“Architecture stunning - but menu uninspiring”
Review of The Magazine

The Magazine
Ranked #6,760 of 23,226 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Having walked through Hyde Park to the restaurant for lunch, I was rather disappointed with the menu.
I would have liked more choice of little starters or even a sharing plate recommended by the chef,
and a menu a little less formal at lunch time.
But beautifully presented Japanese Fusion Cuisine with excellent service.
Loved the atmosphere and attention to detail. And I will certainly come again in the evening.

Shame we were unable to sit outside, but I was informed that they were looking in to this.
Hopefully the locals dog walkers will be allowed to have coffee outside when the sun shines !

There are newer reviews for The Magazine

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Everything was so special! Delicious food, Wonderful location and very nice Service! The next Time im visiting London, ill be visit the Restaurant as well! Thank you

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was called the day before to check the booking, which was a good sign. Having arrived we were taken by the funky design of the building, very impressive. Warmly greeted, the staff throughout the evening were attentive without being intrusive. The service was excellent without exception. We enjoyed a set three course meal for £35 including a cocktail and this tasting menu was excellently prepared and presented. I had a sushi selection as a starter, my wife has an excellent misu soup, we then both has an excellent seared pork dish and ended with sharing the two deserts on offer.
The location is right in the middle of Hyde Park, and if you drive, there is ample parking directly opposite, how often can you say that about a London restaurant?

1  Thank LarryGS
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Magazine is one of those places you generally don't just stumble upon, so it tends to be quite quiet during the week, but Thursday, Friday and Saturday it is very busy. The space itself is a real visual treat…. sleek design, textured ceilings and exposed brickwork. Currently there is a special set menu for £35 which is a great intro offer…. the food itself was delicious and beautifully presented. Very flexible with the sushi platter starters to accommodate allergies and individual taste. The miso cod for main was also truly amazing. Definitely a great place only annoying aspect was the walk from Lancaster Gate tube which took nearly 15 mins in the dark, so def arrive by taxi next time.

2  Thank london_travel_guru
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I reviewed (favourably) this restaurant last month but commented on the lack of soft furnishings which made it very noisy. Well, since then, they've laid carpet over the main dining area, presumably to help deaden the noise. I'm not sure it's very successful (it's still noisy) and I imagine the carpets will quickly deteriorate as diners drop food and scrape their chairs on them. However, the food was as interesting and tasty as before. My partner and I both had the mushroom omelette as a starter – yummy and quite large for a starter. We then had different pork dishes, again delicious and with an Asian twist. And once again, the meal (with coffees and a carafe of wine) came in under £100 including service charge. I'm sure well be back for a third time next time we're visiting the Serpentine Gallery.

1  Thank LynfromBrighton