Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #95 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Greasby, Wirral
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Chose this hotel as we were attending an event at the O2 Arena. It was perfectly placed.
We arrived early but every effort was made to accomodate us The reception staff were efficient but friendly and I really flt as if my custom mattered.We didn't have time to sample the spa facilities but I'm sure they matched the rest of the hotel/ The room (a riverview) was superb. Spotlessly clean, a huge bed which was very comfortable , Bang & Olafsun and Bose equipement abounded.. The in room fridge was very useful. The view across the river was beautiful.
The bathroom was huge, a Gorgeous free standing bath and a huge separate glass shower cubicle .
Breakfast was good every possible need catered for , plentiful and hot. We had it at the weekend rate of £9.95 instead of the usual £19.95. which was excellent.
It was a ten minute walk to Canary Wharf underground into the city and the staff were happy to organise taxis if needed . Car parking was £12.95 per day but well worth it. The Concierges could not have been more helpful..Well done Radisson. Totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Riverview room worth the little bit extra , spacious and reat to see the sun rise over the O2
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank thewirraltwosome
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Guest, I am receipt of your profound review in which i cannot thank you enough as this really does show are hard work is being recognised on such forums. Our biggest asset are the team we have, all staff across the hotel are very passionate about exceeding the expectations of our guests. I am also extremely pleased to read you booked a River Deluxe Bedroom, these rooms really do have the WOW factor and are defintely worth the upgrade when staying at the Hotel. On a return visit to the Hotel why not take advantage of our East River Spa, which is complimentary to all of our guests and will make you feel totally relaxed after such a hectic day!

Alicia Garner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 November 2011

OMG we came back from our one night anniversary treat this morning, as soon as we arrived at the hotel yesterday afternoon we were upgraded to a deluxe room facing the river! Just because I had mentioned it was our anniversary! The lady said we would get a bottle of wine as well as a present! And oh yes we did!!

As soon as we entered the room we were totally amazed at the view, the O2 was infront of us in all its glory!! The bathroom was huge like a football field and had large windows we could see the river through!! Totallyyyy amazing!!!

All the staff were very helpful, they had a car valet parking service which we were charged £12 extra for but was well worth it! We went out for our anniversary meal and called from our room that we would be down in 5m so needed someone to get our car, as soon as we got down our car was ready....

Breakfast was lovely too all helpful staff and waitresses, lots of choice and variety slightly disappointed by the English breakfast which we found a few items to be cold...

It was a truly amazing memorable stay, thanks so much everyone, ill surely be recommending this hotel to my friends and family, I have stayed In many many hotels and I must say this was pure class.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank docash99
Dear Reviewer, I would firstly like to congratulate you and your partner on your anniversary and I am extremely delighted you thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. Here at Radisson Edwardian Hotels we enjoy treating our guests on such special occasions and therefore I am delighted you was totally thrilled by the upgrade. As mentioned our River Deluxe Bedrooms benefits from floor to ceiling views over to the o2 Arena and when relaxing in the bath.
I would be delighted to welcome you back to the Hotel on your return visit to London.

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed at the Radisson for one night only for convenience as we were attending a party close by. It was really just a stop over, but it was so comfortable and the staff so helpful and friendly that we are now activiely seeking Radisson Hotels for a long trip to South America, Australia and New Zealand which we are going on shortly. Big hotels are often faceless and impersonal, but the general comfort and in particular the attitude of the staff more than compensated, and we had the feeling that you would just know what you would be getting if you booked a Radisson anywhere in the world. We liked the bathroom configuration and there were lots of interesting looking facilities that we didn't actually get a chance to use (wi fi etc) We were surprised there were no biscuits with the tea and coffee making stuff.

The bed was king size and very comfrtable.

