1st of November until the 4th and had a lovely stay.
Service was great. Price was just perfect. Nothing I can complain about. The breakfast was amazing. The location was perfect - found my way around easily - as for being my second time in London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Very well located near London Bridge. Very good value hotel. Spacious room and comfortable beds. All very clean and modern. Very copious breakfast. Do recommend to families.close to the tube circle and district line

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family