Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
4,020 results
All reviewscanary wharfeast indiablackwall dlrfree shuttleriver viewcanning townlovely hoteljubilee linespa facilitiesroom serviceminute walklondon city airportbooked this hotelbusiness hoteldeluxe roomwould highly recommend this hotelfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel as a birthday treat. We were overwhelmed with the look of the entrance of the hotel. Very stylish and modern. The staff were very friendly and efficient.
Our room was lovely, everything that we needed was in there. I was very impressed that I was delivered a treat by room service as it was my birthday. I also received a lovely, delicious desert with a birthday candle. There was no big gesture of a loud chorus of happy birthday, just a pleasant message from the head waiter and a lovely surprise.
The food was great, hot and tasty and good value.
Overall, we had a lovely stay here, and look forward to booking again on my husbands birthday!
Thank you.

Stayed: November 2013
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your birthday celebration here at The Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience including the complimentary treat in your room and delicious desert with a birthday candle.
It will be my pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team here and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I don't come to London often, so maybe I am not the best person to trust, but I booked this hotel through a third party online agency for a special night for my daughter. We went to the O2 arena to see a favourite artist of ours. The concert was fantastic, which was the primary objective. However, I must say the stay in this hotel made everything very special. The staff were excellent. I booked this through a third party online agency, and was surprised to find on arrival that we had a suite. The facilities in the room were first class. Nothing was too much trouble. The bar was well equipped and not too expensive. The breakfast was lovely, and a wide variety of foods were available. We even had a free shuttle back to Canary Wharf the following morning which was very helpful. The staff were most knowledgeable about the area and how to get around. Taxis were organised without fuss and arrived promptly. A most enjoyable experience with particular mention to Emma on reception who was just lovely.

If you are ever going top the O2 arena for a special night, I would recommend this hotel without reservation (excuse the pun) as an additional extra. I will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your kind comments, I was really pleased to read that stay in our hotel made your trip very special. Thank you also for your recommendation.
We’re delighted you and your family have enjoyed their time with us, especially a lovely breakfast at the start of the day. I am also very happy to hear your kind words regarding the service you received and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.
Emma is particularly thrilled with your very kind comments!
Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel in October, it was my first time there. As soon as I stepped in, I liked the atmosphere and the interior - very modern and tasteful. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was even better with huge windows overlooking the O2 Arena (the Olympic Stadium) and the river. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was almost as big as the room with a separate standing bath at the window so you can lie in it enjoying the beautiful views. The area is worth mentioning as well - it's a new bustling business area and the hotel has an ideal location to visit such places as the O2 Arena and the Olympic park, to experience the Emirates Cable Car and a high speed boat to get to the Central London within only 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Corner room have a better view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nataliya S
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased to read such a wonderful comments about our staff and location.
It is true there is nothing better than having a long soak in one of our tubs after a day strolling around London’s top sites. We are so lucky to have few attractions right on our doorstep and the Concierge team are brilliant at pointing al of guests in the right direction of all that local area has to offer.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.
In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked this hotel to attend a gig at the O2 but it would be handy for any other location or venue on the DLR which has an excellent service from early to late - all trains have a guard on board and you will feel safe even travelling late at night. I got a cheap rate from lastminute.com and I would have been disappointed to pay much more. There are plenty of hotels closer to central London that offer much better value for money. Don't follow the directions on the hotel website - they take you out to East India via Canning Town which is zone 3 and a more expensive journey. Take the Jubilee line to Canary Wharf then take the DLR to Blackwall which is still within zone 2. The hotel is easier to find on foot from this station through the underpass. Our room had the worst view I think I've ever had in a hotel looking into the office block next door. We did ask to move because of this and also as the room was adjacent to the lifts and there was a noise from the ice machine in the corridor but we were told the hotel was full and no other room was available which I did find hard to believe when there were 169 rooms at the rate we had paid. The "superior double room" is plush and finished to a high standard but the space to hang clothes was in the bathroom which did make the room appear larger but was a little bizarre. I read another review that says style over substance and I would have to agree! We didn't eat at the hotel preferring instead to travel back to Canary Wharf which offers an excellent selection of bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a decent view don't expect it from the "superior" rooms which seem to be situated down the side of the building with a view of the office block next door!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your warm feedback. I am pleased to know that the location of the hotel was convenient for your trip to the O2, but I am very sorry to learn that you were not happy with the website directions to the hotel.
We direct our guest to East India Station as we think that some of the guest will not be happy to use underpass under the motorway from the Blackwall Station. The walking distance is exactly the same as from both of the stations.
I’m also very sorry that our hotel décor was not to your liking and that your room could not be moved. With regards to hotel rooms the wardrobes are located in the bathrooms to help keep the clothes pressed. If you return to the hotel perhaps one of our One Bedroom Suite would be more to your liking as that room has the wardrobe in the bedroom.
We have a wide variety of different rooms available, and I would be very happy to personally oversee your arrangements for any future visits in order that I can ensure you will have a room in which you can relax and enjoy a memorable experience.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here in October, stranded after the storm. Have been here a few times and always thought it was good, however this more than surpassed my expectations. View from room (and bathroom) of thames & O2 was amazing. Room was spacious and well furnished, bed huge and comfortable. Bathroom was one of the best i have ever seen, and i have stayed in a lot of hotels around the world.

I ordered food, which was piping hot and delicious - not that common for room service...

It is a little out of the way for Canary Wharf, so make sure you know where you are going before you leave. However well worth the few minutes extra walk as much better than most other hotels in the area and significantly better value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jtravel1907
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at The Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. I am extremely pleased to hear that we more then surpassed your expectations and I will pass on your kind words to the team.
I have to agree our beds are very comfy and after a long day they are the perfect place to rest one’s head and doze off until the next morning.
I’m also delighted that you enjoyed the views over the Thames – it’s very serene, especially during evening hours watching all the boats and activity along the river. I am also very happy to learn that you loved the room service food.

I do hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if we can be of any assistance.

Guest Service Team Learder