Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #80 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
“PURE LUXURY”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Thanks so much for making us feel so welcome.We stayed at weekend & everyone was so helpful nothing too much trouble.Highly recommend for a pampering weekend getaway.Everywhere in this hotel was amazing PURE LUXURY,every attention to detail like the rooms free water & complimentary items,had a really good night"s sleep.The spa was so relaxing & again nothing too much trouble.Thankyou so much.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your lovely review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed the experience and appreciated the luxury of the East River Spa. I’m particularly pleased to learn of your appreciation for the attention to details.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience again pure luxury stay at our hotel.

Guest Service Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've stayed here many times recently and I'm always made to feel welcome.

The staff are second to none and I'm always disappointed when I can't get a room and have to stay at a local competitor hotel... they don't compare at all to the Radisson.

The reason I love this hotel so much is it's pretty much home from home.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. The whole team at the hotel is proud and delighted to read your fantastic words in recognition of a great service to one of our returning guest.

The team always work exceptionally hard to ensure every guest has a wonderful stay and I'm pleased that you always made to feel welcome.

It is always a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel time and time again.

Kristiansand
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here with a friend, and we were both very happy with our stay.
The hotel has a very swanky lounge-style decor, our room was big and very comfortable, a big bed in the center of the room, and a huge spa-style bathroom.
Details such as luxury toiletries and complimentary bottles of water in the room was a welcome touch, and add to the total experience.
Breakfast was served in a modern buffet-style restaurant. The selection was excellent, and the staff was very helpful.

The only con (for some people) would be the location of the hotel. I personally prefer being in a quieter location than a central London hotel, but the area has a lot of construction going on, so it's not very scenic, and there's not very much close by, except for Canary Wharf, which is good for shopping. Being in the financial district, the area doesn't really offer very much to tourists, but it's very easy to get around on the Docklands Light Railway and nearby underground connections.
If you travel to/from London City Airport, as we did, getting there couldn't be easier.

The only thing that did however disappoint me, was the fact that a couple of days prior to arrival I emailed the hotel, asking for the easiest way of getting there from the airport, as the plane arrived quite late. I got no answer untill the day after I had checked in, an e-mail telling me that the concierge would get back to me. They did, a day after I had checked out and left. Not very impressive.

But all in all, a very good stay, good hotel in a quiet location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bhhandel
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm feedback.
I’m glad that you were happy with your stay with us. I am delighted to read all the little touches we provide were a success and that you found your room comfortable. Also, I am delighted you and your friend enjoyed a gorgeous breakfast in our Scoff and Banter Restaurant.
Thank you for your comments about our location. We are working very closely with the construction company to ensure the construction does not affect our guests. So far, we have had very little negative feedback.

I was very sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced with email correspondence from the hotel. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.
I would like to invite you to contact me directly so I can look after your reservation and ensure there are no problems this time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sussex
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night to attend a concert at the 02. From the moment we walked in, all the staff were extremely friendly, polite, and helpful and we were made to feel very welcome. The room was gorgeous, spacious with plenty of added touches. The bed was huge, had to stretch to kick partner when he snored! The concert was unfortunately cancelled, so cant comment on the arrangements to and from the 02. We decided to stay for dinner. The waitress was attentive, extremely polite and couldnt have done any more for us. The food was delicious. The breakfast was plentiful, continental, fruit, pastries, full English, more than enough choice. It was self service, which suits me. Waitresses continually topping up tea and coffee for you. We also visited the Spa for a Moroccan Steam Sauna (Im not sure what the exact name is). Again, the attention we were given (especially by a lovely lady called Deena) was outstanding. She supplied us with everything we needed, and went through that was involved etc. Afterwards we went through to the relaxing lounge where we were bought Lemon Sorbet to enjoy while we relaxed. Complimentary water and drinks and fruit were on offer as we relaxed. We have no negatives about this hotel, we were there only 1 night, and yet Ive come away feeling relaxed, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will def be back. (Note: mini-bar in room very expensive, avoid. ie KitKat £3.50!). But I think that's pretty standard with mini bars generally.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SueMark1
Dear Guest,

It gives me great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay here at The Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am so pleased you found your room and bed comfortable,
I have shared your very kind comments about the friendliness of the team with everyone – it really is a great motivator for the team to know when our guests have enjoyed staying with us. Dina is particularly thrilled with your very kind comments. I am also glad you liked our Scoff & Banter restaurant offering a collection of traditional British dishes served straight up or with a twist.

I do hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if we can be of assistance.

Banbury
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night in October. There were 3 adults and we stayed in one of the suites on the fourth floor. We got it at a fantastic price. All of the staff were very friendly and polite and the service was fantastic. The suite was lovely, clean and had views over the Thames. All shower gels, shampoos etc were supplied and were lovely. Short walk to docklands light railway, but not much around the immediate area.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased to read such a lovely comments about our suites. Thank you also for your kind words regarding the fantastic service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. My Executive Housekeeper will be delighted to hear that you found our supplied toiletries lovely.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back soon.

England
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to attend a concert at the O2 and from beginning to end it was perfect. It is situated a little way out of the City, but we took a taxi to Canary Wharf and then the boat which was no trouble at all. To get to the O2 it was just a taxi and a short boat ride arranged by the hotel which went like clockwork. I loved the understated luxury of our bedroom and bathroom, both of which had an amazing view of the O2 venue. The staff were all wonderful and each person we came in contact with went out of their way to be helpful. We had dinner one night and the food was lovely, as were the mojitos! Thanks to all who helped make my husband's birthday a little bit special. The cake was so thoughtful and we will be back again.

Room Tip: We had room 628 which has an amazing view,
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a lovely review.
I am very pleased that you chose to enjoy your husband’s special birthday at our hotel and I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience on such a special occasion. Also, I was happy to read all the little touches we provide were a success and that the service you received from my team was so well received.
The room 628 is truly amazing, indeed. It has a fantastic view of the river that is stunning especially during the night time. And it is my favourite room in the hotel; therefore I understand why you enjoyed it.

Ashurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Good hotel for a business stay, bit style over substance for me but depends on your taste.
Food very good and very reasonably priced for a main hotel in that location.
If you want the O2 it's great or anywhere in Canary Wharf, you will need a cab from the tube however.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing a positive review on our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the hotel décor was not to your taste. I am very happy to learn that the food and prices met your expectations.

Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel for your stay, and I very much hope to meet you in the future. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.