Dolphin House Serviced Apartments
Ranked #336 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I would love to be able to feedback on my stay, however on arrival at Dolphin House yesterday I was advised that there was no room available.
Despite me phoning the booking office to give my credit card details on the 27th May and being told it had all gone through OK I then received an e-mail less than 24 hours before my check in time advising me my room had been released to someone else as there had been a problem with payment. This e-mail arrived after I had left work so I did not receive it.

No contact was made via phone, despite Dolphin House having my phone number, and the reception at Dolphin House were very unhelpful.

I was told that this would be raised with the deputy manager who would investigate why standard processes were not followed in your booking office and you would then advise if anything could be done to compensate me. Clearly this was not done as the following day I received an e-mail from the deputy manager asking if I had enjoyed my stay…….

Fortunately my usual hotel St.James Court was available for a last minute reservation, not that Dolphin House reception desk cared, they clearly wanted the problem (me) to go away. (I can totally recommend St.James Court)

Dolphin House booking office were so incompetent I will be checking that payment hasn’t been accidentally taken.

The service I received at Dolphin House was truly terrible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank becks2130
WayneMortensen, Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Becks2130, whilst it is most unfortunate you were not able to stay and experience the village living environment here at Dolphin House, I am satisfied that the reservations team made every effort to facilitate your stay with us.
On May 20th we received the advance purchase reservation that had been made online, and on the same day we tried to charge the credit card number supplied (advanced purchase bookings are discounted rates that are charged at the time of booking), the credit card declined. The Phone number provided was a landline – the reservation team called the number without success. A further attempt was made to charge the credit card on May 23rd; again the Credit card declined. The reservation team sent an email on the same day, they did not receive a reply. Two further phone calls were made without success. Finally after not being able to make contact, nor process payment, the booking had to be cancelled. An email was sent to notify that as we were not able to process payment nor make contact, we were left with the unfortunate choice of having to cancel the booking.
The details provided: credit card, email address and phone number were input online by the individual making the booking, and if there was an error with the booking I cannot subscribe blame to the Dolphi House team, and as mentioned I am satisfied every effort was made to contact you.
Should you wish me to expand further or if I may assist with a future booking, please do contact me on wayne.mortensen@dolphinsquare.co.uk
Kind Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very swift check in and really pleasant chap on the reception desk. Very impressed with our apartment, seemed a shame just to be there for one night, would have been happy to stay a week! Was a little noisy around 2am but the hotel can't be blamed for inconsiderate guests. Would definitely stay again as good central location in safe area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WayneMortensen, Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I cannot thank you enough for your glowing feedback. I was delighted your comments and that we still meet and even exceed your expecations on each stay. It is the great team I have here that make this hotel so special and I have already passed on your kind words to them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - hopefully for more than one night!
Kind regards,
Wayne Mortensen
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We recently enjoyed a one night stay at the Dolphin House apartments.. We were pleasantly surprised at how perfect the location was.. a quiet area but so close to the Pimlico tube station which gives easy access to all London attractions.. the apartment itself was very spacious and clean and the beds were super comfortable. We have already recommended this to friends and family

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised to find a one bedroom apartment with separate lounge, kitchenette and one of the biggest bathrooms I've ever seen

Not so impressed with the on site shops which overcharged for out of date chocolate which any woman will tell you is disappointing

Take your swimwear and take advantage of the free pool and steam room

Home from home when you need to stay away for work

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked a studio apartment, but was upgraded. The rooms were clean, large and comfortable. The bed was a king size and so comfortable. It was well located for sightseeing, in a quiet area of London. My room was on the fourth floor and had a great view of the London skyline. Absolutely perfect........... Only 1 small complaint........ £10 for 24 hour wifi!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Colwyn10
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here with my family. Dolphin House provided a great central London base for our theatre trip. It is in the centre, but in a tranquil oasis. Pimlico tube is close by, as our beautiful river walks and the Tate. Room was nicely furnished and there was plenty of space to kick back and relax. We are definitely going back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ibryant1965
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I needed a quiet location in London which I could base myself to see clients from around the world to conduct private readings and a small development workshop.

The Dolphin Serviced Apartments seemed to be perfectly located.

On arrival I was greeted in a wonderfully professional way, being given a good explanation about the facilities as a guest were available to me; wish I had had the time to use the gum and everything else there but a busy schedule this occasion prevented it. The reception in Dolphin Square itself appears newly refurbished to a high specification and looks very classy.

The apartment I had booked was one of the one bedroomed apartments it was on the 6th floor in the corner overlooking Pimlico School. On entering the apartment I found a clean, bright and airy apartment. Clean with beautiful linen in the bedroom and also the bathroom had lovely fluffy pure white towels. In my opinion a wonderful luxury, the bathroom itself was the size of some hotel rooms. When I ran the hot water I got a reminder that the water taken from the Westminster water reserves have a high mineral content and can on initial running appears orange, its fine to use and runs clear after a few minutes.

The sofa was comfortable, the only concern I have or criticism would be that the dinning chairs were a tittle wobbly.

The bed was comfortable and I slept soundly with no sounds from any of the apartments around.

Despite the location there was very little noise to disturb my conducting both the readings for my clients and a developmental meditation and workshop.

Would I go back there again yes definitely if I can find a good price deal on them again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business