“Best hotel experience in all Europe!”

Fraser Suites Queens Gate
Ranked #418 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Curitiba, PR
“Best hotel experience in all Europe!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Right after making the reservations, I emailed the hotel asking for apartment 205, as I had read a review highlighting all its advantages. Not only did I get a very fast reply but they were also able to to accommodate our request. My husband and I stayed there for 9 nights and couldn't have asked for more: the underground station is one and a half block away as well the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert; there are nice restaurants nearby and Kensington Gardens are within walking distance.
The room makes for a chapter of its own: great bed (sorry guys, buy I couldn't disagree more with the bad comments on the mattress!); wonderful shower, with nice amenities; kitchen area with everything one could ever need and/or expect, from a washing machine to microwave and refrigerator. If you get a deal for about US$ 240, don't think twice!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tanyakk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 1 April 2014

First let me say that this is a very clean, stylish hotel. I'm going to start with a bit of background on how my trip went and how it was handled by the staff, so if this happens to you you won't be surprised (and disappointed) like I was.

I was originally scheduled to arrive in London on 24 March 2014, but my flight out of Houston was delayed, then ultimately cancelled. I emailed Fraser Suites as soon as the flight was cancelled and informed them that I would be arriving the next day and would subsequently be extending my stay by one extra day. They emailed back promptly, and said "no problem". Well, while they did accommodate the extra day on the end of my vacation, I was informed when I arrived, that I would have to pay the £149 for the night I wasn't there, and would have to pay the additional £149 for the night that was added at the end of the trip. With no sympathy, and no consideration, they would not budge, and I was forced to pay for the night I wasn't there, because I didn't give them 48 hour notice. Hello? My flight was cancelled, and without a space time continuum contraption, there was no way they would have gotten a 24 hour notice, much less a 48 hour notice. I feel that a hotel of this size and scope should have forgiven the night that I couldn't (by no fault of my own) be there. They unapologetically did not.

I booked this hotel 8 months out, after much thought and research, and on most things it delivers. I'd requested an upper room away from the busy Cromwell Road. I received a lower level (as in the basement) LG-04 right next to the elevator and directly across from the room where the maid service was located. Also, there was an apparent family of elephants residing in the room above me. If you want to sleep past 7am or want to nap (as I tried) from my jet lag, this will not be possible in this room. I complained shortly after check-in and was told that there were no other rooms available and I would be stuck there until at least later in the week. So, don't bother making special requests, as they are apparently ignored. On the plus side, the noise from Cromwell Road is barely detectable, probably because of the double glazed windows.

The room was very nicely appointed and modern. Kitchen had a Bosch toaster, tea maker, stove, microwave, refrigerator with a small freezer, and a washer dryer combo unit. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nicely done as well. Also, the room had a iron with ironing board and a hair dryer. Tip: when looking for the hair dryer, look in the closet in one of the drawers.

The hotel is located about a 5 minute walk from the Glocester Road tube station, but bear in mind that you will be hauling your luggage, and there is one fairly significant flight of stairs in the tube station, so leave your kitchen sink at home. There is also a nice grocery store located right beside this tube station with a nice selection of food, beer and wine.

The hotel has a pretty decent breakfast spread, and a bar.

Vijay and staff were helpful and professional, but as I wrote above, left something to be desired in guest relations.

I would like to say I'd stay here again, but I'd probably go else where for fear that I'd get a similar room and sleep would be nearly impossible.

Good effort, lovely hotel, near miss.

Enjoy London and mind the gap!

Room Tip: Don't bother requesting, because it's unlikely they will be honored.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank mexblast
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from a week stay at the Fraser Suites Queens Gate. Stayed in one of the studios - the kitchenette while small was well equipped with everything you would need for simple meals - microwave, refrigerator, 2 burner stove, toaster and electric kettle. The bathroom was spacious by European standards and nicely appointed. Bed was very comfortable and the room was incredibly quiet. Location cannot be beat - 1 block to Gloucester Rd. tube station with a Waitrose and Boots next door. Across from the tube station is Pauls (for croissants and coffee) and the Hereford Arms just down from that. Suited are needs beautifully - I would definitely recommend this for those looking for clean and comfortable lodging in London!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kinkora
Steenokkerzeel, Brabant, Belgium
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I will certainly re-book this hotel next time I am in London. The room was very clean and spacious. The staff was extremely helpful by giving me more information about the neighborhood and arranging a taxi in the morning (you might want to consider booking a taxi in advance because almost non of the taxis in London accept credit cards, and if they do, you will pay a 10% surcharge. This is unbelievable for a city like London).
Nearby you will find some trendy restaurants (I had dinner in WildWood, which was recommended by the hotel staff), and it's a 20 minutes walk to the Royal Albert Hall (close to Hyde Park).
So I enjoyed staying in the hotel. The air conditioning in the room is a bit noisy, you might need to switch it off during night.
Breakfast is basic but fresh croissants and orange juice is available.

Room Tip: I had a room on the ground floor, but no noise issues from the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DirkChristiaens
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Great stay, very confortable and convenient, easily reached by Metro. You have the comfort of an apartment with all you need yet it is serviced as a hotel. Very clean and nicely refurbished. Friendly staff, This premise will be my first choice to stay, when in London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Haslantas
The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This apartment hotel is a great place to stay if you are fed up with big chain hotels that offer just the same. Not the cheapest, but from the London perspective quite reasonable. We stayed in a two room apartment, which was tastefully furbished, very functional kitchenette and great shower. Beds were really comforable. Staff was very friendly and extremely helpful, doing their very best to answer any question and provide excellent service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 62Willem
Como, Italy
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights in this hotel with my family: wife, 4 yrs old daughter and 8 months son.
Everything was perfect: nice room, clean, very new, very well equipped. Fraser's Staff was very nice and supportive with us and our childrens. I suggest this hotel also for the location: close to the tube, close to museum, harrods just a 10 minutes walk, restaurants at 5 minutes distance.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family