Dolphin House Serviced Apartments
Hotel 41(London)
US$880
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
galahotels.com
US$371
US$351
1,331 results
All reviewspimlico tube stationdolphin squareone bedroom apartmentvictoria lineliving roomdry cleanerssmall kitchenswimming poolwashing machinetate britainthese apartmentssash windowsa quiet residential areafull kitchenapartment was cleansauna and steam roomkitchen area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Rooms are pretty boring and basic. Smokers go outside to smoke and sit on steps below, however when your windows are open due to no A/C, smoke rises and pours in through the open windows. Watch when paying for the Wi/Fi internet, we originally paid for 3 days, however they cut it off after 2.5, so complained and got a days worth back (not very good for emails if running a business away from home). Shower temperature was too hot and you can't really control it easily. No power points in bathroom for electric shavers or hair dryers. Reception staff are not so friendly and do not know their craft - this is their job! Asked where basic things were in the city, and they could not tell us; they did not really want to be there we think; laughed when we were asking for washing powder. No freezer section in fridge. The fridge gets that cold, that the glass water bottles crack and break (quite common when we mentioned it to the staff). It had a great little supermarket, grocers' and Deli down stairs that was very handy. We are not coming back; there must be better accommodation who look after you from the first minute and actually want you there. Definitely overpriced. Quite disappointed, recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg B B
WayneMortensen, Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback, which is genuinely important to us in evaluating the service and facilities of our hotel. I would very much like to have the opportunity to speak to you in person regarding your experience and will endeavour to get in contact at the earliest opportunity.
I do feel it is pertinent that I respond on the issues you highlighted as our commitment to listening and reacting to the feedback of our guests are an integral part of our service philosophy.
Kind Regards,
Wayne Mortensen
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Dolphin house. The staff were all obliging, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The pillows were down and feather. ....lovely. We had access to a laundry to attend to our own personal washing and we enjoyed breakfast and evening meals from the on site restaurant. Dolphin House is located a short walk from the tube in a nice safe neighborhood. Will stay again and recommend to family and friends

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn S

Thank you for choosing Dolphin House and for taking the time to write your review. We were delighted to note you found our village living in central London suitable to your needs.feedback We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sincerely, Wayne Mortensen

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed overnight in Room 15, which, contrary to the website description of 'luxury accommodation', was in fact basic; hot; and uncomfortable.

The room was extremely warm and stuffy after a hot day in London, however there was no air conditioning unit in the room, only a small oscilating desk fan which creaked with every turn (there was no way to turn the oscillation off). The room was also on the ground floor with all windows opening directly onto the street outside, meaning these couldn't be left open overnight to allow cool air to circulate in the room.

Although I'd booked a king-sized bed, I was disappointed to find that instead of a king-sized mattress, it was just two twins pushed together. Although I accept this practice isn't exclusive to this particular hotel, it still nonetheless means you cannot sleep in the middle of the bed as you would be laying on the join.

Given the heat in the room and no safe way to ventilate it other than the creaky fan, I didn't have a decent night's sleep. The bright hallway lights don't dim during the night, leaving a bright halo effect around the doorframe and through the peep-hole.

Although the room was clean and tidy, the television was small and dated and didn't show a terribly decent picture. The freeview EPG was very difficult to use as the text was so blurred. The bathroom was large and clean, and had clearly been refitted recently.

Wi-Fi was available in the room at a charge of £10 per night, however you can also pick up BT FON Wi-Fi which is cheaper at just £6 for 24 hours use (or free if you have BT Broadband of course).

The continental breakfast was served in a separate building, which wouldn't be pleasant to walk to if it were raining. The breakfast service was efficient and the staff bring hot beverages and toast to your table. The quality of the continental breakfast is decent, but limited in range. Eggs, omelettes, bacon etc. are ordered separately and are chargeable.

I certainly won't return to the hotel again; I feel you can get much more value for money and a higher standard of accommodation elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I would love to be able to feedback on my stay, however on arrival at Dolphin House yesterday I was advised that there was no room available.
Despite me phoning the booking office to give my credit card details on the 27th May and being told it had all gone through OK I then received an e-mail less than 24 hours before my check in time advising me my room had been released to someone else as there had been a problem with payment. This e-mail arrived after I had left work so I did not receive it.

No contact was made via phone, despite Dolphin House having my phone number, and the reception at Dolphin House were very unhelpful.

I was told that this would be raised with the deputy manager who would investigate why standard processes were not followed in your booking office and you would then advise if anything could be done to compensate me. Clearly this was not done as the following day I received an e-mail from the deputy manager asking if I had enjoyed my stay…….

Fortunately my usual hotel St.James Court was available for a last minute reservation, not that Dolphin House reception desk cared, they clearly wanted the problem (me) to go away. (I can totally recommend St.James Court)

Dolphin House booking office were so incompetent I will be checking that payment hasn’t been accidentally taken.

The service I received at Dolphin House was truly terrible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank becks2130
WayneMortensen, Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Becks2130, whilst it is most unfortunate you were not able to stay and experience the village living environment here at Dolphin House, I am satisfied that the reservations team made every effort to facilitate your stay with us.
On May 20th we received the advance purchase reservation that had been made online, and on the same day we tried to charge the credit card number supplied (advanced purchase bookings are discounted rates that are charged at the time of booking), the credit card declined. The Phone number provided was a landline – the reservation team called the number without success. A further attempt was made to charge the credit card on May 23rd; again the Credit card declined. The reservation team sent an email on the same day, they did not receive a reply. Two further phone calls were made without success. Finally after not being able to make contact, nor process payment, the booking had to be cancelled. An email was sent to notify that as we were not able to process payment nor make contact, we were left with the unfortunate choice of having to cancel the booking.
The details provided: credit card, email address and phone number were input online by the individual making the booking, and if there was an error with the booking I cannot subscribe blame to the Dolphi House team, and as mentioned I am satisfied every effort was made to contact you.
Should you wish me to expand further or if I may assist with a future booking, please do contact me on wayne.mortensen@dolphinsquare.co.uk
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very swift check in and really pleasant chap on the reception desk. Very impressed with our apartment, seemed a shame just to be there for one night, would have been happy to stay a week! Was a little noisy around 2am but the hotel can't be blamed for inconsiderate guests. Would definitely stay again as good central location in safe area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I cannot thank you enough for your glowing feedback. I was delighted your comments and that we still meet and even exceed your expecations on each stay. It is the great team I have here that make this hotel so special and I have already passed on your kind words to them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - hopefully for more than one night!
Kind regards,