“Lush hotel, Stylish, clean and lovely staff”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #149 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We stayed in the hotel for one night, and it exceeded my expectations. Only because on occasions I have been fooled by 'pretty' websites that do not resemble the hotels I have booked. If anything the Edwardians website does not show the rooms and hotel to there full - it was lovely, stylish, modern and clean. All staff where helpful and friendly.

I would, however recommend to anyone thinking of staying to a) book it but, b) ask for a room overlooking the river. Unfortunately our room overlooked residential apartments and waste ground.

Reading just a couple of other reviews, I am pleased to say there where more pillows available in our room and they were not lumpy, at breakfast all cutlery was clean, and the orange juice freshly squeezed. It is clear therefore that the hotel listens to the constructive criticism and has improved any flaws. I would therefore ask the hotel to maybe have the breakfast a little hotter and fresher for their guests (they have a long service and we went to breakfast at 10am, and I think it may have been kept warm for a little bit to long).

Thanks to all the staff for making our stay with you so wonderful and one to remember. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Guest, I am absolutely thrilled to read your review and pleased we exceeded your expectations on all levels of service and products. Your comments serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London. Your time taken to share your experience is very much appreciated and we are truly thank ful for your high ratings also. On a return visit to the Hotel why not sit back and relax in our Azura Bar, enjoy one of our finest cocktails all freshly prepared by our Bar Team!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Wow !!! what a fab hotel, Went to london to watch a show, and wanted a hotel out of the city centre. Easy to get within the tube and DLR. The reception staff was very friendly, taking an interest in the guest, The room was fab, shame we could only just see the river. The breakfast was lovely, plenty of choice (as i am a vegetarian) hubby was more than happy with the food.
The only negative is that there was no bottled water available in the room as complimentary, and my husband wanted some biscuits with his tea!!!!!!!
Overall i would come back, and recommed to my familly and friends.

Room Tip: ask for a river view, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Traveller, It gives me great pleasure to read your review and I thank you for taking the time to post it on our Trip Advisor Website. As mentioned our River Deluxe Bedrooms are absolutely stunning with floor to ceiling views over to the o2 Arena and I do hope on your return visit you will be able to take advantage of this luxury! I am absolutely thrilled you commented on our Staff, we really do have a great team on reception and will caterer for any Guests needs! I do hope I get the pleasure to meet you at the Hotel in the not so distance future.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the O2 Arena where I was attending an event so I only stayed for one night. The lobby is impressive and very modern and the reception staff were very friendly and proffessional. The room was as I would expect, modern and very clean. The only negatives were the very hard pillows on the bed and the water temperature. We only had one pillow each and there were'nt any extras in the cupboard. The pillows on the bed were hard and lumpy. The hot water in the bathroom also never got much hotter than luke warm. The rain shower was a nice touch though as well as the eco friendly amenities.

The breakfast was definately NOT what I'd expect of a hotel of this standard. The orange juice was nothing more than watered down concentrate. Surely it is not too costly to provide freshly squeezed? The coffee was rather bitter and tasteless and the cutlery and crockery smelled of egg.

As with most of my reviews, I always say it's the small things that make a big difference and the breakfast area certainly lacked any quality control.

Overall this is a lovely hotel with a brilliant spa and I would stay there again but only if the above problems are addressed.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the river for a great view!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us due to your event at the o2 Arena and for taking the time to write a detailed account of your stay here at The Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. Our staff are the essence of our business, and we are pleased that you found our location and hotel rooms to your convenience and comfort. I shall certainly follow up your concerns in regards to the breakfast with our Head Chef, who will take on board and put procedures in place to ensure this is up to standards for all Guests. We appreciate your comments as it helps us to improve our products and services, in which I would be delighted to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Chose this hotel as we were attending an event at the O2 Arena. It was perfectly placed.
We arrived early but every effort was made to accomodate us The reception staff were efficient but friendly and I really flt as if my custom mattered.We didn't have time to sample the spa facilities but I'm sure they matched the rest of the hotel/ The room (a riverview) was superb. Spotlessly clean, a huge bed which was very comfortable , Bang & Olafsun and Bose equipement abounded.. The in room fridge was very useful. The view across the river was beautiful.
The bathroom was huge, a Gorgeous free standing bath and a huge separate glass shower cubicle .
Breakfast was good every possible need catered for , plentiful and hot. We had it at the weekend rate of £9.95 instead of the usual £19.95. which was excellent.
It was a ten minute walk to Canary Wharf underground into the city and the staff were happy to organise taxis if needed . Car parking was £12.95 per day but well worth it. The Concierges could not have been more helpful..Well done Radisson. Totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Riverview room worth the little bit extra , spacious and reat to see the sun rise over the O2
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank thewirraltwosome
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Guest, I am receipt of your profound review in which i cannot thank you enough as this really does show are hard work is being recognised on such forums. Our biggest asset are the team we have, all staff across the hotel are very passionate about exceeding the expectations of our guests. I am also extremely pleased to read you booked a River Deluxe Bedroom, these rooms really do have the WOW factor and are defintely worth the upgrade when staying at the Hotel. On a return visit to the Hotel why not take advantage of our East River Spa, which is complimentary to all of our guests and will make you feel totally relaxed after such a hectic day!

