“Avoid room 503”
Review of Queen's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Queen's Hotel
Ranked #1,007 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I ignored other reviews I had seen about this hotel as I thought 'How bad can it be?'. I rather wish I hadn't with hindsight!

My friends and I were in London for an event and stayed in a triple room on a Saturday night for £120. To be honest, I wish we'd forked out the extra pennies for a Travelodge.

The location was pretty good as the hotel is close to the underground and also a 15 minute walk from Paddington Station.

We arrived at about 15.00 and were given the 'last room' which was 503. The gentleman on reception offered us a look at the room before checking in officially. The room was very disappointing. It was in the basement and did not smell good but as we were only there for one night, and it was too late to find another hotel before we had to go to our event at 17.00, we accepted the room.

Whilst getting ready we noticed that one of the windows in the room was wedged open with a coat hanger and there was no latch on the window to shut it securely so we had to tie it shut with a hair band.

The en suite was clean and the shower was hot however the bathroom was so small that none of us could sit on the toilet properly as there was very limited leg space (I'm 5'3"!). You also had to open the shower door before you entered the bathroom as you physically couldn't get into the cubicle with the bathroom door shut.

We arrived back to hotel at approximately 01.00 after the event we attended had finished. The beds were okay despite the bedding looking rather tatty. Unfortunately, I did not sleep at all during the night due to loud scratching and scrabbling noises which I thought were coming from outside the window but, upon further investigation, were actually coming from behind an internal wall. The scratching and scrabbling noises continued throughout the night.

I am unable to comment on the breakfast as we decided to leave at 08.00 in the morning as we had had enough.

Obviously I only have experience of one room in this hotel but based on my experience I would strongly recommend paying attention to the reviews and avoiding this hotel. It was certainly not worth anywhere near the amount we paid for room despite the good location. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 503
There are newer reviews for Queen's Hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This place is definitely not "any stars". Pretty old and definitely dated. Not dirty but just rough around the edges.
Staff was fine, no problems. Breakfast was ok; eggs, toast, sausage I think.
Bayswater area has a lot of pubs and restaurant and the location is great, just north of Hyde park. Two Tube stops within a couple blocks. A good place to base out of if you don't spend a lot of time in your room (I didn't). Again, considering the price, it's a good deal.

Room Tip: Go for the lower floors if possible. There are no lifts so it can be a long climb if you're on t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The location was perfect, it was close to Bayswater station. But when we arrived we were a bit shocked, the room was nothing like on the pictures, it was really small for two persons with suitcases and everything creaked. Like the floors, the bed, the closet almost fell over and the window fell down all the time out of nowhere. Although the people were really nice, I wouldn't go there another time.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Cold shower, friendly service. A very nice and central location close to several public transportation services. If you're on a budget andere aren't afraid of rather sober accomodation this is fine.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I would strongly recommend that you stay as far away from this 'hotel' as possible, especially women and families. This was by far the worst hotel experience of my life. One of the members of staff was especially scary and threatening. As my friend and I were getting ready for a night out in the room when one of the members of staff lost control and started kicking and thumping at our door. We were not dressed and asked that he left but he persisted (he was under the impression that one of us had not paid, which was not the case). He eventually ceased after having shouted at us through our 'hotel' room door. He then cut off the electricity supply and bombarded us with phone calls. When we ready to leave we went downstairs to complain and were met with further threatening behaviour and a refusal to apologise. The staff did not appear to understand basic english, the concept of customer service or how to treat other human beings. To amend my previous statement, it was not only the worst 'hotel' experience of my life but one of the worst experiences of my life. They refused to refund the money and the authorities were contacted. Needless to say we did not stay the night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Englishrose430
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Room Tip: Update everything close down and have a refurbishment Get a refurbished or close down
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family