“Great Find”

Ambassador Restaurant
Ranked #15,500 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Diner, French, Italian, Lebanese, Moroccan
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Ambassador restaurant is an authentic Mediterranean cuisine at it's finest under the ownership of Philippe. A welcoming and a warm ambiance make it unique and the perfect place to eat in a relaxing atmosphere whether it's for business lunch, catching up with friends or just relaxing at the end of a busy day.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

after spending ages wandering round looking at places to eat, most of which were overpriced and a rip off, came across Ambassador Restaurant. The only place we found where veg came with the actual meal. Quite an ecclectic mix on the menu. I had tagine, other half spaghetti carbonara. Excellent service. Friendly waitress. Good food - so good we came back the next evening ! I'd the sea bass - yes a couple of bones in it - with crushed potato and spinach. Very tasty Was the full fillet and not half. I think it was £12 - some other places were charging £23 with no veg ! Other half had spaghetti again. Would defo go back if in London.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had dinner on 24.6.14. I had the chicken in white wine sauce, which had a nice taste but unfortunately it was completely overpowered by the huge amount of pepper put on the dish. The fries were not evenly cooked and looked like they came from the freezer. Our bill contained a service charge although there were only two of us. To top it off, the service was incredibly slow.

1  Thank Kroberts_10
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Asked to speak to the chef for the first time ever in my life because I was genuinely appalled. Ordered the hummus and sea bass; hummus was fine (out of a container most likely, with a whole lot of oil drizzled on it) but the sea bass was inexcusable. My first bite was a mouthful of bones and so many bones thereafter. The fish was hairy!! What fish has hair?! The waitress seemed brand new and so eager to please so I feel genuinely bad for her. Management really needs to step it up! Also as an aside, the waitress pouring/making drinks and washing cups right next to the tables is inexcusable. Hire a dishwasher to work downstairs or behind the scenes and hire a bartender!

3  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Excellent service and great food even for my picky American 14 year old. The hummus is to die for. Great atmosphere in the quiet shepherds market.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Walking round Shepherds market on cold and wet evening when we found this little gem. Small venue, excellent value for money. Food piping hot and reasonable priced wine.