“Doesn't stand out”

Ranked #289 of 22,671 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A burger restaurant inspired by great british produce.
“Doesn't stand out”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

A really nice interior with great local beer options and other nice drinks. Staff were great too. Burgers were good although there is so much competition in london that, for me, it didn't stand out. However that's not to say it's not worth a visit. Chips are a nice change from the average chip. Go! But there are others in london I prefer

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Great Burger - Honestly.!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'm going to try and visit every one of the top burger joints in London over the next couple of years and this is the third I've tried.

Having waited at the bar with a still(?!) ginger beer, they initially put us downstairs on a warm Sunday afternoon but it was a little stark and had no atmosphere (or music) at all so we insisted on a seat back upstairs. It's a funky little place and the music's just at the right level and light streams through the many windows - all good.

I ordered the Tribute Burger, bacon, cheese, burger sauce, mustard and pickles - I loved it. Juicy, good quality beef, devoured in minutes. One criticism - the pickles are too salty for my liking. We also had smoked onion rings and apple coleslaw for sides which were both good except for the onion rings being a little too greasy. The fries were just ok for me though my wife loved 'em.

I won't review my wife's meal, she had the veggie burger - what is the matter with her.?!!

• Visited May 2014
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“good burgers!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

chips are amazing!! and the gin cocktail was lovely and great value , loved the atmosphere and would recommend it to anyone.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, good burger. ”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Remenber I have always been a big fan of honest burger. The first time I had it was at the Soho HB. Luckily, theres one opened right besides where I live!!! The first time I went there, of course, was the first day of its opening. I got the burgers served for free. Tbh, I am a bit disppointed about the fries since its not as good and perky as the ones served at Soho. And the cheese burger is lack of cheese.... But in general it's a good place to go, and less queuing up than the one down at Soho

“Amazing burgers”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We visited on a Saturday lunchtime, and the restaurant was consistently busy, but there was never a wait for tables. The restaurant is fairly small, but the tables are laid out really well, so you're not seated right next to other diners.

The menu is simple and only has a few different options, but the food is amazing. The burgers are cooked to perfection and so juicy; the buns are soft and really light to eat; and the chips are delicious - skinny, without being too skinny, really tasty with the added seasoning, and a plentiful portion.

The service was good and our food arrived really quickly after placing our order, even though the restaurant was full.

The only improvements we would suggest would be to increase the selection of soft drinks available - milkshakes or additional flavor fruit juices would be a very welcome addition on the menu - and to maybe change the ketchup bottles to squeezy bottles, rather than the glass bottles as I noticed a few others struggling with these.

This is definitely my new favourite burger restaurant and won't hesitate to return.

• Visited April 2014