Reviewed 28 November 2011

OMG we came back from our one night anniversary treat this morning, as soon as we arrived at the hotel yesterday afternoon we were upgraded to a deluxe room facing the river! Just because I had mentioned it was our anniversary! The lady said we would get a bottle of wine as well as a present! And oh yes we did!!

As soon as we entered the room we were totally amazed at the view, the O2 was infront of us in all its glory!! The bathroom was huge like a football field and had large windows we could see the river through!! Totallyyyy amazing!!!

All the staff were very helpful, they had a car valet parking service which we were charged £12 extra for but was well worth it! We went out for our anniversary meal and called from our room that we would be down in 5m so needed someone to get our car, as soon as we got down our car was ready....

Breakfast was lovely too all helpful staff and waitresses, lots of choice and variety slightly disappointed by the English breakfast which we found a few items to be cold...

It was a truly amazing memorable stay, thanks so much everyone, ill surely be recommending this hotel to my friends and family, I have stayed In many many hotels and I must say this was pure class.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank docash99

Dear Reviewer, I would firstly like to congratulate you and your partner on your anniversary and I am extremely delighted you thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. Here at Radisson Edwardian Hotels we enjoy treating our guests on such special occasions and therefore I am delighted you was totally thrilled by the upgrade. As mentioned our River Deluxe Bedrooms benefits from floor to ceiling views over to the o2 Arena and when relaxing in the bath.
I would be delighted to welcome you back to the Hotel on your return visit to London.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed at the Radisson for one night only for convenience as we were attending a party close by. It was really just a stop over, but it was so comfortable and the staff so helpful and friendly that we are now activiely seeking Radisson Hotels for a long trip to South America, Australia and New Zealand which we are going on shortly. Big hotels are often faceless and impersonal, but the general comfort and in particular the attitude of the staff more than compensated, and we had the feeling that you would just know what you would be getting if you booked a Radisson anywhere in the world. We liked the bathroom configuration and there were lots of interesting looking facilities that we didn't actually get a chance to use (wi fi etc) We were surprised there were no biscuits with the tea and coffee making stuff.

The bed was king size and very comfrtable.

So far as this one is concerned it is very well located for the O2 and Canary Wharf providing an unusual aspect of London for oversees visitors, although we would be inclined to take a taxi rather than walk around the area outside the hotel grounds at night. probably over cautious but the area wasn't really "buzzing " enough to feel totally safe as you might perhaps in the West End. Might be different in summer, and would not put us off staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, I am absolutely thrilled to read your comments with relevance to your recent stay here in this amazing city. It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an experience for our guests whilst in our hospitality. Here at Radisson we strive to ensure the guest is happy throughout their stay and therefore I am confident you will enjoy yourself at any of our Radisson Hotels within the world. Even though you didn't find the area 'buzzing' it is conveniently situated within close access to Canary Wharf which is a popular area for Guests to go in the evening and only a short tube ride to central London. I cannot thank you enough for your positive review and I certainly be sharing this with my colleagues.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed here last week and will be staying here a lot more as my new job requires me to work from Canary Wharf 2 days per week. The hotel itself is very smart, clean and modern. The room was great including the bathroom and all fixtures and fittings were clean and smart.

I ordered room service twice and both times service was prompt and on time. Breakfast delivered to my room was fresh and really good, with good size portions. There are a couple of areas for improvement. The reception staff were trainees and whilst pleasant they weren't really 4/5 star. I had an evening meal delivered to my room, steak sandwick, chips and goats cheese salad for starter. The starter was pretty good but the main sandwich was sloppy and covered in a strange tasting sauce. The chips were scarce (about 10 in all). Apart from those minor points I was pleased with the Radisson. Getting a draft beer delievered to my room and the morning shuttle to canary wharf was a real bonus.

Room Tip: Don't order steak sandwich and chips
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Traveller, I am extremely delighted of your review when staying with us and thank you for taking the time to do so. Customer care and guest satisfaction is what drives us as a company and I was pleased to a read positive review on our service levels. It is hugely gratifying to read your comments and I shall ensure to shared them with the entire team. Nevertheless as you are a returning Guest to the Hotel I would be delighted to meet with you and help with any queries you may during your stay, please contact me via the reception to do so.