“Demolish”
Review of Queen's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Queen's Hotel
Ranked #1,011 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the worse hotel ever, place is falling apart, the bed was alive with bugs, I was unsure if the bed will still be there when I got back as it was capable of taking it self for a walk. The taps in the room was both hot and cold just pot luck what u get. Our second room had rat traps all round the room. The breakfast service was awful, it was scrambled eggs with toast, we sat down and after been served was told got 5 mins to eat as they want us out the diner. When we got back to the room the room keys was left on the table so it was just help yourself. Would recommend if you have all your vaccinations and prepaid for a jab after

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had no option but to take this hotel as all the other hotels were booked out. We were in London for a concert. Ok it is cheap, but the walls are very thin and I could hear every word on the TV in the next room, the carpet was disgusting, the room was dusty (for a long time), the bed sheets were clean but the cover was dirty and the bathroom hadn't been washed properly. We had to ask for toilet paper. The internet only worked in the lobby. The staff are very friendly but you really get what you pay for. I don't feel comfortable staying here due to the unhygienic nature of this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Room Tip: Don't understand what is required here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I ignored other reviews I had seen about this hotel as I thought 'How bad can it be?'. I rather wish I hadn't with hindsight!

My friends and I were in London for an event and stayed in a triple room on a Saturday night for £120. To be honest, I wish we'd forked out the extra pennies for a Travelodge.

The location was pretty good as the hotel is close to the underground and also a 15 minute walk from Paddington Station.

We arrived at about 15.00 and were given the 'last room' which was 503. The gentleman on reception offered us a look at the room before checking in officially. The room was very disappointing. It was in the basement and did not smell good but as we were only there for one night, and it was too late to find another hotel before we had to go to our event at 17.00, we accepted the room.

Whilst getting ready we noticed that one of the windows in the room was wedged open with a coat hanger and there was no latch on the window to shut it securely so we had to tie it shut with a hair band.

The en suite was clean and the shower was hot however the bathroom was so small that none of us could sit on the toilet properly as there was very limited leg space (I'm 5'3"!). You also had to open the shower door before you entered the bathroom as you physically couldn't get into the cubicle with the bathroom door shut.

We arrived back to hotel at approximately 01.00 after the event we attended had finished. The beds were okay despite the bedding looking rather tatty. Unfortunately, I did not sleep at all during the night due to loud scratching and scrabbling noises which I thought were coming from outside the window but, upon further investigation, were actually coming from behind an internal wall. The scratching and scrabbling noises continued throughout the night.

I am unable to comment on the breakfast as we decided to leave at 08.00 in the morning as we had had enough.

Obviously I only have experience of one room in this hotel but based on my experience I would strongly recommend paying attention to the reviews and avoiding this hotel. It was certainly not worth anywhere near the amount we paid for room despite the good location. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 503
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This place is definitely not "any stars". Pretty old and definitely dated. Not dirty but just rough around the edges.
Staff was fine, no problems. Breakfast was ok; eggs, toast, sausage I think.
Bayswater area has a lot of pubs and restaurant and the location is great, just north of Hyde park. Two Tube stops within a couple blocks. A good place to base out of if you don't spend a lot of time in your room (I didn't). Again, considering the price, it's a good deal.

Room Tip: Go for the lower floors if possible. There are no lifts so it can be a long climb if you're on t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The location was perfect, it was close to Bayswater station. But when we arrived we were a bit shocked, the room was nothing like on the pictures, it was really small for two persons with suitcases and everything creaked. Like the floors, the bed, the closet almost fell over and the window fell down all the time out of nowhere. Although the people were really nice, I wouldn't go there another time.