“friendly and good value”

Chumleigh Lodge Hotel
Ranked #420 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“friendly and good value”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed with my daughter who was attending an interview nearby. We arrived cold, wet and tired at about 8.30pm having been caught in a downpoor. When we arrived the owner made us a hot drink and was very welcoming, he helped us to arrange a taxi to take me daughter to her 8.00am interview the following morning and also helped us arrange a take away meal as we didn't feel like going out again by this time as it was getting late. Our room although basic was very clean and warm. When my daughter went off for her interview which lasted all day, the owner and staff were very friendly as I waited around for my daughter. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mansfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have stayed here on business a few time and always found it clean and comfortable the owner is always helpful and i would stay here again if i was in london

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dublin
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Only getting around to reviewing this now after my stay here in November for 4 nights. Found it online. Rang direct to book a room. Found Michael very rude on the phone , not polite at all , acting as if he was somehow doing my a favour by letting us stay?! booked it anyway as i was at this stage very desperate and needed to stay around finchley. Checked on tripadvisor AFTER i booked and was horrified by some of the reviews. Was dreading the experience, BUT to my suprise i was greeted by a nice lady when i arrived. The room was a bit cold but had everything i needed and was clean. Bathroom very small though. I then met michael (the owner) who was so helpful and friendly i couldnt believe i was speaking to the same person. I slept in for breakfast so cant comment on the food but , overall my stay was a nice one. . and can honestly say it has taught me not to believe everything i read.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank ShuGal500
Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed here on business recently and although the hotel was pleasant and easy to find we did note a few points that were frustrating to say the least.

The first was that the hotel was very cold, heating didn't appear to be on which left us very cold at night, also the quilts on the beds were unsuitable for this time of year as they were low tog...

In the morning, we were served a rather small breakfast and also noted that the cutlery was not clean.

It took a while to find a hotel in the area we were working and wished now we had spent a little more time looking.... Disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I've got to be honest, bad reviews about this hotel are just wrong. My partner and I stayed at Chumleigh Lodge last Friday night and we found it a charming little place.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful and it's in a great location for parking your car (without paying congestion charge) and jumping on the tube for central London.

Like everything, I would advise that you try this hotel for you self and make up your own mind. They are making an effort to make this hotel as comfortable as possible. If you want 4* luxury, book the InterContinential Hotel!

Well done for a friendly, clean and comfortable stay, we'll definately be seeing you again soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

On arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome and given information about the surrounding area. I stayed here with my daughter for two nights. It was a convenient tube journey to the show,shopping and sight seeing trip we had planned. A quiet residential area where we felt safe walking from the underground station late at night.
A comfortable and clean room with coffee and tea making facilities, microwave and fridge. The owner offered us plates and cutlery if we needed them for microwave meals take aways etc.
En suite nice and clean with a good shower
Breakfast was very substantial with a self service area for hot and cold drinks, toast,cereals etc, but we did find it a little confusing as there was no menu on the table for the cooked food.and the staff although very friendly and helpful did not always explain what was available.
Would deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed here as a last minute booking due to the TUC event in London. All central hotels were either fully booked or ridiculous prices.

I confirmed the booking by telephone and was warmly greeted by Michael, the owner. On arrival, again the greeting was very welcoming and the room was pleasant enough with a fridge and microwave plus LCD TV with built-in DVD. Free Wi-Fi was available, and worked well.

Breakfast was a good continental, with cooked available if you wanted. The other guests seemed to be mainly building contractors working on the Olympic facilities. The hotel was quiet, close to both Finchley Central and West Finchley tube stations (a 5-6 minute walk to either), and a 20 minute journey to Euston, where I was working. The area is well catered for with oubs, restaurants and supermarkets from the large Tescos to the independent Polish and Middle Eastern stores.

All in all I was pleasantly surprised with the value for money Chumleigh Lodge offered, and would certainly return if the central London hotels were full.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business