“Great hotel for Finsbury Park events”

Best Western London Highbury
Ranked #553 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Booked a family room as we were seeing Arctic Monkeys in Finsbury Park. Upgraded to a 2 bed flat adjacent which was clean and comfortable and with a lot more space than a family room. It was unbelievably convenient for the gig - just across the road. The hotel was well prepared in terms of having a big event on the doorstep - passes issued to get in and out of the hotel during the evening. Continental breakfast OK. Feel we got great value

Room Tip: Flat was great if you can get one for the price of a family room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Peter N, General Manager at Best Western London Highbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear 23031961

Many thanks for your positive review via Tripadvisor!

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed both the concert and our Best Western Highbury experience.

Please be assured that I will share your compliments with my team and yes, our thorough planning and organizing in anticipation of big crowds during the concert, pays off.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Your sincerely

Reviewed 15 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I needed a hotel near to Moorefields at St Annes Eye hospital and this one fitted the bill.
It was close by and good value.
Although on the main road the traffic noise was less than the room doors shutting noisily!
The rooms were well appointed, clean and the wash-room facilities were very good. If I have a complaint it is that they have those silly soap dispensers screwed to the wall. Take a bar of soap and your own shower gel.
Car parking was a bonus, £10 per night, on site.
Limited food availability, but plenty of great restaurants within easy distance.
The reception staff were very helpul and friendly. Yes, a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrew B

Thanks you so much for your very kind words following your stay with us at the Best Western London Highbury Hotel and we are glad our location is to your preference.

My Maintenance Manager joins me in apologising for the faulty door closures of certain rooms and an audit had since been performed upon receiving your valuable feedback.

The hand and bath gels are a result of a survey provided by majority of our travellers whom finds them convenient, however, I am sorry this was not to your liking.

As you rightly pointed out, a cluster of restaurants within the vicinity are a mere 5 minutes walk from the hotel, however, a full range of delicious take away menus are made available to our guests should they choose to dine in the comfort of their own room plus a selection of sandwich and pies are also available for sale at the reception, if they wish to go for a lighter option for dinner.

Please be assured that I will share your compliments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

With warmest wishes,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is well located, not in the city center, but very close to tube and bus, with very frequent services, easing the access to any city location.

Room a bit small, very clean with a simple but efficient furniture.
Breakfast OK, but limited in terms of diversity.
All the staff was very nice and helpful.

Shortly: the hotel was what you could expect from a good *** hotel.
The price was not a bargain, but for London, it seems a reasonable deal.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front side, facing the Park, have better view, but the busy road can disturb your s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Peter N, General Manager at Best Western London Highbury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Tuga2005

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was pleased that you favored the location and the transport services in the area.

Sincere gratitude for recognizing the housekeeping team; they are responsible for the upkeep of the hotel and I am so pleased that their endeavors have not escaped your keen eye.

Whilst rooms of the same categories are of similar sizes, we do however have rooms whereby one can upgrade for a supplement.

We believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day thus providing a continental spread that is ‘plentiful’ both in quantity and variety for all our guests to last through the morning.

Regarding your feedback about the team we have at the hotel I have passed on your kind words to them. They are very much appreciated. Please do come and visit us again soon.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here 16 April - Room 201. Directly behind Reception. Family of 5.

Check in - Perfectly Pleasant and Efficient.
Room - Good Size for a Family of 5.
Two Double beds and a single, plenty of room and enough tea and coffee etc.

I was worried about sleep quality and noise as we were just behind reception. We slept well although I don't know whether it was noisy, we were just knackered from a days walking in the
the "smoke".

Now the not so go points.

Room Book information. Pretty Useless for us. 5 or 6 pages. (in my opinion it should be much more comprehensive.
Bathroom - Tiny Bath. My small 11 year old daughters couldn't even lie down in it. We were looking forward to a long relaxing soak. Useless from that point of view. Didn't try the shower although the shower head needed a good clean. However water was hot for all of us which was plus.

Glass shower screen also needed a good clean rather than a cat's lick and a promise.!

Here's the worse bit. There is a 1" lip on the floor between the room and the bathroom. My daughter stubbed her toe on arrival and I did it in the morning so it wasn't for great walking round London later although the paracetamol helped.

Breakfast - Continental Conveyor belt stuff - Acceptable I suppose. But orange juice from a
machine. Mmm.!

We weren't asked when we checked out if we enjoyed our stay which I think sums it all up.

Acceptable Efficient Mediocrity........ My pet hate.!

I don't quite get the Best Western Highbury Tag. It's in Finsbury Park.!! Perhaps it is my knowledge of geography or maybe it's marketing.!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jonathan j

Dear Jonathan J

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

First and foremost, I am extremely concerned to learn of the mishap your daughter had encountered in the room and for this I sincerely apologise and I hope she is feeling better now. As a result of your feedback, we had since included a noticeable but discreet strip across the bathroom floor to avoid future incident.

I am delighted to read that you were happy with the check-in process and our spacious family rooms were able to accommodate your entire family, but unfortunately, the bathroom size was not up to your expectations. The check-out process had also been reviewed and checking stay quality before departure is part of our brand standards and will be re-iterated to all concerned.

Please be informed we are constantly updating and adding vital information in our guest room directory with events in the area on a separate sheet and our staff are also fully trained on providing professional hotel and concierge services.

I have also spoken to the chambermaid and housekeeping supervisor, both whom join me in apologising for the lapse of service regarding the bathroom standards, however rest assured this area of cleaning and inspection had been re-visited and procedures in place to avoid future re-occurrences.

My maintenance team were all smiles to learn you had a good warm shower whilst staying with us and it seems their daily boiler checks are have not gone un-noticed.

I have been in talks with the juice supplier in providing me with a report and recommendation in further improving the quality of our juices but I believe what you had experienced was an isolated incident. In the meantime, my breakfast team had been informed of your feedback and they will endeavor to also increase the quality checks of the juice dispenser.

Thank you again for your feedback and we really hope that we can get the chance to look after you and your family again.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here starting 7th April for 2 nights. As a family of five we struggle to find one room accommodation but I must say this was one of the more pleasant hotels offering family rooms we have come across. Check in was the most quick and efficient we have ever experienced with a very friendly, helpful member of staff. The room was small but did exactly what it needed to, clean enough with plenty of towels and lots of tv channels for our comfortable nights in, great wifi access and the car was parked safely right outside our window. Only thing I would suggest is a new carpet for the room as its very old and a tad grubby. Continental breakfast was all lovely and fresh and the staff kept the dining area very clean, we did miss our usual hotel hot breakfast but all set off for our days out with full tummys so can complain. On our second night the electric in our room tripped out, we did have everything but the kitchen sink on charge and we were actually impressed that it safely cut out. We notified reception and they dealt with it within minutes. Very impressed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lisabrian 5

Thanks you so much for your very kind words following your stay with us at the Best Western London Highbury Hotel.

I was extremely touched by them and have already shared them with my team. To run a hotel, one needs a team that are hardworking and take pride in what they do and I am so proud of each and every one of them and receiving such positive comments are indeed the best job satisfaction for all of us here.

We look forward to your next visit to us and please do let me know if you require any further assistance at any time.

Thank you.