“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #496 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We arrived early in the morning in this hotel so we couldn't check in directly but the staff told us to have breakfast first while we're waiting for a clean room. It was top service, never had it before. The breakfast was great. The first time I learned eating weetabix, here and since then I love it. The location is not in the city centre but it's just 5 minutes walk from Newbury Park Station. Sure I will be back to this hotel again when I visit London.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
West London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We needed a Saturday night late stay near Chigwell and were finding it hard to find anything reasonable and reliable; the new Holiday Inn built for the Olympics (near Newbury Park central line) worked well. Close to the junction with A12 and the North Circular it was easy to get to from the west, (North Circular all the way) offered free parking and was a no fuss / professional overnight stay. The weekend room rate of £100/ night gave us a comfortable, clean room on the top floor which was quiet (full double glazed) and so a good night sleep.
The staff were helpful and respectful. We were given shower cap and sewing kit from reception when we asked and breakfast (okay & included) on the first floor lobby area was light and practical.
Some teething problems with the room key, but that is not unusual for this type of key system.
When the hotel gets more worn I would find the room rate a bit high but at the moment it seemed about right. The surrounding area is industrial (out of town retail, but with a Big Mac) so this is somewhere you would travel from rather than go out close to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Standard Holiday Inn with exceptional staff and great views of London looking to the east.
I stayed there with work for just under 3 months.

Pro -
Exceptional staff that couldnt do more for you.
Morning views from the top of the hotel of the sunlight breaking over london from afar.
Close to the District line , being around 30 minutes by tube to central London

Con-
Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn fare

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors overlooking London
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris V
Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Me and my friend are currently staying at this lovely hotel until 16th February 2014. Our room 7** is a very nice twin room, very cozy and comfortable. The beds are superb, the pillows are nice, free wifi in the room works flawlessly and the free breakfast is great. Thanks to Claudia, our housekeeping service lady who did a wonderful job in cleaning our room, tidying up our bed, changing our towels and renewing tea/nescafe supply on daily basis. Our check in was fast and smooth thanks to Ms. Pruskova, the reception officer. Newbury Park tube station is just 3 to 5 minutes away and there are lots of shops to buy foods and drinks nearby at a very cheap price. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting London just like us due to our great experience and also due to the best price rate this hotel offered us.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank fizizulkifli
North East
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is good as the last holiday inn i stayed at in liverpool centre nice clean well run very nice staff 5 mins from tube station but on a very busy main road yes there is road noise 24/7 we stayed 3 nights and on the 3rd night we final got use to the traffic noise lol but next time its ear plugs for us will i stay again .............YES.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was booked in here by my company for three nights and having stayed many times in HIE hotels I knew what to expect, which is a reasonable hotel with good facilities.

The hotel is on a very busy road, but I got onto the quieter side (East) but still slept with ear plugs in.

My room was clean and everything worked and the shower was also good, the menu for evening meals are fairly limited but adequate for a short stay, on my first night the wifi was not working in the hotel.

My biggest gripe was that as I was checking in I was told that I had to either pay a £50 cash deposit or a £30 deposit on a card, when I enquired why this was I was informed that it was 'in case I damage anything in the room' I asked the receptionist if he meant it was pre authorisation for meals as the room was paid for, and he reiterated that it was a deposit in case of damage, to say I was supprised is an understatement, in the hundreds of hotels I have stayed in I have never been told that, I even suggested that as an IHG Rewards member it did not look good that they did not trust their business customers, he just said it was company policy, he did not actually seem to know what my IHG Rewards card was.

So I'm working for the same client in Romford this week, and guess what? I'm staying in a different hotel, one where the customer is valued.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Julio-Marques1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Chris P.,
I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback in relation to your recent stay with us.
I can only appreciate the great comments made to the hotel and staff alike, unfortunately the only aspect that we fell short have nothing to do with the hotel services but in contrary to do with hotel policies. I do apologise if the deposit requirement fell short on your expectations, we do require a deposit in case of any accidentals even if the room is fully pre-paid. This because we can not discriminate against other guests that maybe are in a different situation then yours, its a matter of being fair and having equal treatment to everyone visiting our hotel.

Julio Marques
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Newbury Park Holiday Inn Express for almost two weeks. Here are my thoughts;
Check in was superb, was given a free wifi code and asked whether I would like to become a hotel member. Speedy and polite service offered with a smile.
Rooms were as clean as could be, I was a little surprised when I was told the hotel is seven years old as it looks almost brand new.
Breakfast was actually pretty good as well, a large variety considering it's a continental with a few hot items.
Dinner I can't comment on as I didn't consume any.
Location is ok, it was ten minutes from where I needed to get too so I can't complain. Although, the area is very plain with not much to do.

Only downfall was the taxi driver. To be honest it's the first time I have been to a hotel where the taxi driver lounges around making offensive remarks to the staff working on the premises as if protecting his territory. Be careful as he approached me a couple of times whilst I was eating breakfast, trying to persuade me to pay extortionate prices for trips to airports.
Why doesn't the management do something about this as it's the only thing making the hotel look shabby.
That was my only disappointment which will make me think twice before coming back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Julio-Marques1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear long_crusade,
Thank you for your kind words related to your stay at Holiday Inn Express Newbury Park.
Your comments were shared with the team and their were trilled about it.

Regarding the taxi driver I can assure you that similar situation won't happen again.

Kind regards