So far as this one is concerned it is very well located for the O2 and Canary Wharf providing an unusual aspect of London for oversees visitors, although we would be inclined to take a taxi rather than walk around the area outside the hotel grounds at night. probably over cautious but the area wasn't really "buzzing " enough to feel totally safe as you might perhaps in the West End. Might be different in summer, and would not put us off staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, I am absolutely thrilled to read your comments with relevance to your recent stay here in this amazing city. It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an experience for our guests whilst in our hospitality. Here at Radisson we strive to ensure the guest is happy throughout their stay and therefore I am confident you will enjoy yourself at any of our Radisson Hotels within the world. Even though you didn't find the area 'buzzing' it is conveniently situated within close access to Canary Wharf which is a popular area for Guests to go in the evening and only a short tube ride to central London. I cannot thank you enough for your positive review and I certainly be sharing this with my colleagues.

Leeds
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed here last week and will be staying here a lot more as my new job requires me to work from Canary Wharf 2 days per week. The hotel itself is very smart, clean and modern. The room was great including the bathroom and all fixtures and fittings were clean and smart.

I ordered room service twice and both times service was prompt and on time. Breakfast delivered to my room was fresh and really good, with good size portions. There are a couple of areas for improvement. The reception staff were trainees and whilst pleasant they weren't really 4/5 star. I had an evening meal delivered to my room, steak sandwick, chips and goats cheese salad for starter. The starter was pretty good but the main sandwich was sloppy and covered in a strange tasting sauce. The chips were scarce (about 10 in all). Apart from those minor points I was pleased with the Radisson. Getting a draft beer delievered to my room and the morning shuttle to canary wharf was a real bonus.

Room Tip: Don't order steak sandwich and chips
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Traveller, I am extremely delighted of your review when staying with us and thank you for taking the time to do so. Customer care and guest satisfaction is what drives us as a company and I was pleased to a read positive review on our service levels. It is hugely gratifying to read your comments and I shall ensure to shared them with the entire team. Nevertheless as you are a returning Guest to the Hotel I would be delighted to meet with you and help with any queries you may during your stay, please contact me via the reception to do so.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I've styaed here for one night. The hotel is conveniently located both to the DLR from City Airport and to Canary Wharf offices. Nice modern, designy atmosphere in the hotel. The bathroom could be improved: the closet has no doors. and the water pressure is not what you would expect from a rain shower.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your review on the Trip Advisor website. I am also thankful you mentioned our location at the Hotel, we are ideally located close to many attractions within the area. I will take note of the comments in regards to the bathroom, however this is based on a American idea, in which whilst the clothes are hanging within the bathroom the creases therefore disappear due to the steam. Many of our Guests find this such a attraction as it saves them the job or ironing! I would very much like to welcome you back in the future.

Yorkshire
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel over Bonfire weekend in November. It was a lovely hotel with fantastic service throughout our stay. It is the closest hotel we could find to the O2 albeit as the crow flies. There is a short walk to the nearest tube station but hey, that's London!

Room Tip: Take a swimming costume to make the most of the spa.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Guest, I am in receipt of your lovely review in regards to your recent stay here over bonfire weekend, I do hope you and your girlfriend enjoyed this wonderful city and all it has to offer! As mentioned we are extremely close to the o2 Arena and also local attractions such a Westfield Shopping Centre, Excel, Tower Bridge - these can all be accessed by the nearest tube line. On return to the Hotel why not try out our exciting new cocktails offered in the Azura Bar, all freshly prepared made right in front of you this is such a treat! Once again thank you for your review and for such high ratings it is very much appreciated.

UK
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I found the staff reluctant to help when something didn't work. My towel rail did not switch on and it was a rather cold evening. I was told this would be dealt with on a number of occasions but I this never happened. Every time I mentioned it, the staff member would put on a sympathetic face and said, "We're so sorry, thank you for being so understanding" This was clearly scripted given the number of times I heard these exact words without any effort at sorting out the problem.

This hotel is fine if you're having your business expenses paid and need to be at canary wharf quickly as it is pretty close.

I think if you're a paying customer you can definitely get more for your money and better service if you look around carefully.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Dear Traveller, Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the New Providence Wharf Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide. I am sorry and disappointed the issues within your room were not resolved, and that you was not offered a alternative room. Please be aware I shall be following up all of your issues raised with all members of staff involved and shall certainly be rectifying these concerns accordingly. I would therefore like to welcome you back to the Hotel and make sure your stay is fully up to standards, please do not hesitate to contact me via the Hotel and I shall personally assist your future bookings.