“Idea for our requirements”

Chumleigh Lodge Hotel
Ranked #427 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Kent
“Idea for our requirements”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My son lives in a flat in Finchley and this hotel made an ideal place for us to stay.
When we arrived and booked in we were offered a cup of coffee and a chat about the area and
how to get to the tube etc.

The room we had was a double on suite. It was clean enough and had a fridge and microwave which I thought was handy should we have wanted a snack. My one complaint would be that the on suite was tiny - like a caravan bathroom. It was about 1m x 1m its a good job I didnt have a cat with me as I certainly wouldn't have been able to swing it in there.

The breakfast was excellent. There was more than enough choice and catered for every taste.

Its not really a hotel its more like renting a room in a big house where you come and go as you please and help yourself to your breakfast. That said egg bacon and beans is offered if you want it.

One very positive point is there is loads of parking either on the forecourt or in the street.

I would certainly stay again if my son stays in Finchley and would be ideal if anyone needed somewhere to stay on business.

Room Tip: If you want a on suite big enough to actually get in then dont have room number 10
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Rude customer service. The owner was rude over the phone, hang up on us when we hadn't finished explaining our situation on arrival. Hardly ever answered the phone. No Lifts. Bedrooms are very limited. No warning on the bathroom step, tripped over several times. Would not advice anyone to visit this hotel, was not as expected and far too expensive for what the hotel offered. No facilities. Never answers the door, were kept waiting outside for ages for someone to let us in the hotel. We were spoken to like a child and not a valued customer. Awful staff, no shops around, middle of nowhere and when giving the key back for the room, their were no signs were to leave the key, no-one at reception so we had to ring up and took a while for someone to answer and even then he still didn't come out so we had to give it to the cleaner after 20mins of waiting! Will not advice anyone to stay at this hotel! Hotel looks haunted.

Room Tip: Hotel is awful in general.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bethany l

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. Although not an exceptional hotel it did meet my expectations and is clean and in good condition.

The room was spacious and well equipped. The breakfast was excellent with good choice and plenty of food.

Room Tip: There is no lift so if you have issues with mobility then request a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed with my daughter who was attending an interview nearby. We arrived cold, wet and tired at about 8.30pm having been caught in a downpoor. When we arrived the owner made us a hot drink and was very welcoming, he helped us to arrange a taxi to take me daughter to her 8.00am interview the following morning and also helped us arrange a take away meal as we didn't feel like going out again by this time as it was getting late. Our room although basic was very clean and warm. When my daughter went off for her interview which lasted all day, the owner and staff were very friendly as I waited around for my daughter. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Mansfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have stayed here on business a few time and always found it clean and comfortable the owner is always helpful and i would stay here again if i was in london

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dublin
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Only getting around to reviewing this now after my stay here in November for 4 nights. Found it online. Rang direct to book a room. Found Michael very rude on the phone , not polite at all , acting as if he was somehow doing my a favour by letting us stay?! booked it anyway as i was at this stage very desperate and needed to stay around finchley. Checked on tripadvisor AFTER i booked and was horrified by some of the reviews. Was dreading the experience, BUT to my suprise i was greeted by a nice lady when i arrived. The room was a bit cold but had everything i needed and was clean. Bathroom very small though. I then met michael (the owner) who was so helpful and friendly i couldnt believe i was speaking to the same person. I slept in for breakfast so cant comment on the food but , overall my stay was a nice one. . and can honestly say it has taught me not to believe everything i read.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank ShuGal500
Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed here on business recently and although the hotel was pleasant and easy to find we did note a few points that were frustrating to say the least.

The first was that the hotel was very cold, heating didn't appear to be on which left us very cold at night, also the quilts on the beds were unsuitable for this time of year as they were low tog...

In the morning, we were served a rather small breakfast and also noted that the cutlery was not clean.

It took a while to find a hotel in the area we were working and wished now we had spent a little more time looking.... Disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business