“Great Hotel for Canary Wharf and ExCeL”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #148 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Hotel is really good located if you are visiting canary Wharf or the Exibition Center (ExCeL) in London. It has a great view of the O2 Arena as well.

You are only a 15 minutes walk from Canary Wharf and 4 Stations away wight he DLR from ExCel.

The rain-shower is amazing and fit any tall person under it (not usual for UK). The only problem is that it gets the bathroom floor all wet when you shower... not that convenient.

The room is spacious and well equipped. The illumination of the room was poorly designed. The Spos (high energy consuming as well) make the room feel like in a street at night with spots illuminated and really dark spots. The Free Wi-Fi is quite Fast.

Staff is really friendly and competent. Ready to help in any situation with a smile!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TripBusiness
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Hotel and for taking the time to write about your visit. I am very pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and competent. I am also happy that hotel location was convenient for you.
I am pleased to know that you liked our rain-shower, but I am very sorry to learn that you experience problems with drain in the bathroom. I have personally spoken to our Maintenance Manager who has is currently looking into this issue. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you also for your comments regarding lights in our rooms. The spots lights in the bedrooms are part of our contemporary design. When you stay with us next time we will be happy to provide extra light for your bedroom.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Guest Service Team Leader

Write a ReviewReviews (3,930)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel has beautiful views of the 02 arena and surrounding areas. We stayed in a suite which did not fail to meet our expectations with such a comfy bed. It feels like you are sleeping on clouds! Wonderfully relaxing. The staff were welcoming and always attentive.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kiksp
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review regarding your recent stay with us here at the New Providence Wharf hotel. Im so pleased that you had such a great stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the beautiful views of the O2 arena and surrounding area from our hotel and that you were pleased with your room. I am so pleased that you had a comfortable nights sleep and found our staff to be welcoming and attentive.

If you need any help with future reservations or any special requests please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help. Thank you again for your kind feedback and I am so glad that your stay was wonderfully relaxing.

Many thanks,

Emma Adams

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I held our wedding reception at the Radisson in Canary Wharf. From start to finish it was great. The booking was simple and going forward I was in regular contact with Sheena who was overseeing my event. I made several changes in the run up to the day and these changes were easily met by Sheena and Riyad. The staff were great, really professional and polite. The location was perfect with the dome providing a great backdrop! We were given a complimentary room which was just as good and had the food from the reception waiting for us in the room! Service was faultless! Will definitely be recommending both the venue and hotel to others! The only downside was the parking... other than that... perfect!

Room Tip: Go for the river facing rooms! great views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank omer_monier
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your Wedding!

I was delighted to hear that we were able to create some wonderful memories for both of you to share on what was such a celebratory occasion. I was also pleased that you appreciated the level of service delivered by our team here and that you were able to make the most of our location. It will be my pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team here. Sheena and Riadh are particularly happy with your fantastic comments.
I am also delighted to read how much you enjoyed your room and the food. However, I was disappointed to hear about problems you experience with limited car park spaces in our hotel. Due to our location we can provide around 80 car spaces that are use by our hotel guests. When our car park becomes busy guests can use NCP car park that is within 10 min walking distance for the hotel.
I do apologise for the inconvenience cause.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again, perhaps for your wedding anniversary. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

This hotel is amazing,
It offers first class service, all the staff are so polite and helpful, can't do enough for you,
I had a lovely room with a great view, I was there on business and found the hotel in a great location, it was so easy to find and the parking was ideal.
The food was first class, the service was fast and room service was excellent too.
I found the bar informal and relaxing - it was nice to be able to relax with a drink in the evening.

Room Tip: Great views from the room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicolala73

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful feedback
The whole team at the hotel is proud and delighted to read your fantastic words in recognition of service you have received.
I am very happy to hear your appreciation the design of our bar. Thank you also for your lovely comments about our food and I am delighted you found our room service to be excellent.
It was our pleasure having you stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We always stay at this hotel when visiting the O2. Just a short train ride away from Canary Wharf mainline station (via LDR) with spectacular views across the Thames to the Dome. O2 can be reached by taxi (about 20 mins if roads busy) or by Thames Clipper water taxi. Our room this time (528) was just top notch with panoramic views from the spacious and well equipped bedroom and from the picture floor to ceiling window in the penthouse style bathroom. Just lovely.The breakfast selection is the best we have ever had when visiting any London hotel (and we stay up in the City often), the staff are very helpful and there is now an additional new conservatory extension to the Thames side restaurant which makes the best of what was always an attractive but windy spot! Will be returning just as soon as we can.

Room Tip: All rooms very quiet - river facing have spectacular views. Those facing away will overlook construc...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you were in London and thank you for your review. I’m pleased to read such a lovely comments about our staff and location.
The room 528 is truly wonderful, indeed. It has a fantastic view of the river that is stunning especially during the night time. It is one of my favourite rooms in the hotel; therefore I understand why you loved it.
Thank you also for pointing out our fantastic Scoff and Banter Restaurant with great views over the Thames. I am also delighted that you liked our breakfast. We receive many lovely comments about how lovely it is, so pleased you thought that too.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great hotel - great location and the staff are very welcoming and friendly.

Family enjoyed the sights of London from a quieter location, but with water bus & tube right on the doorstep.

Amazing view of the river and O2 - at night spectacular.

Room Tip: In a glass tower I imagine all to be good !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.
I am extremely pleased to hear that you found our staff very welcoming and friendly and I will pass on your kind words to the team. I’m also glad that you enjoyed the views over the Thames – it’s very serene, especially watching all the boats and activity along the river.

Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Ne Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

A two night stay with my wife, son/daughter in law + baby and my daughter in laws dad = x3 double rooms.
Rooms were clean and modern and well equipped/furnished - as was the rest of the hotel. The staff were friendly and ready to help you with any need. Also importantly for me they were not over attentive/pushy. They also went out of their way to assist in my baby grand daughter's needs. The staff are a credit to this Hotel. Breakfast offered a good choice and the views from the restaurant over the Thames towards the 02 Arena was lovely. Courtesy daily papers were also available for guests. The bar area staff were also obliging. My wife and I both found (each at different times) that the water for the bath was not hot enough for us. On the occasions we used the shower - lovely. The one thing that really let them down for me was when I payed my bill at check out. I paid by card for all three rooms, extras and car parking etc. No problem with that until the following day at home when I had an unrelated query with our Bank. It transpired that my wife's debit card (swiped when we checked in) had also been used by the hotel for the payment of our room etc. The other two rooms had also been double paid - this time on my son's father in law's card. I phoned and spoke to a member of staff, Olympia, at the Radisson who assured me that the money would appear back in our respective accounts within 2/3 days and that I should have had things explained to me at check in (I was not at the Hotel when my wife checked in). However, I believe that the staff at check out should have immediately spotted the double payments on their system and alerted me at that point. No harm done though and does not detract from our lovely stay at this Hotel. I know that this Hotel reads the comments on Trip Advisor and responds to matters in a positive professional manner. I would not hesitate to return and would certainly recommend it to readers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank heshvan

Dear Guest,
Thank you also for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced throughout your stay. I am glad that you found our staff attentive but not over pushy. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. I am happy to read you enjoyed the breakfast at our new build terrace with lovely views over the Thames and the O2.
However it is disappointing to read that the water in the bath was not hot enough. I have personally spoken to our Maintenance Manager who is currently looking into this issue.
My sincere apologies that preauthorisation had not been explained at the time of check in or check out. I can assure you that part of our procedure is to inform all guests about it.
Thank you again for you nice comments. It’s wonderful to know that you will return to us on future occasions and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back. In this respect, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.