“Convenience”
Review of Aquarius Hotel

Aquarius Hotel
Ranked #1,016 of 1,071 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Convenient location but that's about all it has going for it. Would hate to be there were a fire escape required. The top floor is a challenge with bags as there is no lift. Nothing wrong with the cleanliness.

Room Tip: These rooms are small
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
There are newer reviews for Aquarius Hotel

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Room Tip: Better beds and bedding, new sound proof windows, a kettle so guests and make a tea or coffee and sm...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Let's be honest and clear to the point: this hotel is shabby and not that clean. I've been to british "budget" hotels like this before, so i am aware that there's the anti-hygienic carpeting everywhere (guys all over britain... please switch to tiles or wood!!!), but this hotel really was BAD. The carpeting looked unclean, the bathroom had some signs of mold between tiles, the curtains were old and stained and so were the bed covers. NO, NO and NO.
It made me feel uncomfortable to be in the room, and that's not what i want to feel like, when i am in my "home away from home".

To make things worse, the place was really cold - the heater was only half-working (i made it notice to the staff, but they said it's normal and that other costumers complained it was too hot, which i don't believe at all), and the window was not closing properly so i had ghasts of wind keeping me freezing. NO, NO and NO again.

The location, though, is awesome, just one minute away from the Earl's Court station serving Piccailly and Central Lines, which is great. And the whole area is really cool, with lots of restaurants and stuff.
But, still, i wouldn't suggest this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are probably better. I was staying in one facing the train line (i had no cl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This budget hotel is still offering a great deal for anyone who want a 'no frills' place to stay. I have stayed here many times and would say everytime it is ideal as a base to get your head down, clean towels and linen, hot water, and a basic breakfast for 40 pounds a night, they don't inflate their prices for holiday periods, and take no fees upfront. Look carefully at their website, they do what they say they do, this is essentially a hostel with private facilities, but it is good value

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 17 November 2013

You know, if this was less than 20 pounds a night I would give this 5 stars. It's the perfect down and out flophouse of my dreams. I don't think there is even a right angle in the whole building! The bathroom was tiled a beautiful turquoise blue sometime when David Bowie was in the charts (Heroes period I think) and I don't think the rooms are ever vacuumed. However, they are warm and dry. I would advise anyone staying here or in a similar dive to bring their own sleeping bag, although I can't say I was bitten whilst sleeping.

GOOD SIDE: right next to Earls Court station so zone 2 and great transport links into town. Really lively area, nice and friendly people, lots of good asian/indian food.

BAD SIDE: Paid 40 pounds for single: should be max. 20 pounds

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I only stayed here because I came to London for a last minute unpaid internship and was on a budget. I had read reviews on another website that made it sound and look okay, with it being central I thought I would give it a try. It's hands down one of the worst places I ever stayed in. I haven't even checked out and I felt the need to write this review.

First of all I will mention I am ill. I feel like it's down to the hotel why I am so poorly. It's FREEZING in there and I didn't even get a duvet. Just given 2 measly blankets when I left a note mentioning I was cold, the old blanket I had which I wouldn't use had holes all over it. Staff are hardly around for help hence the note. I don't know what staff think they are achieving by leaving a new towel each day, what's the point when all other amenities are poor.

I don't want to write a massive review so I will say just this... curtains are looking approx. 100 years old with holes all over, bathroom is about the size of Harry's cupboard, room smells musty, lights flicker like a horror movie, window is very drafty, TV looks like a microwave it's so old and it's creaky as hell.

I could go on but I think you get it. It's basically just really dirt ridden. Also, I am 5'3 and if I layed on the bed width ways the room is a few inches bigger than me. I wont even mention the breakfast because I am terrified to try it.

Only plus is location.

Room Tip: Don't travel alone in this hotel, it's a lonely place. If you are risking it, take some comp...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I assumed the accommodations would be cramped since it is in London, but it was still awful. The location (Earl's Court) is awesome however it is not worth staying in this hotel there. Scary water leakage in ceilings, food left in fridge from previous customer. It was disgusting! Plus room was right next to a train track that went all night. Workers working on the other train track made even more noise than the train! Everything just seemed dirty. Highly recommend NOT staying here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple