“Excellent rooms and front office staff”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #146 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I must have stayed here for around 150 nights plus for the last two years and i always find the gfront office service exceptional. When I've had problems with my car they have rung around for quotes, the rooms are always really good and clean and the hotel is very flexible in the way they handle you and accomodate your desires. If you frequestly need to stay at or near Canary Wharf, this is a great hotel where you actually get a really good nights sleep too.

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the River Thames are fantastic - with exceptional bathrooms too. Good free b...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Traveller, Thank you for posting your wonderful comments and I am delighted that you choose to stay at the Hotel, we appreciate your continued support and custom. The team at New Providence Wharf are very passionate in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback on such public forums. I shall certainly share your kind words to all of the team especially the Front Office Staff who will be delighted to hear from you. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Alicia Garner

Write a ReviewReviews (3,926)

Reviewed 26 December 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel on my 24th birthday from the 17th-19th of December 2011. I was a few hours early for check in as I had just finished my early morning shopping, so I called the hotel and they told me that the room was ready so I could check in before 3pm. The check in was so quick and the staff were really friendly. I had a slight problem with the iPod dock but the problem was rectified within minutes of reporting it to reception. I went to a club in Canary Wharf on the Saturday which was only £5 by taxi.. (Always use the local taxi's as they're cheaper). On the Sunday me and a few friends went to the bar downstairs, watched the football and had the most gorgeous cocktails. One slight negative I would say is, because it wasn't so busy in the bar, the staff were crowded in one place which was slightly intimidating. Other than that I can't fault this hotel, I opted for a late check out which was so easily arranged. I have stayed in a lot of 4star hotels in London and the Raddison is by far one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms are gorgeous!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear Guest, WOW thank you for your detailed and high scoring review for your stay here and I do hope you had a wonderful birthday! I am extremely pleased my team catered for your early check in, which we try to do for all early arrivals to the Hotel. I am pleased you had a relaxing time in the Azura Bar, I hope you tried out our fabulous cocktails! I trust you will recommend us to your friends and family, and if I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me via hotel guest relations.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

I just spent one night here after going to see a concert at the 02. The Radisson is in a good location off the DLR, although slightly difficult to locate if you're walking. I got a room on a lastminute booking thing so got a great price for a london hotel.
The hotel is very impressive. Brand new i think... lovely room with shower, bath, everything you need. Huge bed. It was perfect and I slept really well. The staff were good, however could have maybe been a bit more friendly. I felt as though they were standing around chatting a lot at reception.
I didnt get breakfast as it wasn't included in my room rate and was quite expensive.
Would definitly stay here again and highly recommend it.
It was a £15 taxi ride from the 02 centre.

1  Thank Portugal611
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at the New Providence Wharf Hotel and even more for taking time to share your kind feedback which is overall so positive. I am disappointed you found the breakfast to be expensive; we do offer a wide variety of continental and english breakfast which when staying at the weekend is at a discounted rate. However thank you for commenting on the modern aspects of the Hotel which has become a attraction to many Guests when staying with us! I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

We booked this hotel as it was the cheapest of the Radissons in London for the weekend. For a weekend of shopping it was a bit further from town than I realized, and the nearest tube station was a 15 minute walk from the hotel (not counting the DLR). Nice to see the Canary Wharf area, but would go for something closer to town for the purpose of shopping.

The hotel seems brand new, and is in all ways a business hotel. Breakfast is nice, and the reception staff were all very nice and helpful. Good hotel, but not a shopping location.

1  Thank WorldWide-EBG

Dear Reviewer, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay here at the Hotel, this enables the team to look at ways of improving our products and services at the Hotel. As mentioned the Hotel is conveniently located for Guests who are here on business however still close to the newly opened Westfield Shopping centre which is only a short distance away and has become very popular with a majority of our Guests! On a return journey to the Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me via the Reception team and I will do my upmost best to ensure your stay is thoroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

Excellent facilities, friendly staff and great location. Can't fault it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
agarner07, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear Guest, It was our absolute pleasure to have hosted you in London. I am glad that my team looked after you and ensured that you have a great time in this wonderful city! I would like to thank you for your kind comments and high ratings, I shall certainly share this with the team. I hope you will rejoin us again soon, and once again choose this to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My department held their annual Xmas meal in the restaurant at the Radisson Edwardian and the atmosphere was great, the decor was warm and inviting and the staff provided an excellent service to 27 people pretty much at the same time when it came to serving food. The food was very good and very good value for money. Definitely somewhere that will be revisited in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your delightful comments in regards to your recent meal here at the Hotel. I am extremely pleased all of the staff were accommodating and helpful whilst enjoying your Christmas department meal here at the Hotel. I shall certainly pass on your kind words to the Kitchen team who strive to ensure all food is up to the Guests satisfaction and will be delighted to hear the night was a success! We look forward to hosting your xmas event here next year.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

A very pleasant stay the moment I walked into the hotel lounge staff were very quick to assist The girls on reception were very professional with a hassle free check in Facilities were excellent with the Spa area well worth the effort very clean and tidy throughout would recommend this to anyone choosing a long weekend or a quick stop over on business
As for the taxi fares to and from the O2 ( only 10 minutes away) I would recommend a local branch the ones used by the hotel can be pricey
Overall great time had and facilitated well I would and will return again
Mr S Osman

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river a must
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank soyer o

Dear Traveller, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Tripadvisor website in regards to your recent stay here at Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. Truly our hotel benefits from being within easy access to the o2 arena, not to mention the new shopping centre Westfield which is only a 10minute journey on the tube.
I do hope on a return visit to the Hotel you will take advantage of our River Deluxe Bedrooms as mentioned the rooms facing the river is a must when staying with us.